Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

how to remove stains on leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-09, 11:00 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove stains on leather seats?

anyone know how to remove stains from a leather seats without fading or damaging it? tried leather cleaner/condition but stains still there
Old 10-12-09, 03:04 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried the Leather Master's brand of cleaner? It got rid of some heavy stain on my RX the other day. It didn't seem to dry it out either but I was safe and conditioned the seat anyway...
Old 10-12-09, 03:40 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

Do I dare ask what the stain is
Old 10-12-09, 04:32 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hoonami
anyone know how to remove stains from a leather seats without fading or damaging it? tried leather cleaner/condition but stains still there
What is the stain? Which products did you try so far?

My process is to use the Leatherique Prestine Clean - 16 oz and the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 16 oz. They deep clean and condition the surface and do a pretty good job on stains. Sometimes I use the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover - 32 oz on tough stains.

Let me know if you need other suggestions.

Greg @ DI
Old 10-12-09, 10:21 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

thank you all for quick responses.... well previous owner never washed the car i guess, i sprayed leather cleaner/condition and with one pass, towel became grey(white terry towel). there is no special stains(juice, blood, oil, etc...) just from never washing/cleaning it. also need tips on carpets too, not the floor mats but actual carpet. it needs mad cleaning.
Old 10-12-09, 10:22 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

oh and what do you guys think/feel about steam cleaning it also? remember seeing a clip on youtube cleaning leather seats, dash, and interior carpet with steam cleaner.
Old 10-12-09, 10:48 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

no steam cleaner!!!

When I did leather at work, I used a simple all-purpose cleaner followed by a damp towel wipe-down and leather cleaner.

Steam cleaners do a wonderful job on carpet, just be sure you use a good pre-spotter and the proper cleaner for the machine. Steam extractors don't like foam.
Old 10-12-09, 11:21 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i use leatherique. so far i love it now
Old 10-12-09, 11:46 PM
king06
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was wondering if anybody knew how to take out blue jean dye from the leather seats its not to noticeable but you can still make out a light blue butt shaped figure on my drivers seat
Old 10-13-09, 12:02 AM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Leather Masters cleaner works extremely well. It turned the terry cloth I was using black when I was cleaning the RX seats. It was blue at first but the tan hides dirt pretty well apparently lol...
Old 10-13-09, 07:09 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

The thing to keep in mind when cleaning the leather is that you are not cleaning the leather. You are cleaning a coat of paint. The leather is underneath the opaque urethance coating. What you are looking at is paint. The dirt or stains you see are on, or in, the paint. This is a thin coat of urethane so using anything abrasive may well rub the coating off and the split leather hides underneath can look damn ugly.

I proscribe to the Leather Masters product line and use them on all my personal vehicles. Their products work very well. Be sure, no matter what cleaner you use, to be **** about removing all traces of the detergent after cleaning. Wipe down the seats with a clean damp MF and let them dry for several minutes. I'd suggest that an important and often overlooked product to apply is a leather protectant. Many will use a conditioner and leave it go at that but its the protectant that will make future dirt and stains easier to remove.

Using only a leather cleaner and a conditioner is like washing your car and applying a glaze. If you don't finish the job and protect the paint it will not repel dirt and grime as well, will need more frequent cleaning and will not hold up as well over time.
Old 10-13-09, 12:01 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

okay i will try leather masters product, anyone know where to get them for good price? and which kit?
Old 10-13-09, 12:10 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Detailer's domain has the best prices on leather master. Just buy the kit with a cleaner, conditioner, and protectant. Use the 10% off everyday discount code: LEXUS

http://www.detailersdomain.com/leath...nandvital.aspx