LFA Model (2012)

LFA, MP4, Aventador, Veyron Drag race

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 07:15 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
Default LFA, MP4, Aventador, Veyron Drag race

Corny host with predictable results. Nice video regardless. Hopefully they keep this bunch together for more comparisons!

Old 05-16-12, 07:19 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Yeah, just was about to post.

A big ouch for the LFA.
Old 05-16-12, 08:36 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

It's a good thing they didn't put the Veyron up against the LFA.
Old 05-16-12, 08:44 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
It's a good thing they didn't put the Veyron up against the LFA.
Did they say if the race was 1-mile long or was it longer??? (sorry, I got no sound since I am in an open space office).
Old 05-16-12, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

very nice video. i agree, hope they keep these cars together for more comparisons on different aspects
Old 05-16-12, 10:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
very nice video. i agree, hope they keep these cars together for more comparisons on different aspects
Good video, host is super lame. lambo is faster than i expected though..... i agree would be nice to show the car in other forms where it has a better shot since its just overpowered
Old 05-16-12, 10:41 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A track test would be nice. I'd like to see how it stacks up against the MP4-12C. Rolla, was the pavement ideal enough for the Lexus to hit 60 in 3.4-3.6 seconds and complete the drag race? LOL
Old 05-16-12, 10:48 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
A track test would be nice. I'd like to see how it stacks up against the MP4-12C. Rolla, was the pavement ideal enough for the Lexus to hit 60 in 3.4-3.6 seconds and complete the drag race? LOL
You have eyes. You can see and clearly make your judgement as to whether it suits a RWD high horsepower car or not???

To put things into perspective, this is how MP4 would stack up against other cars this side of the Aventador. Granted the LFA vs MP4 race is probably longer.

Old 05-16-12, 10:57 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Do you think it was a fair race? Did you expect the McLaren to pull it that many lengths?
Old 05-16-12, 10:59 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Do you think it was a fair race? Did you expect the McLaren to pull it that many lengths?
Considering it is a very long race. Probably over 1 mile. Yes, I did.
Old 05-16-12, 11:01 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Considering it is a very long race. Probably over 1 mile. Yes, I did.
Finally, an answer without excuses! Hallelujah!
Old 05-16-12, 11:09 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Finally, an answer without excuses! Hallelujah!
Well, you are provoking yet another argument.

I never make excuses. I raise legitimate questions. I have this tendency in general to question everything. I am not gullible or naive enough to take everything for its face value. I always would look at things from every angle.

As far as I remember, I was the very first person (and was mocked for it) who did the research and discovered that the standard LFA (not Nurburgring) has what is considered ill-reputed tires and their level of grip on the industry recognized grip scale is considered modest at best and that they are designed for all-around drivability than all-out levels of dry grip.

Since then, many publications, expert professional race car drivers like Randy Pobst, Shareef Abdelbassett and even Lexus certified mechanics who drove the LFA said the samething basically vindicating what I said earlier. So much so, that Ferrari decided they were going to eliminate the very same S001 model tire LFA has as OEM in favor of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport because of their unsatisfactory levels of grip.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-16-12 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-16-12, 11:38 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Ok we can take this discussion there if you'd like. The truth of the matter is that the car comes with the tires it does and the performance numbers we've been seeing is what the OWNERS should expect. You put softer tires on any car and it will perform better. Not rocket science. Editors don't have the luxury of tuning every car they get their hands on to extract the best possible metrics. That's up to the factory. Lexus sticks to their beliefs and integrity and doesn't hand a car to the press that would falsely suggest what owners should expect. That would be misleading. That alone should appease the supporters of the brand.

You have consistently shot down every test as if there was a motive to demoralize and defame the brand because the car didn't live up to YOUR expectations. Any time you introduce a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" factor into the discussion, I'm sorry to say, it is an excuse.
Old 05-16-12, 11:51 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

You have consistently shot down every test as if there was a motive to demoralize and defame the brand because the car didn't live up to YOUR expectations. Any time you introduce a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" factor into the discussion, I'm sorry to say, it is an excuse.
You are completely wrong.

There are lots of places where I have praised many magazines for putting great objective, rational and logical reasoning behind how things unfold themselves on their tests.

On the flip side, again, I have not made any excuses. I have questioned many tests such as, the MotorTrend example where LFA was placed near the bottom in a pool of 11 cars many of which were not supercars inspite of being one of the best cars there.

A car that was built with the development philosophy according to the chief engineer as "the best driver oriented car possible" being placed near the bottom in a "driver's car comparison", many of whom were econo mass produced sports coupes above LFA, is highly questionable and suspicious in my mind.

Again, I am entitled to my opinions and my own views. If I have legitimate questions that I like to put out there and you don't like what I write, you by all means should feel free to ignore all of my posts. There is no obligation for you to read what I write. That is what freedom of expression is all about.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-16-12 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-16-12, 11:58 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You are completely wrong.

There are lots of places where I have praised many magazines for putting great objective, rational and logical reasoning behind how things unfold themselves on their tests.

being placed near the bottom in a "driver's car comparison", many of whom were econo sports cars above LFA, is highly questionable in my mind.
Only when it ranks number 1 or is highly praised, rolla. There have been more tests making the LFA look unfavorable than favorable. Also it is near impossible to set a rubric for subjective tests involving "the most driver oriented car", because as it suggests, subjective test vary from driver to driver.

Quick Reply: LFA, MP4, Aventador, Veyron Drag race