LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What do you think of Cypress Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-11, 04:47 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What do you think of Cypress Pearl?

I'm thinking about purchasing a (rare?) Cypress Pearl (greenish) LS430 with an ecru interior.
What do you think about the color?
I can't say I've seen another in this color. I want to be able to sell the car in about 2 years. I don't want the color to make people not want to purchase the car.

Do you like it or not?

Last edited by miniz; 03-14-11 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-14-11, 05:05 PM
2004TOYO
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE it. That was my 1st choice (then Moonlight pearl & silver, I got the moonlight Pearl). As far as resell, theres alot of variables that come into play. I dont see alot of them but thats why I LOVE the color. How much are they asking?
The following users liked this post:
LS462523 (11-04-23)
Old 03-14-11, 05:12 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Color is a very subjective question. All depends on personal taste. I personally am not a fan of the color. My top choices were silver, flint mica, blue, or black.
Old 03-14-11, 05:13 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I like it.
Old 03-14-11, 05:55 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I like it, especially with the ecru interior. My wife doesn't care for the color, so it wasn't high on my list when I was shopping.

Traditionally, green cars are a tougher sell and it seemed to me that Cypress Pearl LS430s sat on dealer lots longer. I've heard the silver/gray - green color called "old man green" or "Buick green".

BTW, cypress appears to be a fairly rare color, like briarwood pearl and black cherry pearl.
Old 03-14-11, 07:25 PM
newday95
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love itttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 03-14-11, 07:35 PM
new2lexus2
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When my wife and I were shopping LS430's in January, we came out of church one Sunday morning and there was a GS300 right next to us in that color...we both liked it.

Looked online and lo-and-behold a dealer in downtown where I worked had a 2004 LS430 in that color listed. Went to look at and drive it that Monday at lunch and drove it home. Wife and I both very happy. We wanted the larger trunk for road trips (the UL trunks were smaller) and it had just had its timing belt change service at Lexus dealership.

Colors are subjective, but we have owned so many white, silver, and goldish colored cars that were ready for something different.

I will add that this one was on their lot (a Jaguar dealer) for over 8 months, but they were asking retail for it. I got lucky and showed up before the price drop to near trade-in value was posted. Extra happy!

Last edited by new2lexus2; 03-14-11 at 07:41 PM. Reason: fix numerous typos and add a detail
Old 03-14-11, 07:44 PM
aqbill
Rookie

Default Like It Lots

As the one-time owner of a green Toyota Avalon and a green Audi A6 I can tell you that the color will - maybe - knock something off of the value but it's trivial compared to lots of other things like condition, mileage and regular maintenance.
Old 03-14-11, 07:57 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Love that color and would loved to have found one when I was looking.

The brown, black cherry, and cypress colors are relatively rare on LS430s. Most folks prefer the more popular traditional colors.

In terms of used cars I personally buy based on condition and mileage and not color - although I did not want black under any condition, as its too hot here in Dallas for a black car. Any other color in a mint condition used car would have been fine.

The one in the pics looks to be a sports edition which would make it even more rare. If you like it and want sports edition you better ****** it before its gone.
Old 03-15-11, 12:07 AM
GangstaLS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant go wrong with black on black
Old 03-15-11, 05:02 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
... The one in the pics looks to be a sports edition which would make it even more rare. If you like it and want sports edition you better ****** it before its gone.
Good catch - but very strange. It looks like the sports edition fender badge and 5-spoke 18" alloy wheels - which would imply a Premium or ML trim level, but the car has headlamp washers (and I believe laser cruise opening in the lower grille) - which would imply a CL or UL trim level.

Is this the car?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

If so, it appears that it is a ML sports edition with the wrong bumper cover. It does not appear to have laser cruise in these pics and looks to be missing the headlamp washer switch on the center stack. I would approach with great caution.

Last edited by caddyowner; 03-15-11 at 05:19 AM.
Old 03-15-11, 06:16 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Good catch - but very strange. It looks like the sports edition fender badge and 5-spoke 18" alloy wheels - which would imply a Premium or ML trim level, but the car has headlamp washers (and I believe laser cruise opening in the lower grille) - which would imply a CL or UL trim level.

Is this the car?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

If so, it appears that it is a ML sports edition with the wrong bumper cover. It does not appear to have laser cruise in these pics and looks to be missing the headlamp washer switch on the center stack. I would approach with great caution.

Caddy - maybe an even better catch on your part. Definitely agree, proceed with caution. Unfortunately based on the number of liars/thieves/con artists selling used cars, buying a used car can sometimes be fraught with adventure of the wrong kind.
Old 03-15-11, 07:23 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I like it! looks really good with a nice wax and sun beamming down on it. Also a very hard color to find like Briarwood Pearl, you will be one or few on the road with that color.
Old 03-15-11, 07:40 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

BTW, the car in the ad I posted has a cashmere interior rather than ecru. (Carpets are not darker than the seats.) So if that is the car miniz is looking at, it is definitely not a CL.
Old 03-15-11, 10:09 AM
2004TOYO
Pole Position

VERY good eye caddy, looks like the car may be a fraud.

Quick Reply: What do you think of Cypress Pearl?