IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Linking Homelink to building gate???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-11, 09:21 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
i opened up the cover to the motor today. its a real POS chainlink pulley machine with a raggity plastic cover on top no bigger than the size of a bowling ball case. there was definitely no "learn" button or anything of the such.
Again -- look at the clicker. What brand and model?
Old 03-12-11, 07:49 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
Again -- look at the clicker. What brand and model?
I suppose you could look for a manufacturer name and model number on the motor housing. If the manufacturer isn't out of business, it should be relatively easy to find out if the original receiver in the opener was HomeLink compatible.

And it is possible that the receiver in the opener is not even the original one so you might try to see if the receiver looks integrated or is an add-on. It is possible to piggyback a HomeLink receiver on to the original receiver so that HomeLink would also work but I would think your building management would not allow that. Here is one of several add-on HomeLink receivers I found by doing a "google": http://www.johnsoncontrols.co.uk/pub...mpfaenger.html

I can certainly see why a gated community or building would not allow HomeLink. Imagine all the work that would be required every time somebody got a new car and wanted to program their built-in HomeLink transmitters. Even worse, outsiders could sneak in and quickly program their portable HomeLink transmitters so they could get in anytime they wanted. And it is easy to inadvertently erase all programmed HomeLink compatible transmitters from a HomeLink receiver's memory.

Also keep in mind that HomeLink receivers have a limit on how many transmitters can be programmed. The manuals for our HomeLink compatible opener manuals do not state a limit and only say that "several" transmitters can be programmed. Some HomeLink opener manuals state that the transmitter limit is seven and that attempting to program an eighth transmitter drops one transmitter from the receiver's memory.
Old 03-12-11, 08:00 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i googled the ID number on the back of the clicker...this came up

Chamberlain Sentex CLIKcard-1K Compatible Monarch 295SEPC1K Gate
Old 03-12-11, 08:04 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kansas
It is possible to piggyback a HomeLink receiver on to the original receiver so that HomeLink would also work but I would think your building management would not allow that. Here is one of several add-on HomeLink receivers I found by doing a "google": http://www.johnsoncontrols.co.uk/pub...mpfaenger.html
guys, guys...as mentioned before, my bldg mgmt does not speak english.

i dont speak spanish well enough to ask these questions. im not going to go there. f*n miami. as a matter of fact, im picking up a spanish english dictionary in 10 minutes to go attempt to pick up my florida license plate. they dont speak a . word . of english.
Old 03-12-11, 07:23 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep trying, I remember it took me quite a while but once I made it work, it's nice to have the gate on one button and my garage door on the other button so I can leave those silly remotes at home (only to be stolen from your car).
Old 03-12-11, 07:30 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To get my gf's apartment gate to work with the Homelink in my IS, i had to delete all the stored ones in the car. Then i reprogrammed it and it worked. Also are you programming it with enough distance from the gate so the gate isn't actually receiving the signal? That can cause it to not work too. My gf's apartment has an old click button system too, so yours should work in the IS.