Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

2006 RX400h ABS actuator

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 01:48 PM
GoGreen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 RX400h ABS actuator

Anyone have issues with the ABS actuator? Mine is making a barking type sound. The sounds occur when I press hard on the brakes and usually at slower speeds. If i bring the car to a gradual stop the sound seem to not happen or less often. The lexus dealership did a bleed procedure on the brakes and that helped temporary. The sound is now back and they want to replace the Actuator...

Last edited by GoGreen; 02-06-10 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-08-10, 05:16 PM
riwyle
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar condition on my 06 Rxh. There is a service bulletin on it. I assume that is the procedure they followed when they bled your brakes. After a couple of attempts, I convinced the dealer to look at it. They tried the bleed procedure and told me it didn't correct the problem, so they replaced the actuator, which corrected the problem. Done about 3 weeks ago, and haven't had the chirp problem since. It was all done under warrantee. Took them 3 days, but of course I had a loaner. I think it would have been quit expensive if I had paid for it.
Ri
Old 02-13-10, 09:41 AM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riwyle
I had a similar condition on my 06 Rxh. There is a service bulletin on it. I assume that is the procedure they followed when they bled your brakes. After a couple of attempts, I convinced the dealer to look at it. They tried the bleed procedure and told me it didn't correct the problem, so they replaced the actuator, which corrected the problem. Done about 3 weeks ago, and haven't had the chirp problem since. It was all done under warrantee. Took them 3 days, but of course I had a loaner. I think it would have been quit expensive if I had paid for it.
Ri
Dealer replaced our brake actuator back in October '09. Lucky for us it was still covered under warranty or else it would have cost $2,500.
Old 03-07-10, 10:31 PM
GoGreen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer replaced the actuator and the sound is gone. Good thing it was covered under warranty.
Old 07-23-22, 04:12 PM
maureenBH
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riwyle
Ri
————
My car is a 2019 Lexus RX450H sport. I only have 24,000 miles. I’ve had my actuator replaced twice in two years, almost exactly 12 months apart. It was a chirping sound. Now, it’s happening again. It’s like clock work every 12 months. Thankfully it’s under warranty, but at this point, three times is not a charm, and I’m getting to the bottom of this BS.
There has got to be a flaw in the part.
Old 07-24-22, 07:46 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 858 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by maureenBH
————
My car is a 2019 Lexus RX450H sport. I only have 24,000 miles. I’ve had my actuator replaced twice in two years, almost exactly 12 months apart. It was a chirping sound. Now, it’s happening again. It’s like clock work every 12 months. Thankfully it’s under warranty, but at this point, three times is not a charm, and I’m getting to the bottom of this BS.
There has got to be a flaw in the part.
Hi MaureenBH, I see you are new so Welcome to Club Lexus!

This is good to know.
Might also like to post this in your newer model year RX450 forum too, sure people like to hear it.