HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

HS is the best selling Lexus in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-11, 10:57 AM
LexFather

Post HS is the best selling Lexus in Japan

While it wasn't a hit here it was in Japan, the HS is by far the best selling Lexus. It starts around 3.95 million yen.

Older article on it
http://www.dailytech.com/Lexus+HS+25...ticle15940.htm

Lexus sold nearly 2,000 more HSs in Japan than here in 2009.
Old 04-09-11, 11:32 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

wonder what the recent numbers are. If sales are still strong for the HS, I wonder why the difference in taste.
Old 04-10-11, 09:07 AM
JayGoldste
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
While it wasn't a hit here it was in Japan, the HS is by far the best selling Lexus. It starts around 3.95 million yen.
The English language brochure for the HS250h at the Lexus Japan website is nicely done. The link is: http://lexus.jp/international/models/hs/index.html. Click on "Go to Product Brochure."

I thought there might be a variety of accessories for the HS250h in Japan, but I didn't see any in the brochure.
Old 04-10-11, 09:15 AM
nine3es
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ugly *** window in front of the door didnt work on pontiac minivans, didnt work on honda civics or toyota prius and surely does not do the lexus brand any justice either.

why move the door mirrors down and back to put a window in the a pillar, it just does not make any sense and looks like a total afterthought imo.
Old 04-10-11, 10:07 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

I think it is the look that is main problem - they should have copied the Avensis... this way, proportions look pretty wrong for luxury vehicle... unlike Opels/Buicks, Audi's and even Avensis.
Old 04-10-11, 10:35 AM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Japanese are very practical people and are highly subject to current trends that occupy their homeland. You can see this everywhere, hats, dress, hair, foods, etc..

I think the HS offers a logical choice than a Lexus ES or IS. Being smaller is important because of the limited and smaller parking stalls, roads there. Gasoline prices also would play a very important role in their buying decision. More mpg and using regular gas vice the ES or IS would be logical.

What I would like to know is if the introduction of the new CT make this car the new Lexus sales leader there? Being smaller, more fuel efficient and cheaper, would be compelling reasons for them to buy. I don't think the older crowd there be swayed by this because the HS has ample room and a better rear seat design (raised seating in the rear makes it easier to get in and out of the car). The younger crowd may go gaga though.
Old 04-10-11, 03:55 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nine3es
the ugly *** window in front of the door didnt work on pontiac minivans, didnt work on honda civics or toyota prius and surely does not do the lexus brand any justice either.

why move the door mirrors down and back to put a window in the a pillar, it just does not make any sense and looks like a total afterthought imo.
Not a new concept to lexus. The original RX300 had windows up there as does the now 3rd generation RX. I wouldnt be surprised if the new GS/IS/LS had one too. Im not sure I find it very useful, but its nice to have an extra area to look through the thick pillars
Old 04-17-11, 07:35 AM
steilkurve
Rookie

Originally Posted by JayGoldste
The English language brochure for the HS250h at the Lexus Japan website is nicely done. The link is: http://lexus.jp/international/models/hs/index.html. Click on "Go to Product Brochure."

I thought there might be a variety of accessories for the HS250h in Japan, but I didn't see any in the brochure.
Nice brochure indeed. Anybody noticed the energy monitor seems to have features not available here. Harmonious driving it's called. Any idea what that is?

I personally love my HS. My biggest gripe is how Lexus Canada always limits the options available up here. For instance, no way to buy an HS with the radar cruise control, heads up display, front camera or parking sensors. This car is not about the sexiest lines but rather the technology. They should make these available here.
Old 04-18-11, 08:52 AM
JayGoldste
Driver

Originally Posted by steilkurve
I personally love my HS. My biggest gripe is how Lexus Canada always limits the options available up here. For instance, no way to buy an HS with the radar cruise control, heads up display, front camera or parking sensors. This car is not about the sexiest lines but rather the technology. They should make these available here.
I was thinking about things like a hood deflector, rear bumper protector, trunk liner, etc. None of these are available from Lexus in Canada.

I've purchased WeatherTech's trunk liner. Lexus dealers in the US sell a vinyl bumper protector, so the next time I'm in the States, I'll see if I can pick one up.
Old 06-14-11, 09:46 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Originally Posted by JayGoldste
I was thinking about things like a hood deflector, rear bumper protector, trunk liner, etc. None of these are available from Lexus in Canada.

I've purchased WeatherTech's trunk liner. Lexus dealers in the US sell a vinyl bumper protector, so the next time I'm in the States, I'll see if I can pick one up.
That is too bad. I think the HUD is one of the best features of the car. I never did understand why car manufacturers changed their features and colors for Canada vs the US. Kia does the same thing. Canada gets more features from Kia on their Optimas than the US does.

Question - does that WeatherTech liner help with road noise?
Old 06-15-11, 09:07 AM
JayGoldste
Driver

Originally Posted by RJQMAN
Question - does that WeatherTech liner help with road noise?
Not that I can tell. The liner does a very good job of protecting the trunk carpet, which is the reason I bought it.