RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

My dashboard lights are on!

Old 01-11-10, 07:53 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts
Default My dashboard lights are on!

Finally happened to me! My VSC, Trac Off, Brake and Tire Pressure (this one was blinking) lit up!

It was off and on. Happened 3x already. It would be on and then the next time it would not show.

What is this again?

Do I need to call in for a check up?

Battery's good (12.6V), charging is good (14.6+ V).
Old 01-12-10, 07:50 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Finally happened to me! My VSC, Trac Off, Brake and Tire Pressure (this one was blinking) lit up!

It was off and on. Happened 3x already. It would be on and then the next time it would not show.

What is this again?

Do I need to call in for a check up?

Battery's good (12.6V), charging is good (14.6+ V).
Dealer replaced my brake light switch under warranty and fixed this problem a few months ago. It is a very common problem and you might be able to get them to fix it even if you are out of warranty since it is so common.
Old 01-12-10, 08:01 AM
visual
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most likely is a bad brake switch. This is very typical problem for the rx. The switch is right under the brake paddle. You can get it online for $17.
This happens to my wife car a couple times. I reset the car computer by remove the black battery terminal, and it has not come back for 3 months now.
Old 01-12-10, 12:14 PM
RsSharKy
Rookie

i am not sure if this is the reason
but there is a TSB regarding "SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE MULTIPLE WARNING LIGHTS ILLUMINATED."
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/ts...intVersion=YES
Old 01-12-10, 07:45 PM
mandyfig

Now this is sounding familiar, brake SW recall. I have to check the TSB's. Thanks. I will call my Service Advisor anyway and see if she will invite me to come in...I have the Platinum Extended Warranty.
Old 01-12-10, 07:48 PM
mandyfig

I will post a pic of the lights tomorrow. I seem to remember that this could be the battery or the alternator but I checked them both they seem to be OK. I cleaned up my battery terminal today, it had gunk. 1st time I have seen in a while, like 2 years.

So I had to re-set the windows.

I am not having luck re-setting the moonroof. How was that again?
Old 01-14-10, 06:45 AM
visual
Rookie

I will post a pic of the lights tomorrow. I seem to remember that this could be the battery or the alternator but I checked them both they seem to be OK. I cleaned up my battery terminal today, it had gunk. 1st time I have seen in a while, like 2 years.

So I had to re-set the windows.

I am not having luck re-setting the moonroof. How was that again?
Fully open and then close completely will reset the moonroof.
Old 01-15-10, 10:18 AM
Kostyan
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're having the same problem with lights on the dash.

Can someone please point me to the entire list of things that need to be reset and how-to after disconnecting the battery?
Old 01-15-10, 10:27 AM
mandyfig

The brake sw recall invloves the AC light blinking plus other lights lighting up. It says a new junction box needs replaced.

Does not talk about the specific lights...
Old 01-15-10, 10:28 AM
mandyfig

My Service Advisor was on vacation and I sent her an email. We'll see what she says when she comes back regarding this issue.
Old 01-15-10, 11:25 AM
Kostyan
Pole Position

My Service Advisor was on vacation and I sent her an email. We'll see what she says when she comes back regarding this issue.
What is a recall #, which model years does it affect, and what if vehicle is past bumper-to bumper wtty?
Old 01-15-10, 01:58 PM
mandyfig

There was a recall on the brake switch. This is not related to our situation.

There was a TSB for multiple lights turning on and the AC switch blinking. This TSB says a new junction Box must be installed in the engine bay. I am not sure if this is covered by the extended warranty that I have. The original TSB is only good for the regular warranty, 48 mos/50K miles.

I do not even know that the above is the source of the issue that we have.
Old 01-22-10, 08:58 AM
Kostyan
Pole Position

hey guys I am going to try to reset the ECU this weekend by unplugging the battery terminal, but afraid the car won't work right after that because I dont have any kind of instruction to reset the options. From the way you guys are describing it, it sounds pretty involved....can someone please point me to those instructions or perhaps can email them to me?
Old 01-22-10, 01:04 PM
mandyfig

Before you proceed with the ECU reset, I need to let you know what I have done. I had an appointment this week for this issue and had to cancel due to a conflict.

However, I put in my OBDII reader to determine if there is something in the system recorded to show the warning lights being lit. Result: Nada, nothing. It says, no recorded readings.

Re-setting the ECU will probably do nothing, but you can try. Are you going to remove the battery terminal to re-set the ECU?

Because I did this already and the lights still go ON, every now and then.

I will have to take it in to Lexus. And I will let you know.
Old 01-23-10, 03:20 PM
Kostyan
Pole Position

mandyfig, I was going to reset the ECU by unplugging the negative terminal from the battery for a few hrs

If its a stupid 17 dollar switch then its ok....I am worried about possible other causes which are mosre costly to repair...we're at 60k mi, past bumper to bumper wtty

i look fwd to the outcome of visit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My dashboard lights are on!