Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

aurora white pearl pic request

Old 01-27-10, 10:00 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aurora white pearl pic request

is there any owner with aurora white pearl? post away!

my local dealer doesnt have this color..i would love to see it before my purchase. i tried google but the pictures came out looking pretty much the same as starfire pearl..can somebody help me?
Old 01-28-10, 06:21 AM
chinpokomo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

left = starfire pearl
right = aurora white pearl

Old 01-28-10, 09:20 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

aurora white pearl is a more "vibrant" white, it has a tinge of blue/purple to it. under cloudy or overcast skies, the regular white looks very blah (imho) and bland. but aurora white stands out and looks more "alive" (if that makes any sense).

i'll try to take some pics this weekend of my RXh, so you can see how the aurora white looks like on my car (i have been meaning to do this for quite some time, but never got around to doing it).
Old 01-28-10, 12:04 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

chinpokomo: thank you for the comparison shot~

Stormforge: i'd love to see more of the Aurora White ~ keep em' comming!! hehe
Old 01-28-10, 06:54 PM
DaRacerz
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure, how many do you want to see???

Its whiter than white is the best way to describe it. Compared to any other car I see on the road, this Aurora looks more white... if thats really possible. It has a blue/purple hue to it at times such as cloudy whether or certain sunset conditions.

And btw, I did find the sample in the guide book to be misleading on the looks of this color as it shows more a silver tone to it which it never shows.

Heres a few in various conditions... and snow shots are when the car was only 2 days old!

Night shot

Day shot

Night shot in the snow

Day shot in the snow.... and this is the tone of blue the paint turns on snow covered roads. But it is rare where the paint will exhibit this color. I've only noticed it in the snow. Rain gives the white much less of a blue tone then seen here.

Hope you like.
Old 01-28-10, 07:24 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Is it true that Aurora white only comes with gray leather interior color?
I heard the gray interior looks different on a 450h and a 350. Can you guys provide some pics of the interior?
Old 01-28-10, 08:37 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

DaRacerz: thank you for the pics, thats exactly what i wanted to find out lol~& i totally agree the color in brochure was more of a silver. now seeing your pics i think i'm pretty confident i'll get this color~

wyau01: according to brochure aurora white only comes with gray leather. dunno if its different kind of gray though, never checked out 350.
Old 01-28-10, 09:01 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by wyau01
Is it true that Aurora white only comes with gray leather interior color?
I heard the gray interior looks different on a 450h and a 350. Can you guys provide some pics of the interior?
my interior is black

edit: i forgot i posted up pics. see link below. and for pics of my black interior, see page 3

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...w-partner.html

Last edited by Stormforge; 01-28-10 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-28-10, 09:46 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
my interior is black

edit: i forgot i posted up pics. see link below. and for pics of my black interior, see page 3

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...w-partner.html
Just read the cdn brochure, I like the color option better than the US one.
I love the black interior on white ext. which is not available for the US market.

Side question, Can you watch dvd on the front screen? The only way on mine is with the hand brake pressed and the car at full stop.
Old 01-28-10, 10:07 PM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here'e another side-by-side. Left is Aurora White, Right is Starfire.
Attached Thumbnails aurora white pearl pic request-img_0604.jpg  
Old 01-28-10, 10:19 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by wyau01
Just read the cdn brochure, I like the color option better than the US one.
I love the black interior on white ext. which is not available for the US market.

Side question, Can you watch dvd on the front screen? The only way on mine is with the hand brake pressed and the car at full stop.
you need to buy/install prestigious society dvd/navi override kit in order to watch dvd on the front screen. do a search on the 3RX forum, there's some discussion on it.
Old 01-28-10, 10:22 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
Here'e another side-by-side. Left is Aurora White, Right is Starfire.
so did you finally end up ordering an aurora white pearl RX450h?
Old 01-29-10, 06:59 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Stormforge: nice! 2 hybrids in one garage~ i like your aurora/black color combination. factory entertainment pkg looks very nice too. for some reason my dealer is using aftermarket players in head rest....not the one from factory.
Old 01-29-10, 10:35 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by kyo7878
Stormforge: nice! 2 hybrids in one garage~ i like your aurora/black color combination. factory entertainment pkg looks very nice too. for some reason my dealer is using aftermarket players in head rest....not the one from factory.
thx! pehaps your dealer is using aftermarket rses because they can't get their hands on the oem ones? if i recall correctly, lexus distributes specific packages to specific areas based on demographics. so if lexus believes that demand is low for rses in your area, they won't allocate one unless you do a special order (and even that is not guaranteed from what i've read).
Old 01-29-10, 11:47 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
thx! pehaps your dealer is using aftermarket rses because they can't get their hands on the oem ones? if i recall correctly, lexus distributes specific packages to specific areas based on demographics. so if lexus believes that demand is low for rses in your area, they won't allocate one unless you do a special order (and even that is not guaranteed from what i've read).
that explains why my dealer is using some crappy system and charge as much as the factory rses~

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aurora white pearl pic request