2006 IS350 Sticky Dashboard -- Help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 10:35 PM
TheDonster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 IS350 Sticky Dashboard -- Help please

Hey guys,

A few months ago I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a beautiful 2006 Crystal White IS350.
I knew all about the "sticky dashboard problem" of several Lexus vehicles. Upon purchasing the car we had an agreement with not only the Internet Sales Manager but ALSO the Service Department Manager that they would replaced the dashboard if I brought the car back in anywhere within 15-60 days of the purchase... The car was purchased May 11th of 2013.

Long story short, in the excitement of getting such a great deal on the car I forgot to have them put in writing the replacement of the dashboard was in the deal of this purchase.
After two emails and a few calls I have yet to receive an email or call back.

The dealer is Lexus of Kendall in Miami which is an hour and thirty minutes from where I live (West Palm Beach.)
Anyway, what would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Any suggestions?

Other than this the car has been a blast so far. I'll post pictures of the car if requested
Thanks in advance guys, I'm proud to be a member of such a great forum!
Old 06-30-13, 06:13 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonster
Hey guys,

A few months ago I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a beautiful 2006 Crystal White IS350.
I knew all about the "sticky dashboard problem" of several Lexus vehicles. Upon purchasing the car we had an agreement with not only the Internet Sales Manager but ALSO the Service Department Manager that they would replaced the dashboard if I brought the car back in anywhere within 15-60 days of the purchase... The car was purchased May 11th of 2013.

Long story short, in the excitement of getting such a great deal on the car I forgot to have them put in writing the replacement of the dashboard was in the deal of this purchase.
After two emails and a few calls I have yet to receive an email or call back.

The dealer is Lexus of Kendall in Miami which is an hour and thirty minutes from where I live (West Palm Beach.)
Anyway, what would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Any suggestions?

Other than this the car has been a blast so far. I'll post pictures of the car if requested
Thanks in advance guys, I'm proud to be a member of such a great forum!
Hi, congrats on the purchase of your car. I think you may be screwed because you have no proof. You way want to contact the general manager of the dealership to see if you can get anywhere. I have already contacted a law firm to see if they want to take the case. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 06-30-13, 07:47 AM
TheDonster
Rookie

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot
Hi, congrats on the purchase of your car. I think you may be screwed because you have no proof. You way want to contact the general manager of the dealership to see if you can get anywhere. I have already contacted a law firm to see if they want to take the case. I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks man, I kinda thought I might be screwed haha. I'll try and get through to the General Manager on Monday and keep everyone posted. If not is there anything I can do in order to perhaps "fix" the dashboard on my own? From what I've read it doesn't really seem like it
Old 06-30-13, 08:20 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

The dash replacement isn't a small deal, it's quite the opposite. Honestly, I'd make sure the people you spoke to are there in-site on any particular day and drive there in-person to discuss the deal with them. HOPEFULLY, they will own up to the verbal agreement and take care of you. But like was previously said, since nothing was put in writing it'll be their word vs yours.

GL!
Old 07-02-13, 02:53 PM
TheDonster
Rookie

Hey guys, just a little update. I finally got ahold of one of the people there (Was actually my girlfriend who got ahold of someone) tsk tsk.. I was given a number to call so hopefully that'll go well.

The number is 1800-255-3987. I was told to file a formal complaint and basically state that I'm a loyal Lexus/Toyota owner and that I come from a family with Toyota/Lexus cars. Isn't this basically what everyone else does? If that's the case and they bring up the warranty (I'm at 57k and also the fact that it's a 2006) They're most likely not going to replace it because I'm out of warranty for a 2006 correct?

Well if that's how it works out, would you agree the dealer themselves should replace the dashboard or be open to some other sort of compensation? If they actually keep their verbal agreement that is.

Thanks for the help guys, looking for more advice!
Old 07-02-13, 10:34 PM
my1s250
Lead Lap

no not really did you buy it certified pre own then there a 3 year 100k mile from the day you bought it.
Old 07-03-13, 12:16 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonster
Hey guys, just a little update. I finally got ahold of one of the people there (Was actually my girlfriend who got ahold of someone) tsk tsk.. I was given a number to call so hopefully that'll go well.

The number is 1800-255-3987. I was told to file a formal complaint and basically state that I'm a loyal Lexus/Toyota owner and that I come from a family with Toyota/Lexus cars. Isn't this basically what everyone else does? If that's the case and they bring up the warranty (I'm at 57k and also the fact that it's a 2006) They're most likely not going to replace it because I'm out of warranty for a 2006 correct?

Well if that's how it works out, would you agree the dealer themselves should replace the dashboard or be open to some other sort of compensation? If they actually keep their verbal agreement that is.

Thanks for the help guys, looking for more advice!
I think that will get the Lexus corporate to cover parts, but not labor. Most people here got this help from Lexus without any kind of agreement from the dealer. Since you didn't have anything in writing, it all depends on the dealer (maybe some Lexus dealers are not as bad as other brands, but it's pretty common for dealers to say they don't remember the conversation). You could try to get the dealer to cover labor too, which is pretty expensive from what I heard.
Old 07-06-13, 08:27 PM
TheDonster
Rookie

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I think that will get the Lexus corporate to cover parts, but not labor. Most people here got this help from Lexus without any kind of agreement from the dealer. Since you didn't have anything in writing, it all depends on the dealer (maybe some Lexus dealers are not as bad as other brands, but it's pretty common for dealers to say they don't remember the conversation). You could try to get the dealer to cover labor too, which is pretty expensive from what I heard.
Yeah that seems to be the case here, although I rather not pay for anything considering the agreement we made, I'll see if they will as a dealer replace the dashboard without me paying for the labor. If not, maybe I can work something out with them.

Atleast my dashboard isn't that bad