IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Check System Light ON!! Help!!

Old 03-29-10, 06:10 AM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check System Light ON!! Help!!

When i drove to work this morning, about half way to get to the company and the Check System Light just pop up. I didn't do anything to the car over the weekend, except change rims and tires. Would that be possible affect the Check System Light? The guy from Discount Tires already program the new set of TPMS and there was no problem at all on Saturday. Any clue what is going on? should i call to dealer and ask for them to check?

Your answer would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!!
Old 03-29-10, 06:13 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny_evo
When i drove to work this morning, about half way to get to the company and the Check System Light just pop up. I didn't do anything to the car over the weekend, except change rims and tires. Would that be possible affect the Check System Light? The guy from Discount Tires already program the new set of TPMS and there was no problem at all on Saturday. Any clue what is going on? should i call to dealer and ask for them to check?

Your answer would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!!

Sounds like the TPMS weren't done right (it can take a little while for the lights to come on from this)
Old 03-29-10, 06:23 AM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Sounds like the TPMS weren't done right (it can take a little while for the lights to come on from this)
So the TPMS weren't done right will affect the Check System Light? I saw that guy to scan on each TPMS and at the end does he suppose to hook up the cable to my car and do some more setting? Becuase he just scan all 4 TPMS and didn't hook up the cable to my car.
Old 03-29-10, 06:33 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If he didn't hook anything up to your car how is your car supposed to know about the new TPMS sensors?
Old 03-29-10, 06:40 AM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
If he didn't hook anything up to your car how is your car supposed to know about the new TPMS sensors?
that's what i thought, but when i drove home on SAT and nothing come up, i thought everything ok, so i think i should give them a call and have them redo the program.

Thanks a ton Kurtz!!!
Old 09-29-14, 08:32 PM
flyguycrew
Driver School Candidate

Default System Check Light (..!..) IS-250 '06 Lexus

Hi Guys,

I have read the comments above and very thankfull of the all feed backs.

My problem is that Check System light came on (..!..). I had just changed the rear tires (all tire pressure are on 36) and also bought the front & rear Brake pads from the dealer and had it changed by American Tire shop in Van Nuys. Also they machined all rotters too. Shortly after I left the tire shop. The System Check light came on! went back to the Tire shop and the mechanic is telling me that I have a bad sensor! OH PLEASE!

Under the steering wheel there is the connection , I hooked on my portable auto scanner. It showed no error codes!! I couldn't erase the code! because there were ZERO code.

I never had this problem before! Can you guys tell me where are the switch on/off for this issue for 2006 IS-250 so I can reset it?

Can some one tell me what else I have to do....... should I driver 40 to 50 mile , perhaps it will go away because I had just put on new rear tires and brake pads? ...is it a bad sensor ??... tire pressure ?(TPS 36 but I just changed and had it balances at a tire shop)?... how do you turn on/off switch on default for tires? do I have to go to the dealer to program it ?

Your responce will greatly appreciated

Last edited by flyguycrew; 09-29-14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-29-14, 10:01 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

average TPMS sensor battery only last up to 10 years depend on weather condition, i would say average 6 years battery life in the TPMS sensors.