LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 LS 460 F Sport Brakes

Old 10-22-13, 11:21 AM
Lvbadboyz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 LS 460 F Sport Brakes

I recently purchased a 2013 LS460 F Sport and having annoying squeaking front brake problems. I contacted my local dealership and Lexus Corp. and was told "there is no fix". It's hard to believe that a company this size does not have a fix for this problem? Anyone else going through this???
Old 10-22-13, 01:03 PM
14LSSport
Driver

I got a 14 LS 460 F-Sport on order...
Old 10-22-13, 02:33 PM
14LSSport
Driver

These guys may be able to help. Carbotech

http://ctbrakes.com/pads.asp

Sport Package w/ Brembo Calipers F: CT1440 $199
Old 10-22-13, 02:53 PM
2Chance
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2013 F Sport with a little over 3k miles. The brakes had a pretty loud squeal at first but are silent now. I get a little squeal after a wash but that is to be expected.

Just wanted to add that I have to do a lot of inching along to get into the compound where I work so at first, I was very disappointed and almost embarrassed while presenting identification to the guard. Give it time it will go away.

Last edited by 2Chance; 10-22-13 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-22-13, 03:46 PM
Lvbadboyz
Driver School Candidate

2chance, thank you for your response. I'm at 6,500 miles now and the squeal is getting worse. It's constant with or without the car wash. You would think they can resolve the brake problem on a car this expensive. This is my 7th Lexus and clearly the most disappointing. We also have the regular 2013 LS460 and it does not have this problem. It's embarrassing!!!
Old 10-22-13, 05:54 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvbadboyz
2chance, thank you for your response. I'm at 6,500 miles now and the squeal is getting worse. It's constant with or without the car wash. You would think they can resolve the brake problem on a car this expensive. This is my 7th Lexus and clearly the most disappointing. We also have the regular 2013 LS460 and it does not have this problem. It's embarrassing!!!
I knew about the Brembo brakes before I bought the car. The noise level has not increased during the 6K miles driven so far. I can't hear the squeaking with the windows up and music playing.
Old 10-23-13, 05:20 AM
14LSSport
Driver

I didn't have any squeaking with the 12 Range Rover Sport Supercharged vehicle I just traded it. It had Brembo brakes that I put 14 K on?

I can't stand driving a car with squeaky brakes. It bother's me, even with radio loud and window's up.

It's embarassing.

I will have some Carbotech pads waiting around to be installed when my F-Sport comes in.

Last edited by 14LSSport; 10-23-13 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-23-13, 07:55 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone tried bedding the brakes. Not sure if that would help but it's an option to try. Coming from an ISF owner, my original brakes were very squeaky. However, when I did the front break service, I installed OEM Brembo rotors together with StopTech Street Performance and after that bedded them in accordance with the typical bedding procedures. After that, absolutely no squeal, stopping power is on par with the OEM pads, and about half as much dust.
Old 10-23-13, 10:47 AM
14LSSport
Driver

Originally Posted by Ascari_2
Has anyone tried bedding the brakes. Not sure if that would help but it's an option to try. Coming from an ISF owner, my original brakes were very squeaky. However, when I did the front break service, I installed OEM Brembo rotors together with StopTech Street Performance and after that bedded them in accordance with the typical bedding procedures. After that, absolutely no squeal, stopping power is on par with the OEM pads, and about half as much dust.
I took the OEM pads off my Range Rover Sport shortly after purchase because of all the brake dust. Cabotech pads are ceramic pads, same OEM stopping power, hardly any brake dust. Wheels hardly showed any brake dust.

Maybe you can get Lexus customer service to pay for some Carbotech pads?

Just checked with Lexus Parts, Front OEM brake pad P/N 044650W151

Carbotech makes a pad: Fits yr: 2011 and up

Front P/N CT1440, Compound 1521, $199.00
Rear P/N CT1283, Compound 1521, $159.00

I would replace them all at the same time.

Should solve your squealing issue.

Last edited by 14LSSport; 10-23-13 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-28-13, 07:48 AM
14LSSport
Driver

Sucks we have to buy other pads.

Somebody buy a set and let me know how they are working out?

My new car will be here in December sometime.
Old 10-28-13, 02:28 PM
JG132
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default brambo brakes

Check the other Brambo brake forum. I have a 2011 LS 460 sport and had the same issues.
Lexus has replaced pads, shims and rotors. It better but not fully corrected. Good luck.
Old 10-28-13, 03:18 PM
LexFather

GS F-sport had this issue with some people, a TSB was eventually placed and you could swap out to new pads complimentary…..Not sure if they will go the same route with the LS
Old 11-02-13, 08:13 AM
14LSSport
Driver

I'll just get the car and wait before buying new pads from Carbotech. When the brakes start squealing, I'll see what Lexus will do.
Old 11-03-13, 10:53 PM
JDD
Driver School Candidate

Default New Brake Pad coming from Lexus

Just got informed by my local dealer that Lexus had a diagnostic conference where a new brake pad for the Brembo brakes will be released in late December (projected); I have a 2010 LS460 Sport - the front pads have been relatively noisy once again lately (after a couple prior fixes)
Old 11-11-13, 06:10 PM
ls4guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascari_2
so while i'm on my 3rd ls now, i have to laugh. i test drove an f-sport and it was nice. i feel the standard trim has a better front signature with the fogs at night but lets discuss the squeal. yes, it can be annoying but what the hell are these ppl thinking they're buying??!! the f-sport is a sports-tuned vehicle with aftermarket brembos. bedding should always be done but most on this thread will think u're suggesting having sex with that car.

i bypassed the f because 90% of the time i'm cruisin'. this vehicle is a boulevardier. if u put lipstick on a hawg, it's still a hawg, k.. so u buy the f and have some squeal. lex will fix it i'm sure but that fix will result in longer stopping distances which negates the f effect.

ppl need to get their heads straight. the ls is not a twin-turbo sports vehicle. the demographics for the car indicate a more sedate crowd. most are old (like me) and can't even appreciate the level of tech in the car. the f trim is there to primarily appease the mags - car & driver, road & track because their write-ups effect sales. i've had an '07, '12 and now a special order '13. weird, as it seems this '13 is head and shoulders over the other 2. the ride control makes only a slight diff even in "sport +." the '19s are a bit disappointing but will do and provide some predictability when oversteer is induced. mind u, even with ecs, u can get this pup in the woods if u're not careful - not a complaint, just an observation. cars r meant to be driven. this ain't one of them but in a pinch, it'll do. the ml is still da **** but i miss the cd burn capability of the '07 and the '13 needs playlist support.

the is-f is the answer here but if u have a pair and most lex drivers don't, your luck will eventually run out and u'll meet lots of cops. it was hard not hittin' triple figs every day with that beast.

i guess these blogs allow folks to whine - must be lonely and could use a life.

. . . that's just my 2 cents.
The following users liked this post:
Burgie (09-02-21)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 LS 460 F Sport Brakes