SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Help!!!hit a curb now clicking nosies

Old 05-25-13, 10:07 PM
kayrohit12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!!!hit a curb now clicking nosies

Hey so about two weeks ago i hit a curb pretty hard. i was going around a round about trying to get a little side ways and well like i already said. soooo when i got home i took my wheel off to take a look on what was going on and i found that my lca was bent right after the ball joint:/.
Thinking this was the only problem, i ordered some new bushings from jeggs and went to the junk yard to get me a semi new lca.( high school kid). After i popped the bushings in and swapped out the lca, i went for test drive and didnt make it a block:/.
i got back to look what else was wrong and found the wheel was bent as well. I got a replacement that would clear my bbk and now there is a clicking noise and is almost sounds like something is loose and banging on something else. The odd part is that when i brake the noise goes away. Thinking it was something to do with my brakes i took the caliber off and the rotor and reinstalled them thinking something maybe loose. Sadly that only made the problem worse and the sound is now louder.
Any sort of impute would help.
By the way i have a 1995 Sc300 5speed
Old 05-27-13, 07:45 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Most likely bent knuckle and rotor. You may want to examine your traction bar and toe arm
Old 05-28-13, 10:20 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hows the wheel bearing. If you hit a curb, there is a multitude of things that could be damaged or completely broke. You must have hit it hard if you bent your lca...just buy a new car. Hondas are cheap and easy to maintain. These cars unfortunately are not!
Old 05-28-13, 11:03 AM
jasonxle
Driver School Candidate

If you hit a curb and managed to bent your LCA and Wheel, Most likely your RUCA is bent too, and maybe your toe arm, So your alignment will be off. Clicking sounds most likely seems to be wheel bearing for me, or it could your axle..... I don't think when you took your brakes off had anything to do with it, other than the fact that you drove your car more when there's something wrong.
Old 05-29-13, 10:46 PM
kayrohit12
Driver School Candidate

haha no hondas for me got to used to the 2j but ive been testing things and i found out that when the wheel rotates the brake pads shift causing them to hit the pins holding them in which is causing the noise.
Sooo when the wheel rotates its rotating crooked :/. does this mean hub is bent?
jansonxle i didnt think it was my brakes either but i did lots of research and it was just a try but turns out it was but due to something else being bent.
xxtoobsxx i love rear wheel drive ha would never consider honda dont hate them just love my sc haha
any suggestions? Do you guys think its a bent hub as well?
Old 05-30-13, 07:56 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Bent knuckle, hub, wheel bearing, and warped rotor. Most likely bent traction bar, and toe arm.
Old 05-30-13, 09:45 PM
kayrohit12
Driver School Candidate

ok ill take of the traction bar and toe and compare them with the driver side. thanks for the sdvise thm8d
Old 05-30-13, 10:20 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

I hope your pockets are deep and you can do it yourself...
Old 05-31-13, 07:17 AM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when the wheel/tire is in the air and you spin it does it wobble or does it spin straight? that would help you get an idea about your hub/wheel bearing condition. jack the car up by the diff and spin both sides to get an idea (ebrake off and chucks on front tires).
Old 05-31-13, 08:20 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Jack up the rear, put both sides up in the air. Remove the wheel. Turn on your car and put it in drive. Watch for rotor movement. To measure and see if your parts are bent, Use a tape measure and measure the distance from one side to the other. Keeping the tape completely flat and even. If its bent, it'll come out short because it's crushed in, or long because its expanded. Good luck
Old 06-06-13, 08:37 PM
kayrohit12
Driver School Candidate

so its been a while that the sc has been sitting. im really just saving up, my pockets are not that deep but i must say so far, this car has made me fall in love so i am determined to fix her and yes by my self ha.
if you guys know where i can score some good lower control arms and uppers that would be awesome along with good tie rods planning on swapping new stuff in. restore the 95 to its perfect self haha.
the wheel does wobble a bit when i rotate it. thats the front right, thats why i was confued

P.S. going to get a hub off a parts sc of my buddies. hub is good along with bearing so fingures crossed