LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Be careful: Moog tie rod ends are cheaply made in Korea

Old 05-05-10, 03:22 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Be careful: Moog tie rod ends are cheaply made in Korea

This post deletion brought to you by J.P., the moderator. Remember to thank him for his service.

Last edited by Thermactor; 07-19-10 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Thanks JP
Old 05-05-10, 07:41 PM
amcdonal86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's funny. The box shows cotter pins!
Old 05-05-10, 09:55 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I've also been through the alternate parts search. Since owning this thing, I've bought the genuine parts...been very pleased.
Old 05-06-10, 06:33 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

just because u got one box that says that doesnt mean they are all made there. federal-mogul makes moog which makes all kinds of different parts for cars including fel-pro gaskets.i will check our parts at work and see if they come with a ZERK fitting or not,we have 2 lines of suspension parts which are made by mcquay-norris.

Last edited by python; 05-06-10 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-06-10, 08:13 PM
Iconoclast
Driver School Candidate

My moog outer tie rods that I purchased from the same seller have cotter pins.
Old 05-06-10, 09:37 PM
tchdwnuga
Driver School Candidate

That's weird. I've always had really good luck with Moog. They've always come with the cotter pins and always seemed to be high quality, granted i haven't looked for any for my LS.

Kyle
Old 05-07-10, 08:24 PM
1996LS400
Driver

Advance Auto Parts or AutoZone (forgot which one) is now carrying Moog parts to my surprise... not sure if they have for the LS400 though.
Old 06-09-10, 01:24 PM
koraykuru
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thermactor
If you're on a budget, get the $23 Deeza Turkish prison-made tie rod ends. If you can spare $45, go to Lexus of Pembroke Pines' online presence and get the genuine thing. Either way, I'm seriously regretting this purchase. Buyer beware.

Dear Thermactor,

I am the Product Development Director of Deeza Chassis Parts.

I read your post where you mention "Deeza" brand as "-Midnight Express- Deeza Turkish prison-made tie rod end". I am totally not sure how you came up with this rather unfortunate offending and racist opinion, but I would very much like to help you out on any problems you encountered using/installing our products.

One of our core values and the strength of our organization is our employees. We are proud to serve the global automotive aftermarket and the reason we have been successful throughout the years is the creativity, hard-work, dedication and determination of our employees. Therefore, I personally want an apology from you because of your comments on behalf of more than 200 employees working globally (including over 30 employees in the U.S.) for Deeza Chassis Parts.

You can watch a short video clip to see how our products are made How a Stabilizer Link is Made and click the following link to see some pictures of our production plant: Deeza Production Plant

Also FYI, the outer tie rod we make for your car, 1996 Lexus LS400, Deeza Part# LE-T616 is manufactured with our patented technology and is a greaseable unit with cotter pin and Grade 10 castle nut.

I would also like to give you some more insight about Deeza Chassis Parts. Deeza is a premium quality manufacturer of steering and suspension / chassis parts and have been a supplier to many major brands and trademarks for more than 20 years and also sells high quality chassis parts with its own brand "Deeza" in N. America.

Of course, all manufacturers and everyone whose goal is to sell parts, claim that their products have the highest quality. I will not repeat those comments, but will put some facts for your understanding:

- All Deeza products are manufactured in ISO9001 or TS16949 quality certified high technology facilities in Turkey, Italy, Belgium and U.K. We do not put products Made in China, Taiwan or any other Far-Eastern country in our boxes.

- In 2009 Deeza quality return rate was, 0.00046%. The same statistics was 0.00042% in 2008. Moreover, none of those returns were due to a major defect or problem. Our current fill rate is over 95% and on time delivery rate is over 99%.

- Deeza has 2 years/40,000 miles limited warranty on all parts. If something happens to the part you purchased/installed during this time period, it is replaced for no additional cost or your money is refunded, without any questions asked. http://www.deezachassis.com/warranty.asp

- Deeza has its own patented technology joint design for the ball joints, tie rod ends and stabilizer links that increases the lifetime of the products. http://www.deezachassis.com/patented.asp With our extensive research and with the feedback of the installers and our business partners, we develop ways to enhance the parts themselves for ease of installation, make them stronger for increased performance and overall toughness. You can see detailed explanation and section-cut of different products through clicking the product category names on the top of our web site.

- Deeza products are fairly cheaper than other premium brands because Deeza is the direct manufacturer and manufactures over 95% of its products in its own production plants.

- Deeza is not a re-packager who tries to find the cheapest products through its supplier base. Likewise, Deeza does not source products by country of origin to find the cheapest option.

- As we are the direct manufacturer, we control every single manufacturing process and hence we can provide the premium quality products for fairly better price compared to large corporations.

- As our corporate policy and strategy, we want to make sure that every single customer is satisfied and we are proud to have created such a brand that’s well recognized and highly appreciated by its customer base and professional technicians who have installed Deeza products more than 10million vehicles worldwide for the last 20 years.

My comment has been so long, and I apologize for taking the subject off-the-point in this forum. If you or anyone else would have any kind of questions or concerns, please feel free to email me directly at koray.kuru@deezachassis.com or to our corporate hq at info@deezachassis.com.

Thanks,

Koray Kuru
Product Development Director
Deeza Chassis Parts
http://www.deezachassis.com

Last edited by koraykuru; 07-29-11 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-09-10, 01:42 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just goes to show you never know who could be reading lol
Old 06-09-10, 02:14 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

lol. he was reading but seemed to miss the part where the op recommended their product.
Old 06-09-10, 04:34 PM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
lol. he was reading but seemed to miss the part where the op recommended their product.
yes he didnt address the recomendation, but took exception the the remark (Midnight Express- Deeza Turkish prison-made )... and I can understand his point, I have probably made dumb remarks like that many times, but, thankfully never called down for it.... anyway it was interesting to read and watch..
And when we use terms like that, it is not meant to slander anyone, just making a point... a way of expressing ourselves..
SO: koraykuru you are among friends here and your input is welcome... give us all the help you can.... we are just LS lovers.. not haters..
Cheers..