Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Old 02-20-13, 05:30 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Our spy photographers have just sent us the best images yet of Hyundai's upcoming 2015 Genesis sedan.

Hyundai previewed its next-generation Genesis sedan with the HCD-14 concept at the Detroit auto show, and we can clearly see some of the show car's design cues in the production-intent sedan. The Genesis prototype spotted today was wearing the same high-tech headlights that graced the front of the HCD-14. The same can be said for the car's taillights.

The Genesis' overall shape won't change much for the next iteration of the sports sedan, but look for the car to adopt more sculpted details courtesy of Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture design language.

Although it appears that most of the HCD-14's exteriors styling will carryover to the production Genesis, the same can't be said for the car's interior. Instead, Hyundai will go with a conservative approach more in-line with competing cars from Lexus, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. That said, the 2015 Genesis could include the HCD-14's futuristic hand-gesture-controlled infotainment system. However, our spy photographers have yet to spot any Hyundai engineers waving their hands at the Genesis' radio.

The 2015 Genesis is expected to make use of both six- and eight-cylinder engines, with an eight-speed automatic handling shifting duties. Rear-wheel drive will be standard, but all-wheel drive will be on offer.

Hyundai will likely unveil the production version of the 2015 Genesis sometime next year.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-genesis-2015.html
Old 02-20-13, 07:23 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

wow, love it, esp. the long wheelbase and short front overhang.
Old 02-20-13, 07:29 AM
LexFather

I wonder who they are going to steal from this time...more of the same or some new cars to rip-off

Old 02-20-13, 07:46 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking interesting, I like it.
Old 02-20-13, 07:47 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I wonder who they are going to steal from this time...more of the same or some new cars to rip-off
and then the 2018 accord will have these tails.
Old 02-20-13, 07:50 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rkyat
and then the 2018 accord will have these tails.
hahahahhahahahah....yeah its amazing how the new Accord looks similar... both IMO are nice looking, inoffensive at the worst.

Old 02-20-13, 07:59 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

for some reason i thought of the new ford fusion underneath all that cover up lol.. it looks promising tho
Old 02-20-13, 08:12 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

interior looks a lot nicer than current one, even if it is mix and match from various other luxury makes.
Old 02-20-13, 08:39 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

btw does anyone else see a bit of 7th gen maxima in the front?
Old 02-20-13, 08:49 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

yes, Maxima was the first thing I thought of looking at the spy pics.

Renders of what it could potentially look like.

Old 02-20-13, 09:13 AM
LuiB
Driver School Candidate

those headlights o.o. Should be cool to see, even though i've yet to see many genesis in my area
Old 02-20-13, 09:16 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Almost every manufacturer, these days, "steals" something, somewhere, from somebody else. There are so many different vehicles out there (and have been so many, over the years) that's it's almost impossible to design something that is totally new and uncopied (even Chris Bangle's controversial designs weren't totally original).
Old 02-20-13, 09:24 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Almost every manufacturer, these days, "steals" something, somewhere, from somebody else. There are so many different vehicles out there (and have been so many, over the years) that's it's almost impossible to design something that is totally new and uncopied (even Chris Bangle's controversial designs weren't totally original).
Agreed but there is then blatant stealing and copying with not an ounce of originality that some of you conveniently ignore and make excuses for. If Lexus used LED lights, its a ***** fest.

Old 02-20-13, 09:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Agreed but there is then blatant stealing and copying with not an ounce of originality that some of you conveniently ignore and make excuses for. If Lexus used LED lights, its a ***** fest.
Lexus may decide to use some LED lights here and there like Audi does, but, if so, I don't think it's blatent copying.....I certainly am not pointing any fingers. LED lights, though expensive, offer several advantages, regardless of the auto-manufacturer. They last a long time, use very little electrical energy (requiring less power from the engine and alternator to keep them running), and make good DRLs because of their visibility in fog and crappy weather.
Old 02-20-13, 09:54 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I love it , BUT Mike is right . It looks like an A6 from the front , GS from the back, and BMWesque interior. Not a bad combo, but they have borrowed the styling cues. In the end I think that this only makes the car more appealing to the usual buyers. Guys like us who know cars are fewer and farther between these days. I can see people saying to themselves that the car looks great, drives well, and has a better warranty that the competitors so why not. I think they are on a roll and I think that most consumer actually appreciate the borrowing of styling cues

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread