LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Cigarette Lighter Dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-13, 07:23 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 408 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Cigarette Lighter Dead

Nothing else dead, but the lighter in the ashtray is. Where is the fuse? How can I access it?
Old 05-27-13, 07:40 AM
chrisv78
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lighter fuse on sc430

I just looked this up for my car ... should be in your owner's manual. The fuse is labeled CIG.
Old 05-27-13, 08:14 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

The owners manual shows FOUR possible places for the fuse. Maybe you could be so kind as to JUST TELL ME where to look?
Old 05-27-13, 08:54 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

I checked the fuse panel by the left knee area and it has one for "POWER OUTLET". That turned out to be for the center console. I then opened the hood panels and can see nothing that looks like CIG. HELP! PLEASE!
Old 05-27-13, 11:55 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
The owners manual shows FOUR possible places for the fuse. Maybe you could be so kind as to JUST TELL ME where to look?

YOU OWE ME A $50 RESEARCH FEE!

PASSENGER SIDE INSTRUMENT PANEL

Last edited by FLYCT; 05-27-13 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-27-13, 12:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

should be an easy fix.
Old 05-27-13, 12:12 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

The check is in the mail. THANK YOU!
Old 05-27-13, 05:45 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

not to bash any one but sometimes people don't wanna put in the work when in a panic state when they know they can go online and ask but the time it takes to get a reply it was probably better if they look themselves.
Old 05-27-13, 06:28 PM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes, but I know from experience too that when you look too hard for something, you just can't see it. A little helping set of eyes or experience goes a long way. Thank goodness for this forum.
Old 05-27-13, 07:53 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fhobbs
Yes, but I know from experience too that when you look too hard for something, you just can't see it. A little helping set of eyes or experience goes a long way. Thank goodness for this forum.
oh no doubt that why i said not to bash, because i have been there as well. that is what the forum is for, to help others and share experiences and learn from eachother. good job on your part...
Old 05-27-13, 09:35 PM
FLYCT

I don't mind doing the research work. It will be worth it once I receive the $50 "check in the mail" for the research fee.

JR
The following users liked this post:
TRS (11-24-21)
Old 05-28-13, 06:07 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

OK, I just fixed it. Thank you all again. I do think you all beat me up somewhat unfairly. The manual, which I admit I did not consult until spanked here, does NOT clearly say what fuse is where. And for some odd reason, instead of a central "fuse box", there are four. I NEVER would have figured this out without help here. And yeah, if someone knows what to do, isn't that the point of this board. I guess asking something like "where is the spare tire" is a big absurd. But I really don't think asking for specific hand-holding here was out of line.

P.S. I've been around here for 11 years and always add where I can for others. So it's not like I am just a one-time-poster-moocher.

Last edited by daryll40; 05-28-13 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-28-13, 08:04 AM
mikelmco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I just fixed it. Thank you all again. I do think you all beat me up somewhat unfairly. The manual, which I admit I did not consult until spanked here, does NOT clearly say what fuse is where. And for some odd reason, instead of a central "fuse box", there are four. I NEVER would have figured this out without help here. And yeah, if someone knows what to do, isn't that the point of this board. I guess asking something like "where is the spare tire" is a big absurd. But I really don't think asking for specific hand-holding here was out of line.

P.S. I've been around here for 11 years and always add where I can for others. So it's not like I am just a one-time-poster-moocher.
I have to agree here. With 4 fuse boxes i would have asked just to make sure. I think the core reason people join here is to learn about their cars. Sometimes the manual is not clear and the forum helps there also. And in reality some folks just don't want to read the manual at all. They would much rather ask on line. Part of being in forums like this.
On the other hand I was on another forum and some of the questions there were just absurd. One question was "how to get my new leather jacket worn done quick so it does not look/smell new".
Bottom line though is we all have a common interest and like to share it. It is like TV, if you don't like it turn it off and move on. Like our parents (most) would say -if you don't have anything nice to say......
Old 05-28-13, 02:48 PM
FLYCT

OK, I just fixed it. Thank you all again. I do think you all beat me up somewhat unfairly.
I hope you didn't take my postings as meant to beat you up. My $50 research fee request was intended as tongue in cheek humor. <sarcasm> It's a habit I can't seem to shake after living the first 19 years of my life as a New Yorker. </sarcasm>

Until I did a word search for "cig" under the 2009 LS460 manuals section at drivers.lexus.com, I was unaware of the locations for fuses. I learned something that day.

JR
Old 05-28-13, 04:14 PM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=FLYCT;7962346]I hope you didn't take my postings as meant to beat you up. My $50 research fee request was intended as tongue in cheek humor. <sarcasm>

I certainly read your $50 fee as joke and I am sure the op did too. There have been some other posts where it was suggested that the op take the time to look it up, instead of going to forum first, aqws if it was a waste of someone's time other than the op. I think the op here understands that and is thankfull for the help for the reasons mentioned in his, and other, replies.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Lighter Dead