Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Interior Design: LF-LC

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-13, 11:55 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Lexus Interior Design: LF-LC

The LF-LC is possibly the first Lexus with an emotional design both inside and out. So lately, the focus on Lexus styling has been on the exterior, most specifically the Lexus Spindle Grille design. So with all the focus on the exterior, what about the interior? What elements of the LF-LC's dramatic interior would you like to see in future Lexus products?

Last edited by flipside909; 02-11-13 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-11-13, 12:29 PM
LexFather

I like the stop/start switch on the steering wheel. I also like the flat bottomed steering wheel. I really hope Lexus offers a panamaric or glass roof option on these coupes or going forward on more vehicles. Love the stitching.

Not a fan of the big swooping door design in that color.

Old 02-11-13, 01:29 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

I like it, wish more of the styling cues were in my '13 GS fsport
Old 02-11-13, 01:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I'd like to see those pedals, 12.3" screen, typing screen (no remote touch), and those sexy lines inside the interior.

Oh and for the exterior please start offering that Opal Blue Metallic on the current models. Beats Deep Sea Mica, Black Sapphire any day
Old 02-11-13, 01:43 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

- I like the use of leather, CF and aluminum materials in creative ways. Definitely get away from wood of any sort, it’s played out. Nothing in this interior looks plastic, even if it is.

- The integral door to dash styling, the pedals, door handles and center console all appear to be design without limits and yet although form follows function, you wouldn't think so. Originality where simple parts that are easily identifiable in other cars , in this case there’s no other part in the industry that looks like it. You want to be able to see these parts and say, "This must be from a Lexus".

- The stitching in the doors, dash, center console and seats should be a design trait in all Lexus interiors The layout is out-of the-box. Very Sexy. This makes cross stitching, look so boring and non-original.
- The use of flat panel displays for functions beyond movie watching is cutting edge as well, and none of these displays are dimensioned or shaped like something you could buy at the local Best Buy and retrofit into your Honda.

- Lexus should release these design characteristics / themes/features ASAP, before Hyundai knocks them off !
Old 02-11-13, 03:02 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree with everyone about the stitching, love it. I like the use of carbon fiber and aluminum. With all the waves and curves I'm sure Lexus will tone it down for the production model but do have to say this is definitely original and not a copy cat of any other automaker out there.

Lexus should really try to bring this car into production soon to keep up and keep the competition on their toes.
Old 02-12-13, 08:28 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I like the stop/start switch on the steering wheel. I also like the flat bottomed steering wheel. I really hope Lexus offers a panamaric or glass roof option on these coupes or going forward on more vehicles. Love the stitching.

Not a fan of the big swooping door design in that color.
Yeah, there's definitely LFA influence in the LF-LC's interior. I'm definitely on board with a panoramic glass type roof in a coupe like this.

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
I like it, wish more of the styling cues were in my '13 GS fsport
You can always mod it!

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'd like to see those pedals, 12.3" screen, typing screen (no remote touch), and those sexy lines inside the interior.

Oh and for the exterior please start offering that Opal Blue Metallic on the current models. Beats Deep Sea Mica, Black Sapphire any day
Yeah definitely no more remote touch. It seems backwards, Lexus was doing great with the touch screen displays and went away with it.

I was never really a fan of Deep Sea Mica either. It's nice but it doesn't have the pop that Blue Opal has, or even any of the previous dark blue's Lexus used.

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
- I like the use of leather, CF and aluminum materials in creative ways. Definitely get away from wood of any sort, it’s played out. Nothing in this interior looks plastic, even if it is.

- The integral door to dash styling, the pedals, door handles and center console all appear to be design without limits and yet although form follows function, you wouldn't think so. Originality where simple parts that are easily identifiable in other cars , in this case there’s no other part in the industry that looks like it. You want to be able to see these parts and say, "This must be from a Lexus".

- The stitching in the doors, dash, center console and seats should be a design trait in all Lexus interiors The layout is out-of the-box. Very Sexy. This makes cross stitching, look so boring and non-original.
- The use of flat panel displays for functions beyond movie watching is cutting edge as well, and none of these displays are dimensioned or shaped like something you could buy at the local Best Buy and retrofit into your Honda.

- Lexus should release these design characteristics / themes/features ASAP, before Hyundai knocks them off !
LOL I think Hyundai favoring Lexus design features are inevitable. I definitely agree the LF-LC has many features that look unique and stand out. Lets hope Lexus will carry that bold theme of "fluid precision" instead of watering it down in future product.

Originally Posted by Trexus
I agree with everyone about the stitching, love it. I like the use of carbon fiber and aluminum. With all the waves and curves I'm sure Lexus will tone it down for the production model but do have to say this is definitely original and not a copy cat of any other automaker out there.

Lexus should really try to bring this car into production soon to keep up and keep the competition on their toes.
Yeah totally, it will take time for the competition to catch up. I commend Lexus for slowly keeping their concepts almost true to form in the production version.
Old 02-12-13, 10:32 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

As cool as all the touchscreen tech stuff looks, I personally hope there are no plans to turn everything into a touchscreen. I enjoy being able to open my windows without looking away from where I'm driving. Besides that, I personally really like the LFA inspired interior design elements on most modern Lexii.