IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

finally got to test drive the 3IS Fsport 350 RWD

Old 11-01-13, 04:48 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default finally got to test drive the 3IS Fsport 350 RWD

if any of you have been following my 2014 is still on order. and as crazy as it may sound i have been waiting all this time almost 3 months to get a car i still have not driven.
well today a dealer in denver contacted me as he know i was looking for a 350 F sport RWD
as luck would have it they just got in 2 of the corporate dest demos each with between 2400 and 2900 miles on them!
offered to make me a sweet deal.
to be honest i wasn't expecting to get a deal good enough to make me want to buy white car and they certainly didn't disappoint. they offered 3,000 off msrp but I've seen deals better than that
here already.
i could have got them down more but he already knew i wasn't interested in white and that i already have one on order that i left a 1k deposit for.

anyway, enjoyed the drive, my only complaint is the intake resonator that i have on my GS either didn't exist on this car or wasn't working. i guess i never asked any of the current owners if the IS had one i just assumed it did!
for those who don't know what i am talking about there is a resonator and i believe a tube that carries sound from the intake into the cabin of the car on the GS. it really gives the GS a nice growl when you get on the gas.
i was really bummed the IS didn't have that because it definitely adds a distinctive muscle sound to the car and it makes for a nice touch overall in the GS.
so now i got to figure out how to replicate that in the IS!

i loved the 8 speed transmission, i didn't realize how close together the gears seem to be, it almost feels CVT smooth to me despite the gears changing SO fast!
i mostly drove on the highway, got to play with the radar cruise and navigation a little bit.

anyway if anyone is looking for a fully loaded white with Rioja interior, mark lev, nav, BSM, PCS, F sport with a few miles i would like to at least help the sales guy sell one of them!

also included i dint know if this was standard or not but it has outside auto dimming mirrors but does not have the rear shade.
only looked at 1 car and i don't know if the others have those items or not.
if anyone is interested send me a pm and ill give you the sales guys contact info.
i think you might be able to get another couple thousand off if your a serious buyer.
Old 11-01-13, 05:03 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
if any of you have been following my 2014 is still on order. and as crazy as it may sound i have been waiting all this time almost 3 months to get a car i still have not driven.
well today a dealer in denver contacted me as he know i was looking for a 350 F sport RWD
as luck would have it they just got in 2 of the corporate dest demos each with between 2400 and 2900 miles on them!
to be honest i wasn't expecting to get a deal good enough to make me want to buy white car and they certainly didn't disappoint. they offered 3,000 off msrp but I've seen deals better than that
here already.
i could have got them down more but he already knew i wasn't interested in white and that i already have one on order that i left a 1k deposit for.

anyway, enjoyed the drive, my only complaint is the intake resonator that i have on my GS either didn't exist on this car or wasn't working. i guess i never asked any of the current owners if the IS had one i just assumed it did!
for those who don't know what i am talking about there is a resonator and i believe a tube that carries sound from the intake into the cabin of the car on the GS. it really gives the GS a nice growl when you get on the gas.
i was really bummed the IS didn't have that because it definitely adds a distinctive muscle sound to the car and it makes for a nice touch overall in the GS.

i loved the 8 speed transmission, i didn't realize how close together the gears seem to be, it almost feels CVT smooth to me despite the gears changing SO fast!
i mostly drove on the highway, got to play with the radar cruise and navigation a little bit.

anyway if anyone is looking for a fully loaded white with Rioja interior, mark lev, nav, BSM, PCS, F sport with a few miles i would like to at least help the sales guy sell one of them!

also included i dint know if this was standard or not but it has outside auto dimming mirrors but does not have the rear shade.
if anyone is interested send me a pm and ill give you the sales guys contact info.
i think you might be able to get another couple thousand off if your a serious buyer.
Glad you decided to wait for the car you wanted. For what its worth, I would think more than twice about buying a sport sedan demo. Even though this is a Lexus product, those are 3000 very hard miles, all test drives, early in the life of the engine. They would have to offer me a lot more that 3K off to take the risk of ownership here.
Old 11-01-13, 05:10 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here already.

Dang, I thought you were going to say you are going to buy this. I would have asked my sales guy to grab your car on the boat if you did!

2500 & 2900 miles are pretty high miles. I wonder if these were used for Lexus events where people are just hammering the car? Did they have VGRS and Power Tilt and Telescopic wheel?

I believe auto dimming mirrors are standard.
Old 11-01-13, 05:21 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

I drove a 250 F-sport since they didn't have a 350. But I got to drive a 350 luxury so it gave me a little bit of an idea how the 306 hp motor felt.
Old 11-01-13, 06:20 PM
js1011
Rookie

***** on chin, bubba... 2000+ miles are already used and abused.
Old 11-01-13, 07:23 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, 3k off for almost 3000 hard, demo miles is a terrible deal, so it's good that you waited on your order. Trust me, it'll be worth it!
Old 11-01-13, 07:44 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Terrible. 3k puts u right about at invoice only
Old 11-01-13, 08:52 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

The intake sound resonator is included with the 3IS F-Sport... Of course you only hear the extra growl in the higher 3k rpms and up. Strange that you didn't hear it kick in during the test drive.
Old 11-01-13, 08:59 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
The intake sound resonator is included with the 3IS F-Sport... Of course you only hear the extra growl in the higher 3k rpms and up. Strange that you didn't hear it kick in during the test drive.
it definitely wasn't there audibly, i know because I've heard it may times in the GS
interestingly enough ive been looking online and i have yet to find an F sport package with auto dimming outside mirrors its offered in the luxury package and mentioned as a performance package under packages on lexus.com
i also did a build of a fully loaded f sport and its not mentioned on the build anywhere.
these cars i saw were definitely a unique build, no question they were corporate demo's
and i forgot to mention there were actually 3 of these cars not 2, i only saw 2 personally but was told there were 3 of them.
Old 11-01-13, 09:04 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

i just went and looked at the GS in the garage and the resonator is just sitting alongside the intake pipe. i thought there was actually a tube that carries it into the cabin. but i guess not.
ive see the same in pictures on the 3IS so i am curious as to why this car had none of that sound.
maybe aftermarket intake? not likely on a test demo.
Old 11-01-13, 10:48 PM
abcsoup
Driver

it definitely wasn't there audibly, i know because I've heard it may times in the GS
interestingly enough ive been looking online and i have yet to find an F sport package with auto dimming outside mirrors its offered in the luxury package and mentioned as a performance package under packages on lexus.com
i also did a build of a fully loaded f sport and its not mentioned on the build anywhere.
these cars i saw were definitely a unique build, no question they were corporate demo's
and i forgot to mention there were actually 3 of these cars not 2, i only saw 2 personally but was told there were 3 of them.
Auto-dimming exterior mirrors are offered as part of the blind spot monitor on F-Sport models. So if it has BSM, it should also have dimming mirrors. The Lexus site does not make this clear, however, so your confusion is understandable!
Old 11-02-13, 12:13 AM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by abcsoup
Auto-dimming exterior mirrors are offered as part of the blind spot monitor on F-Sport models. So if it has BSM, it should also have dimming mirrors. The Lexus site does not make this clear, however, so your confusion is understandable!
Is this true? The paper thing on my car says it has auto dimming side mirrors, but I don't find this to be true. When I look at the side mirrors compared to the rear view mirror, I can see that the rear view has activated the auto dim, but the side mirrors look the same as when auto dim was not on for my rear view. I do have BSM for my IS.

So, are auto tilt and auto dimming separate for the side mirrors? I thought they were a joint deal...
Old 11-02-13, 08:08 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by abcsoup
well if that's the case then BONUS!
Old 11-02-13, 08:16 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

i just went and looked at the GS in the garage and the resonator is just sitting alongside the intake pipe. i thought there was actually a tube that carries it into the cabin. but i guess not.
ive see the same in pictures on the 3IS so i am curious as to why this car had none of that sound.
maybe aftermarket intake? not likely on a test demo.
I read on one of the reviews that it kicks in after ~4,000 RPM.
Old 11-02-13, 11:20 AM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Is this true? The paper thing on my car says it has auto dimming side mirrors, but I don't find this to be true. When I look at the side mirrors compared to the rear view mirror, I can see that the rear view has activated the auto dim, but the side mirrors look the same as when auto dim was not on for my rear view. I do have BSM for my IS.

So, are auto tilt and auto dimming separate for the side mirrors? I thought they were a joint deal...
Yeah, I think the BSM includes auto-dimming mirrors. On my order sheet, the BSM option looks like the following image:
Attached Thumbnails finally got to test drive the 3IS Fsport 350 RWD-isconfig.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally got to test drive the 3IS Fsport 350 RWD