GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Predator

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-11, 07:14 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Predator

Everytime I see the 4GS grill, I think of the Predator from the movies. It's gotta look similar to someone other than me.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-18-11 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-18-11, 07:57 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

haha a good obseravation.
Old 09-18-11, 09:08 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, useless thread is useless. Though I kinda agree, you gotta ask what does Audi's grille look like then?
Old 09-18-11, 11:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

oh come on, it's not that bad....
Old 09-19-11, 04:59 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Its nice i like it
Old 09-19-11, 05:54 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
oh come on, it's not that bad....
C'mon Henry, I'm usually so serious and I'm just having some fun.

I am really trying to like the 4GS. Seize's wheel chops helped a lot. The promise of better handling helps but not much since we change the handling dynamics with our modding.
I thought I was getting to liking it but I keep looking at that grill. I kept thinking it looked like an animal with a wide mouth. Then it hit me I was comparing it to the Predator. Now I can't look at it without thinking of the Predator. I'm hoping this will purge the thought by talking about it.

Initially, I hated the 3GS...compared the front to that dog with droopy eyes on the side of the face (don't know the specific breed name). But after my wife begged me for one and I got a chance to see it everyday, I changed and got one for myself. I'm hoping I'll change again but this time, the comparion is stronger. All I see is that grill.
The Predator. Maybe that's a good thing cause it does stand out. Problem is he is so ugly.
Old 09-19-11, 08:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
C'mon Henry, I'm usually so serious and I'm just having some fun.

I am really trying to like the 4GS. Seize's wheel chops helped a lot. The promise of better handling helps but not much since we change the handling dynamics with our modding.
I thought I was getting to liking it but I keep looking at that grill. I kept thinking it looked like an animal with a wide mouth. Then it hit me I was comparing it to the Predator. Now I can't look at it without thinking of the Predator. I'm hoping this will purge the thought by talking about it.

Initially, I hated the 3GS...compared the front to that dog with droopy eyes on the side of the face (don't know the specific breed name). But after my wife begged me for one and I got a chance to see it everyday, I changed and got one for myself. I'm hoping I'll change again but this time, the comparion is stronger. All I see is that grill.
The Predator. Maybe that's a good thing cause it does stand out. Problem is he is so ugly.
hahaha don't get me wrong reggie, if it's really that bad someone would have posted that about 2 weeks ahead of you but i do get your point though

i think it's just a design decision. you go either way and you will have people liking it and disliking it (before anyone start it again, this happens to ALL brands, not just lexus). i can see how lexus wants to be aggressive and thus the front end, it's a design language and i am ok with it (doesn't mean i like it). but i just wish they did the same to the whole car including sides and rear. as of now it seems like it's front heavy in terms of aggressiveness and to me that's a bit out of balance
Old 09-19-11, 11:13 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha don't get me wrong reggie, if it's really that bad someone would have posted that about 2 weeks ahead of you but i do get your point though

i think it's just a design decision. you go either way and you will have people liking it and disliking it (before anyone start it again, this happens to ALL brands, not just lexus). i can see how lexus wants to be aggressive and thus the front end, it's a design language and i am ok with it (doesn't mean i like it). but i just wish they did the same to the whole car including sides and rear. as of now it seems like it's front heavy in terms of aggressiveness and to me that's a bit out of balance
I'm okay with it too. I guess we don't have any choice but to be okay with it or not. It really is more important if my wife likes it cause I'm done with buying sedans for myself. So far she doesn't like it. She thinks the 3GS is the best looking Lexus there is. I'm not doing anything to discourage that. Let her keep this car til the end of time.
Old 09-19-11, 11:26 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the chrome fangs only make the comparison more apt in this case. Aside from the predator grill though there is still some 1GS in the 4GS design, take the fenders for example:

Predator-salie.jpg
Predator-i4g0j.jpg

And the roof line + hood lines and even the general shape of the headlight:

Predator-nhbgu.jpg
Predator-bdna2.jpg
Old 09-19-11, 04:18 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

I love the fact the GS has evolved and always pays homage to its past, like German cars.
Old 09-19-11, 08:24 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hahahaha....dude, soooo true. It's like when I see the GTR, the one thing that comes to mind is Nemesis from Resident Evil:

Old 09-20-11, 08:58 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

When I first saw it, I thought the predator mated with an Audi. Lol. Then the bottom juts out like the new Mercedes.
Old 02-16-12, 06:09 PM
IIKings920
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Corporate Front End: Design Fail

I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Not digging the new mouth.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-16-12, 07:13 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

This has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read. LOL!!!
Old 02-16-12, 07:21 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol same here not liking it.

Quick Reply: Predator