ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

lexus es300 amp bypass

Old 06-01-11, 11:19 PM
tgustin34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool lexus es300 amp bypass

i made a harness today for my girlfriends es300. she has a 2000.I went to the stereo shop and the guy printed me off the wiring diagram for all the speaker outputs. I wired all them properyly and spliced off the plug from the factory amp. the only wires that were left were the very top plug, which i believe is the inputs to the amp? and one plug was all speaker wires so it was no longer needed. one plug was left other than the top one with three wires in it. there was a thick blue wire,a gray wire and a brown wire. (assuming them to be: battery positive, accesory, and ground. I left them alone after i saw where the guy in the gs forum got power off of the gray wire in the factory plug for the factory head unit so i cut the little blue with the yellow stripe wire, and the little gray wire behind the plug for the factory head unit, as the guy did in the gs forum section ( will copy and paste his great pics) and i wired the yellow wire out of the kenwood to the blue one with the yellow stripe and the red accessory wire off the kenwood to the gray one. The cd player would eat and eject cds but wouldnt show the display. i know for a fact that the cd player works because the whole reason i made this harness to bypass the amp just how you guys have done is because the bs metra harness that plugs into the outputs on the back off the aftermarket deck suck. They have a horrible ground loop, BUT it did power the cd player just had a horrible whine in the speakers. i also threw it in my buddies truck and his kenwood plug matches the head unit and it fired right up and played in his truck. SO, what are my options here? Should i just connect the little blue wire with the yellow stripe and they grey wire back to each other on the factory connector that goes to the head unit and just use the metra plug to power the deck and leave my spekers hard wired bypassed? was i supposed to grab power from the brown grey and blue with yellow stripe from the plug that plugs into the amp to power the deck? if not should i plug that back into the amp or not, would that make a difference? what have i done wrong here? and what would be my most simple option to get this thing powered up and playing some music because i have been workin on it for three days and i like to think i half way know what the hell im doin so, im very frustrated its 2:09 am here in good old ohio and just finished yet another night of work and no music reward at the end. so someone, please please help me. before my gf loses her mind listenin to pandora on her phone in the car just out of the phone speakers...

Last edited by tgustin34; 06-01-11 at 11:23 PM. Reason: didnt make sense
Old 06-01-11, 11:29 PM
tgustin34
Driver School Candidate

the guy said he obtained power from that location in the picture and all i see is the red wire hooked up? im not sure if thats his red wire coming directly from his head unit or what? i would assume the yellow wire from the aftermarket deck has to be plugged into something... but his pic did not show that? idk im going to bed hopefully this was descriptive enuff that someone can point me in the right direction and i didnt sound like too much of an idiot.

night n thanks.

travvvvv
Old 06-01-11, 11:37 PM
tgustin34
Driver School Candidate

and yet one more q i have a blue wire labled power constant i know that for like the radio station memories and memory for the cd player in general and what not. what the heck should i hook it up to? i hope someone thats done this exact thing with success gets on here and hooks me up that would be great im really going to bed now tho hopefully i can get these wires out of my dreams.
Old 06-02-11, 08:31 AM
zajac
Driver

wow dude, you made this super complicated for yourself. Why not just get a plug? The red and yellow wire coming from the aftermarket unit is what powers it up the radio. The yellow is your BAT + (power wire) and the red one is your ACC which needs to go to a 12V. Best of luck!
Old 06-02-11, 09:36 AM
jskwik
Rookie

the plug will only get you so far (u still need it)....however the radio will get power through the harness (plug) ..you will not have sound until you hook up each speaker individually fr,fl,rr,rl..after that u will have sound but u wont have your sub woofer..i cut my sub wires and power the sub from the remote signal...hope this helps hard to explain trough the computer..
Old 06-02-11, 11:24 AM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

to make it simple, just get a wiring harness. either you can run the speaker leads to the new HU, or run it to the new amp. cut and forget about the original wires. they are signal wires anyway. not speaker.
Old 06-02-11, 09:34 PM
tgustin34
Driver School Candidate

im well aware of the yellow wire being positive and red accesory black ground i know all that ive put in a million stereos but only bypassed a few amps. i made a harness, that connects the speaker wires coming right out of the kenwood all the way down to where the amp plugs are with the speaker plugs. thats all done already i got the schematics from the stereo shop and that was easy. i got a big bolt for solid ground and ran it straight to the kenwood sixteen pin harness. i hooked up the red wire to the grey accesory wire located in the factory radio harness as shown in this picture (someone elses work off here).

should i cut the blue and yellow power wire from the amp plug and run that straight to the yellow? because the blue and yellow wire next to the gray accessory wire that is spliced into in this picture (on th right squint u can see it) on the harness that plugs into the factory deck didnt work. the cd player ate and ejected cds but did not come all the way on.

i then connected the gray and blue wires back to the stock harness for the stock radio. i used the metra amp bypass harness with the plugs for the rca jacks on the back that gave a bad ground loop. i plugged that into the factory plug and just wired the power and accesory and power constant color match to that and cut the rca plugs off completely an used the harness i made wired directly to the speakers from the fr,fl,rr,rl wires coming out of the kenwood. i figured this would sure fire work but still only eats and ejects cds still.

?????

Last edited by tgustin34; 06-02-11 at 10:04 PM. Reason: forgot pic
Old 06-02-11, 09:35 PM
tgustin34
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jskwik
the plug will only get you so far (u still need it)....however the radio will get power through the harness (plug) ..you will not have sound until you hook up each speaker individually fr,fl,rr,rl..after that u will have sound but u wont have your sub woofer..i cut my sub wires and power the sub from the remote signal...hope this helps hard to explain trough the computer..
i did exactly that to the t
Old 06-02-11, 09:49 PM
tgustin34
Driver School Candidate

i did this^^^ minus the fancy plug and play harness. i clipped each individual speaker wire and ran them directly to the deck making a harness like this one

but like i said minus the fancy plug and play harness, i just wired positive and negative wires accordingly for each four speakers, the sub is blown and i just cut the green wires i will replace the sub with a ten and run a remote line off the deck with a small amp for it, if i can ever get the damn deck to work. i wish i had taken pics of my work but just imagine that same harness wired directly to the speaker wires after they were cut out of the plug instead of what he has which is what i wanted but couldnt find.

the metra harness with the bs rca plugs at least powered the deck before but now it only eats and ejects cds, with the color match power wires yellow and red wired right up and a good solid ground right to the head unit. im stumped. i will take pics and post tomorow after dentist apointment, im determined to have this done by the weekend.

Last edited by tgustin34; 06-02-11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-10-12, 12:03 PM
miket2482
Driver School Candidate

i have a 2000 es300 and im installing a 2din tv because the amp is **** and i just needed a reason to do this, so now i need to bypass it, can someone pls explain this to me as easily as possible lol i know what im doing as far as radios but never bypassed a factory amp b4, note* this is the premium nak w cd changer