IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Oil Required Maintenance light reset

Old 05-11-11, 03:00 PM
osofine149
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Required Maintenance light reset

My dealer told me to come there and pay them $29.95 to reset the warning light that came on my IS-F. Don't need an oil change and they refused to walk me thru the steps over the phone. I bought 3 Lexus's from them and they still didn't care. Then I was told to look it up in the manual under "self help". So much for great customer service. That may change real soon when I'm up for another vehicle. Anyone with a simple solution?
Old 05-11-11, 03:54 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osofine149
My dealer told me to come there and pay them $29.95 to reset the warning light that came on my IS-F. Don't need an oil change and they refused to walk me thru the steps over the phone. I bought 3 Lexus's from them and they still didn't care. Then I was told to look it up in the manual under "self help". So much for great customer service. That may change real soon when I'm up for another vehicle. Anyone with a simple solution?
I just did it the other day for the first time.

Car on, set the odometer button to display your actual mileage, not trip miles.

Shut off the car.

Foot off the brake, press and hold the odometer button and press the engine start button twice. Keep holding the odometer button. You will see a unique set of lines in the cluster like its counting down. You'll know its done and you can let go of the button. Press engine start again to shut off.

Start car normally.

Next time use the search feature like I had to.

~Dv8
Old 05-11-11, 09:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Search function is your friend.

2IS FAQ:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tart-here.html

What is the MAINT REQ'D light and how do you reset it?
Old 05-11-11, 11:29 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously, RTFM--Read The Fine Manual.

Originally Posted by osofine149
Old 05-12-11, 10:46 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reset+oil+maintenance+light+isf
Old 05-12-11, 11:32 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Seriously, RTFM--Read The Fine Manual.
AND find a new dealer Your's is crap

Lou
Old 05-12-11, 06:02 PM
osofine149
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate all your help. Tried the search, but must have not done it right.
Old 05-12-11, 06:14 PM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

first time i've heard a lexus dealer charging to reset maintenance light....ghey....the lexus i work at, we have our valets do it for the customer (if that is all they are in for) and then be on their way.
Old 06-16-11, 08:50 AM
NERD42
Driver

I work for a dealer and this is what is says. (i just copy and paste it here)

Oil Change Reset Procedure

Switch the display to the odometer when the engine is running.
Turn the "ENGINE START STOP" switch OFF.
While pressing the trip meter reset button, set the "ENGINE START STOP" switch to the IGNITION ON mode (but do not start the engine because otherwise the reset mode will be cancelled). Continue to press and hold the button until the trip meter displays "000000".

There you go.
Old 06-16-11, 07:16 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go see the General Manager. Tell this person that if you get treated this way again, you'll find another dealership. Also mention your call and email to

Lexus USA HQ (Torrance CA) 800-255-3987
http://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/ask
Old 06-17-11, 08:50 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO.....If the dealer did not do your oil change, why should they provide this service for free?

They offered you two solutions - come in and we will process a work order (because they have too) and then have a technician do it for you. - which takes time and money (regardless of your opinion on how a dealership operates)...........or.....open the owners manual and do this yourself for free.

Does this really merit a complaint to the dealership General Manager?

Great customer service is still to be had at your dealer, but complaining about a simple oil light reset is probably a little over the top.

You have owned 3 other Lexus for a reason, if the oil light reset will turn you off of the brand...wait till you see what the other auto manufacturers...... offer out there in the real automotive repair world.
The following users liked this post:
Scott610 (01-14-21)
Old 06-17-11, 01:09 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
IMO.....If the dealer did not do your oil change, why should they provide this service for free?

They offered you two solutions - come in and we will process a work order (because they have too) and then have a technician do it for you. - which takes time and money (regardless of your opinion on how a dealership operates)...........or.....open the owners manual and do this yourself for free.

Does this really merit a complaint to the dealership General Manager?

Great customer service is still to be had at your dealer, but complaining about a simple oil light reset is probably a little over the top.

You have owned 3 other Lexus for a reason, if the oil light reset will turn you off of the brand...wait till you see what the other auto manufacturers...... offer out there in the real automotive repair world.
It's not about the oil light, it's about not giving information which is EASY to give over the phone (and the same for most lexus anyways)

File a complaint, those greedy bastards deserve a pineapple up their asses
Old 06-17-11, 01:33 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Its about loyalty. I'm sure if the OP had his oil changed at the dealer, they would not hesitate provide help after the fact for free.

You also have to assume a service advisor even knows how to do this or has this information at his finger tips to provide it.
Old 06-17-11, 01:43 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
I could not agree more, it is WAY worse one the other side. Having owned Volkswagen, Toyota, Honda, Jeep, Porsche, Mazda and now Lexus, Lexus is by far the best manufacturer I have dealt with when it comes to customer service.
Old 06-18-11, 11:18 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

I'm not trying to be funny or anything... But are the steps in the Owners Manual for the IS-F.. ??

They are for my 2007 CRV....

The Honda reset steps are ridiculous compared to the Lexus..

Joe Z

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Required Maintenance light reset