Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

iPhone 4S siri with lexus stock bluetooth

Old 10-16-11, 05:54 PM
jkang5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 4S siri with lexus stock bluetooth

Anyone figure out a decent way to turn on Siri without physically holding the home button on the iphone? When you use a bluetooth headset, you can hold the pickup/end call button on the headset to activate Siri. Doing this on a lexus obviously just brings up the phone menu and dial pad on the car's nav screen.
Old 10-17-11, 06:06 PM
sstober
Driver School Candidate

Default Siri & Lexus Bluetooth

I've found that you have to press the home button to turn siri on; no other way of doing it. However, I have a real issue with dialing. I can bring someone's name up successfully with siri, but when she says she's dialing, the bluetooth hangs up. So, I can't make a call using siri. I can ask siri questions and she'll answer them through the audio system, but I can't make a call. Any suggestions?
Old 10-18-11, 10:25 PM
jkang5
Driver School Candidate

That's odd. I'm able to make calls through Siri just fine while connected through bluetooth
Old 10-29-11, 05:14 AM
Deckert
Driver School Candidate

Default 2010 RX350 not working with 4s

I have a Lexus 2010 RX350 and it connects via Bluetooth but when I try and dial out or receive a call my 4s won't put the audio thru the car - it only puts it thru the 4s. Normally, I would just tap the 4s speaker in the dial window and select the Lexus or speaker or headset. The only option available is the speaker. Siri works to dial - but the phone disconnects as soon as it starts to dial.

The Lexus works fine with the iPhone 4 but not the 4s.

Has anyone called Lexus?
Old 11-12-11, 07:57 PM
Topchik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkang5
Anyone figure out a decent way to turn on Siri without physically holding the home button on the iphone? When you use a bluetooth headset, you can hold the pickup/end call button on the headset to activate Siri. Doing this on a lexus obviously just brings up the phone menu and dial pad on the car's nav screen.
Just go the 4s a few days ago and I am having the same problem!
Old 11-12-11, 07:58 PM
Topchik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sstober
I've found that you have to press the home button to turn siri on; no other way of doing it. However, I have a real issue with dialing. I can bring someone's name up successfully with siri, but when she says she's dialing, the bluetooth hangs up. So, I can't make a call using siri. I can ask siri questions and she'll answer them through the audio system, but I can't make a call. Any suggestions?
I just got the 4s a few days ago and am having the same problem.
Old 11-12-11, 08:00 PM
Topchik
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Deckert
I have a Lexus 2010 RX350 and it connects via Bluetooth but when I try and dial out or receive a call my 4s won't put the audio thru the car - it only puts it thru the 4s. Normally, I would just tap the 4s speaker in the dial window and select the Lexus or speaker or headset. The only option available is the speaker. Siri works to dial - but the phone disconnects as soon as it starts to dial.

The Lexus works fine with the iPhone 4 but not the 4s.

Has anyone called Lexus?
Plan on calling Lexus and Apple, but get the feeling already that this is one of those things where each company is going to tell me there is an issue with the other company's product.
Old 11-25-11, 10:01 PM
EnderW831
Driver School Candidate

I'm having the same problem. I can say to Siri "call my wife", but it attempts to place the call and then immediately hangs up.

2011 ES350 w/ Nav
Old 11-26-11, 10:23 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

I just picked up an iPhone 4s a couple days ago. So the phone just can't be used period with the Lexus's bluetooth system ? (I have an 08 IS 350). Or just Siri?
Old 11-27-11, 08:03 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i take this is another question that siri cant answer...lol (get out of the orchard) my android w "Iris" works great!!
Old 11-27-11, 08:47 AM
Ty419
Lead Lap

Might only be certain cars. Mine works fine. It disconnects the "call" from bluetooth when Siri closes, but immediately reconnects when the phone starts calling. It is disconnected for maybe a second.
Old 11-28-11, 06:37 AM
paulmorris
Driver School Candidate

Default Siri dialing

I am having the same issue. When I tell Siri "Call *contact", the call starts but the call disconnects immediately. When I bring up a contact and tap their number, the call works.
Old 06-27-13, 09:17 AM
leclaeli
Driver School Candidate

Default 2010 RMX 350 iPhone 5 Siri

Same problem here on 2010 RMX 350 with iPhone 5. Also, should I sync my contacts with the car.
Old 07-01-13, 08:25 AM
Topchik
Driver School Candidate

Downloading your contacts will work around your issue, but not "solve" it. The problem for me has been that I have too many contacts and numbers to download, so that work around doesnt help me in many instances. Why they have not resolved the pairing issue to work better with the IOS devices and siri/voice commanding is beyond me.