View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 06:28 AM   #12
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to oohpapi44 Send a message via MSN to oohpapi44 Send a message via Yahoo to oohpapi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnoypi View Post
I used to think the same thing till i was passenger in my co-workers IS300. He absolutely doesn't know anything about cars and maintained his tire pressures by the max psi indicated on his sidewalls. He would complain about tires and brag about how his car is a "sleeper" drift car because it was tail happy. I had to explain to him his tire pressures were so high it upset the handling and grip he had in the rear. I happened to be in the car when he had a blowout while on a lunch break. His tires were very much like the tire as pictured here on the right.

Click the image to open in full size.
Not disagreeing with you. NY and NJ are different animals when it comes to tire pressure, compared to doing the same in CA or FL. It's asinine to max out tire pressure here and what happened (blow out) is exactly whats going to happen when hitting a pothole with a rock hard tire; or bent rim.

Would have been great to see the psi numbers associated with the picture you posted.

2001 - GS430, modded a lil bit
2011 - RX450h
oohpapi44 is offline   Reply With Quote