GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

mgp caliper covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 11:03 AM
codraw
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgp caliper covers

just came upon this site while browsing some mod possibilities, has anyone heard of them or used their covers yet? the installation looks pretty straight forward.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliperCovers?v=f-3HTj2H3h8

you can customize engraving:
http://www.calipercovers.com/_e/2013...per_Covers.htm

your thoughts?
Old 08-19-12, 11:18 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My job sells these caliper covers. I also got the chance to install these on a f-150. The install took about 4mins per wheel. Its not a bad touch to the car. Some ppl dont like them because it looks like a fake bbk but to each its own.
Old 08-19-12, 01:03 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by codraw
just came upon this site while browsing some mod possibilities, has anyone heard of them or used their covers yet? the installation looks pretty straight forward.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaliperCovers?v=f-3HTj2H3h8

you can customize engraving:
http://www.calipercovers.com/_e/2013...per_Covers.htm

your thoughts?
They look ok, but for $200 bucks the factory looks good painted with the Lexus logo and you can save yourself $100. It's your car do whatever makes ya happy.
Old 08-20-12, 07:25 AM
codraw
Driver

Originally Posted by SBlexus
They look ok, but for $200 bucks the factory looks good painted with the Lexus logo and you can save yourself $100. It's your car do whatever makes ya happy.
um, i don't quite understand, it says if you customize with a logo, you need to pay extra $70 for it...how do I save $100?
Old 08-20-12, 07:29 AM
codraw
Driver

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
My job sells these caliper covers. I also got the chance to install these on a f-150. The install took about 4mins per wheel. Its not a bad touch to the car. Some ppl dont like them because it looks like a fake bbk but to each its own.
well, i think as a calliper "cover", it should be ok,....then again, not sure about the quality and durability...
Old 08-20-12, 10:44 AM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

um, i don't quite understand, it says if you customize with a logo, you need to pay extra $70 for it...how do I save $100?
What I'm saying is if you paint your stock calipers and added the Lexus logo you can do this for about $100. I think it would look better in the long run. Even though we fix our cars up for ourselves it's the haters and the I wouldn't do that type of people we have to satisfy. IMO paint the factory brakes its a cleaner look.
The following users liked this post:
mryeh17 (12-04-17)
Old 08-20-12, 02:36 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SBlexus
What I'm saying is if you paint your stock calipers and added the Lexus logo you can do this for about $100. I think it would look better in the long run. Even though we fix our cars up for ourselves it's the haters and the I wouldn't do that type of people we have to satisfy. IMO paint the factory brakes its a cleaner look.
+++1 on that, No point on that when you have a 4 piston caliper already, just paint it and put the logo on. Thats for people that dont want to spend much to get the bbk look.
Old 08-27-12, 12:57 PM
emcman
Driver School Candidate

Default Using G4 Epoxy Paint

I have used the G4 expoxy paint and decals off Ebay with good luck. However last weekend I painted the new Rivera Red F sport with G4 red and that color is really an Orange Red and does not match the car at all. The black or silver is safe and I will redo in black wuth red decals.

I does work slick but you need to have all wheels off at the same time. I opted to just do the front.
Old 08-27-12, 03:50 PM
codraw
Driver

Originally Posted by emcman
I have used the G4 expoxy paint and decals off Ebay with good luck. However last weekend I painted the new Rivera Red F sport with G4 red and that color is really an Orange Red and does not match the car at all. The black or silver is safe and I will redo in black wuth red decals.

I does work slick but you need to have all wheels off at the same time. I opted to just do the front.
pls post the pics when you're done
Old 08-28-12, 02:42 PM
emcman
Driver School Candidate

Default Caliper Paint

pls post the pics when you're done
Will do I will even take a picture of the "red" paint on it now. Seems more like the orange the baby blue Gulf GT40 race cars would be trimmed in.

I will add that the sooner you do it the better as the cleaning of the pad is a breeze before painting. The car also has a good jack center point front and back so I borrowed a second hydraulic jack and used one front and back and 4 jack stands as a back up support at each wheel.

I will say it dries hard, smoothy and glossy.
Old 08-31-12, 12:08 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

mod possibilities?

Get coilovers or air suspension to go lower.
get real BBK instead of covers.

thats my opinion at least
Old 09-10-12, 02:44 PM
emcman
Driver School Candidate

Will do I will even take a picture of the "red" paint on it now. Seems more like the orange the baby blue Gulf GT40 race cars would be trimmed in.

I will add that the sooner you do it the better as the cleaning of the pad is a breeze before painting. The car also has a good jack center point front and back so I borrowed a second hydraulic jack and used one front and back and 4 jack stands as a back up support at each wheel.

I will say it dries hard, smoothy and glossy.
Here are 4 pictures. One the old Red/ Orange G2 paint. The second showing the GS jacked up front and back. Good jack points but rear is far under car and hard to jet jack handle travel. Not a lot of good jack stand points so they were there for worse case.
Then picture with new G2 black and final added the Decals from Ebay .
Attached Thumbnails mgp caliper covers-brakes-001.jpg   mgp caliper covers-brakes-002.jpg   mgp caliper covers-brakes-005.jpg   mgp caliper covers-brakes-006.jpg  
Old 09-10-12, 05:30 PM
codraw
Driver

Here are 4 pictures. One the old Red/ Orange G2 paint. The second showing the GS jacked up front and back. Good jack points but rear is far under car and hard to jet jack handle travel. Not a lot of good jack stand points so they were there for worse case.
Then picture with new G2 black and final added the Decals from Ebay .
Great job you got there! I love the black with decal, Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-10-12, 08:44 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Here is a pic of the real BBK, 6 piston, 14 inch rotors, i am gonna have it available very soon, it takes abt a month to get but well worth it.
Attached Thumbnails mgp caliper covers-2012-08-18_17-03-09_180.jpg  
Old 09-11-12, 01:54 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ So legit. Gotta love brakes like that

Quick Reply: mgp caliper covers