ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Need A New Key

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-09, 06:29 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Arrow Need A New Key

When I purchased My ES300 (2002)

It came with:

1 Key w/ Remote Buttons (Trunk,Lock,etc)

1 Key (Just a Standard Key)

and 1 Valet Key

I need another Key with the remote. How do I go about doing this? Is it hard to program it to the car, or will I have to go to the dealer? Please Help, THanks.
Old 03-15-09, 12:04 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can find them on ebay non programmed and non cut for a reasonable price, then you can have them cut/programmed by your local lexus dealer...
its still going to cost you, but youll save a good deal of money on the key/fob itself
Old 03-15-09, 05:52 PM
tomstep2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new uncut Lexus remote key on ebay for about 30 bucks or so. I then found a locksmith in the area that could cut Lexus keys. They did it for 15 bucks I think. I tried to program the key myself but just couldn't do it myself. I took the car (my RX300) to Lexus and asked someone in the shop if they knew how to program. They did it in like 30 seconds and then charged me 1/2 an hour for labor. At that time it was 40 bucks. All together it cost me less than a hundred bucks, much cheaper than a new key from Lexus. Most Lexus dealers cannot cut keys at the dealer and can only order new ones with the VIN number. They should all be able to program it though.
Old 04-10-09, 09:44 PM
campoida
Driver School Candidate

make sure your local dealer will let you bring in a blank. My local dealer won't cut someone else's key. They do sell you there own and cut it while you wait. If you chose to go way of locksmith, know that not many have the type of machine needed to laser cut the key so advice is....call dealer and or locksmith before buying a blank key.
Old 04-11-09, 02:09 PM
mmatheny
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! - I just paid about $70 shipped for a new key w/transpoder AND remote from eBay - what seller did you use? Be careful - there are a LOT of sellers on eBay that sell only the SHELL (blank key and transponder) - there is NO remote module in it! And it is hard to tell from the description - I luckily got an order canceled before it shipped after I asked if the remote module was included and told no.
Old 04-13-09, 09:21 PM
flyfl1pguy

I wonder if anyone has a code on how to program the new remote?
Old 04-13-09, 10:07 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

I can program Hyundai remotes in less than 20 seconds with the Diagnostic Scan tool....Wonder if I can pull it off on a Lexus w/ the same tool
Old 04-14-09, 05:41 AM
mmatheny
Lexus Test Driver

Key Programming
1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
3.. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.
NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.
If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key. If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

Remote Programming
1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.
2. Put key into ignition and remove TWO TIMES.
3. Close and open the drivers door TWO TIMES.
4. Put key into the ignition and remove.
5. Close and open the drivers door two times.
6. Put key into the ignition. Close the drivers door.
7. Turn ignition ON then OFF ONE TIME- this will put the car in ADD mode for your remote. (Turning the ignition ON then OFF TWO TIMES will ADD the remote but will erase all existing remotes.)
8. Remove the key from the ignition. The door locks will cycle one time (or two if you are erasing) . On the REMOTE press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button for 2 seconds. On the REMOTE press the LOCK button for one second.
AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted. IF the locks cycle twice it has failed. IF this happens you must start over. Hold the remotes higher up for better reception
9. Open and close the drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out. This will end
programming.
Old 09-24-09, 11:06 AM
1stlink
Driver School Candidate

Question Master Key for 2004 ES330

Originally Posted by mmatheny
Key Programming
1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
3.. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.
NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.
If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key. If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

Remote Programming
1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.
2. Put key into ignition and remove TWO TIMES.
3. Close and open the drivers door TWO TIMES.
4. Put key into the ignition and remove.
5. Close and open the drivers door two times.
6. Put key into the ignition. Close the drivers door.
7. Turn ignition ON then OFF ONE TIME- this will put the car in ADD mode for your remote. (Turning the ignition ON then OFF TWO TIMES will ADD the remote but will erase all existing remotes.)
8. Remove the key from the ignition. The door locks will cycle one time (or two if you are erasing) . On the REMOTE press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button for 2 seconds. On the REMOTE press the LOCK button for one second.
AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted. IF the locks cycle twice it has failed. IF this happens you must start over. Hold the remotes higher up for better reception
9. Open and close the drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out. This will end
programming.
Will this work for a 2004 ES330?
Old 09-28-09, 11:14 AM
trk1
Rookie

any one have a spare remote key for the 1996 lexus es300?
it can be a cut or uncut. i just need it to program it for the remote door locks.
Old 12-11-10, 11:26 AM
tjnez
Driver School Candidate

Default New Cut Keys Won't Go in

Have a 1996 Lexus ES 300. Brought single key to locksmith who has the laser cut machine but none of the 3 keys he cut would open door, trunk, glovebox. 2 of the 3 WOULD slide right into ignition and start car but guessing ignition is more worn than doors, trunk. Anyone a locksmith or seen this before?
Old 12-11-10, 06:25 PM
sphillips
Rookie

I bought a '97 es300 that came with one key and one remote. Called my closest Lexus dealer (250miles), faxed him a copy of the registration with vin to prove ownership, and for $48, he ent a new key by ups, had it in two days.
Old 12-26-10, 06:38 AM
shepdog
Driver School Candidate

Default Lost spare for 09 is 250

Can anyone tell how much is the lexus spare key for the 09 is 250 or do i have to order the whole key.