IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 02:35 AM
xbigboix83
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote starter

Has anyone purchased the remote started?

remote starter-forumrunner_20131022_023455.png
Old 10-22-13, 05:39 AM
sloosh
Driver

Might want to look at this instead of adding/modifying your ECU - https://www.lexusresplus.com/index.jsp
Old 10-22-13, 07:04 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sloosh
Might want to look at this instead of adding/modifying your ECU - https://www.lexusresplus.com/index.jsp
Interested but where do you get the RES+ Accessory for 2014 IS350? I didn't see that as an option when ordering the car.
Old 10-22-13, 07:42 AM
sloosh
Driver

I took it as something already included in the newer models w/ Nav. Guess not as it looks like something they've got to physically add on. Scratch my suggestion.
Old 10-22-13, 08:12 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was interested in the remote starter option when I got the car and they told me I have to give up one of the two key fobs I had for it. So instead of having two key fobs, I would have one with the remote start. The RES+ works with your IS but you have to pay a fee for it. Not sure how much but you can find out from here: https://www.lexusresplus.com/overview/engine-start.jsp
Old 10-22-13, 08:18 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sternb818
I was interested in the remote starter option when I got the car and they told me I have to give up one of the two key fobs I had for it. So instead of having two key fobs, I would have one with the remote start. The RES+ works with your IS but you have to pay a fee for it. Not sure how much but you can find out from here: https://www.lexusresplus.com/overview/engine-start.jsp
It is installed by the local dealer. I have an email out to them and they will be contacting me with the price and details. It has $65 annual subscription fee with first year being free. Just need pricing on the accessory to make this work.
Old 10-22-13, 09:18 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
It is installed by the local dealer. I have an email out to them and they will be contacting me with the price and details. It has $65 annual subscription fee with first year being free. Just need pricing on the accessory to make this work.
Just to confirm, we're talking about RES+ and not RES right?
RES+ only works on Rx Series right now, while RES works on other vehicles without the Smartphone option. Only works with a FOB, having installed the proprietary ECU.
Old 10-22-13, 05:34 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by waxy
Just to confirm, we're talking about RES+ and not RES right?
RES+ only works on Rx Series right now, while RES works on other vehicles without the Smartphone option. Only works with a FOB, having installed the proprietary ECU.
Not according to that website. If you go through the compatibility tab it shows 3IS as compatible.
Old 10-22-13, 06:36 PM
Alius
Pole Position

Woa, I'm interested in this, whoever has the final pricing for the accessory let us know!
Old 10-23-13, 05:28 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

ok, to CLAIRFY

ONLY the regular RES is currently available for the 2014 IS with NO NAVIGATION only....for some strange reason you cannot get the Lexus RES with NAVIGATION models...

RES + is NOT available at this time...

expect expanded models perhaps in 2014...
Old 10-23-13, 06:55 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
ok, to CLAIRFY

ONLY the regular RES is currently available for the 2014 IS with NO NAVIGATION only....for some strange reason you cannot get the Lexus RES with NAVIGATION models...

Lexus needs to get their act together on their websites. They have so much mis-information on there it's just pathetic!
Old 10-23-13, 10:32 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Lexus needs to get their act together on their websites. They have so much mis-information on there it's just pathetic!
What's misinformed? It's clearly stated on Sewell, also if you called Lexus pars and services, only the RES is available for the 2014 IS. The PDF instructions even say what's in the box.
If you want an alternative remote start with all the bells and whistles, look into Viper.

I made a thread about this, several people have chimed in regarding this topic.
You'll be more likely to see a white elephant on your street in the next 10 days, than RES+ on your IS.
Old 10-23-13, 02:49 PM
Alius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
ok, to CLAIRFY

That's ridiculous, makes no sense, ahhh Lexus!
Old 10-23-13, 04:01 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by waxy
What's misinformed? It's clearly stated on Sewell, also if you called Lexus pars and services, only the RES is available for the 2014 IS. The PDF instructions even say what's in the box.
If you want an alternative remote start with all the bells and whistles, look into Viper.

I made a thread about this, several people have chimed in regarding this topic.
You'll be more likely to see a white elephant on your street in the next 10 days, than RES+ on your IS.
in another thread here several people posted they bought the res + for their nav equipped car. installed it and the dealer reflashed the ECU and it works fine. so I don't know what to believe...
Old 10-23-13, 04:07 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
in another thread here several people posted they bought the res + for their nav equipped car. installed it and the dealer reflashed the ECU and it works fine. so I don't know what to believe...
If they're able to use their smart phone to utilize the controls then its RES+
If it's just the FOB then that's just the standard RES.
I may have missed it but I didn't see anyone mentioning an IS2014 with RES+ Installed.

Quick Reply: remote starter