LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How to reset the memory seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-10, 09:26 PM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to reset the memory seats?

I have replaced door speakers in my Ls. Now the memory seat does not work. All plugs have been replaced as they were. I do not hear any sound when you hit the set button and the 1st seat memory button, nor does the memory seat return to any position. Any help?

jarm
Old 06-19-10, 10:42 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i presume your setting it in park? you can check the fuses for this, in the owners manual it lays them out pretty well, I would check the ones under the drivers side under the steering wheel. There may be one someplace else that may have tripped. It is still possible you missed a connector if its not setting and the fuses all look good, its just easier to check those first than to take the door apart again.
Old 06-19-10, 11:34 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Three years ago, my 460's doors were taken apart to perform the wind noise TSB. When the driver's door was reassembled, the seat's memory control module was unwittingly fried and had to be replaced.
Old 06-20-10, 06:20 AM
jarm
Pit Crew

Could you direct me to the memory control module. Where is it located so I know what to replace? Thanks for all your help

jarm
Old 06-20-10, 09:19 AM
hlevin
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check with your dealer on the right procedure, but I believe that what you need to do is move the seat all the way back, then lower the seat back all the way, put the seat back all the way forward, then move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. It sounds ridiculous, but I had this same problem and that's how the seats reset. I may be a bit off on exactly which order to do things in, hence the "check with dealer" above.
The following 2 users liked this post by hlevin:
DedBirdDog (11-01-18), ShaneAlan (11-04-18)
Old 06-20-10, 09:23 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I was told at the time there is only one, and it is in the driver's door. You can search this Sewell link, but you might be more successful signing up for a couple of days' search at the Lexus shop manual site. I think it's about twenty bucks or so...

Sewell Lexus Parts Guide
Old 06-20-10, 09:23 PM
jarm
Pit Crew

Hlevin:
I went out and did exactly like you described. Now the memory seats work like a champ. Thanks so much

jarm
Old 06-21-10, 07:08 PM
hlevin
Driver School Candidate

No problem. Glad to be of service!
Old 06-01-12, 08:04 PM
dealerGM
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hlevin
Check with your dealer on the right procedure, but I believe that what you need to do is move the seat all the way back, then lower the seat back all the way, put the seat back all the way forward, then move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. It sounds ridiculous, but I had this same problem and that's how the seats reset. I may be a bit off on exactly which order to do things in, hence the "check with dealer" above.
I have a 2007 LS460L and installed my "prestigious society" nav video override today. I noticed my seat did not go Back into position via memory when I opened my door after my install. At first I thought I burned a fuse and checked them all, not the problem... next I was thinking I needed to reprogram the vehicle's computer after the battery was disconnected for the install...

I came to the CL forums and did a quick search for "memory seat" and quickly found a possible solution. I tried this and WOW! It worked like a dream. Thank you for the information!
Old 06-01-12, 09:06 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by hlevin
Check with your dealer on the right procedure, but I believe that what you need to do is move the seat all the way back, then lower the seat back all the way, put the seat back all the way forward, then move the seat all the way forward, then all the way back. It sounds ridiculous, but I had this same problem and that's how the seats reset. I may be a bit off on exactly which order to do things in, hence the "check with
dealer" above.
This is crazy!! I mean, this is very valuable info here!! Great post...reminds me of Up..Up..Down..Down
..Left..Right..Left..Right
.B....A...Select...Start lol #olSchoolContra30Lives
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (11-02-18)
Old 06-01-12, 09:22 PM
dealerGM
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
This is crazy!! I mean, this is very valuable info here!! Great post...reminds me of Up..Up..Down..Down
Seriously the same thing I thought.... too funny.
Old 06-05-12, 11:01 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I believe thats done to keep the motors that move the seat from accidentaly burning out if the switch is held in any position after the seat stops moving. Once the seat stops, it send a signal to the computer that the seat is at is maximum position. I made the mistake of re-intializing my seats on my own when I got my car back form the dealer after some work. I looked it up and went all the way forward, back, up, tilt the back all the way down and up but only moved the bottom of the seat half way down and stopped. Once it was initialized, that was as far as the seat would go down and my head was almost to the roof. I had to remove a fuse (cant remember which) and do it again.
Old 06-08-12, 04:42 PM
hlevin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Sort of like Twister (left hand blue, right foot yellow), only nekked with vegetable oil and mousetraps.
Old 08-15-12, 04:42 PM
rhorgan
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue with the seat memory not working.I also had a symptom that when I leaned the seat back or moved the seat backwards it beeped. I tried the above mentioned procedure and it stopped the beeping but the memory funtion did not work. I tried it a second time and this time it began working flawlessly!
Old 11-12-15, 04:25 PM
philnshelb
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[So what what the procedure did you use i have the same problem after a bat disconect

So QUOTE=dealerGM;7270923]I have a 2007 LS460L and installed my "prestigious society" nav video override today. I noticed my seat did not go Back into position via memory when I opened my door after my install. At first I thought I burned a fuse and checked them all, not the problem... next I was thinking I needed to reprogram the vehicle's computer after the battery was disconnected for the install...

I came to the CL forums and did a quick search for "memory seat" and quickly found a possible solution. I tried this and WOW! It worked like a dream. Thank you for the information![/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: How to reset the memory seats?