SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How to disable seat belt warning chime

Old 10-11-09, 07:53 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default How to disable seat belt warning chime

I was reading the Toyota TIS documents for the 2006 SC and saw this new feature: (Don't get too excited it doesn't seem to work on my 2006)

Service Tip
Seat Belt Reminder System
Buzzer reminder cancel mode is added in the seat belt reminder system.
Buzzer Reminder Cancel Mode Setting
1) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.
2) Press and hold the TRIP meter reset **** for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning
the ignition switch to the ON position. Fastening the driver’s seat belt while holding the **** cancels
the buzzer reminder.
3) When this occurs, the LCD displays “b-OFF”. The buzzer reminder can be switched between ON
and OFF each time the TRIP meter reset **** is pressed. The LCD displays “b-ON” or “b-OFF”
according to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter
if the **** is not pressed for ten seconds.
4) Performing steps 1) and 2) again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode.
5) The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.

Does anyone know if the above instructions are just a "little bit wrong" or just don't work? (Oh, I know - just buckle up!)

Last edited by Bon; 12-31-09 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-11-09, 07:59 PM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting....though the seat belt thing doesn't bug me....now the DRL on the other hand...
Old 10-11-09, 11:06 PM
dh784123
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did something like that for my 2007 SC and it worked. i found it somewhere on the GS forums i believe. ill see if i can find it and try to post it here. but try the search feature on the forums ... you'll find it, and it will work.

and for the DRL. just go to any dealer, and DEMAND that you want it off and they'll change it through the CBEST settings. (when i went to do it, they told me it cant be done, but the service guy called the tech and they said they could do it)
Old 10-12-09, 04:56 AM
Bon
Advanced

So far I've tried a half-dozen variations of the routine without success on my 2006. I've pressed-and-held for 10 seconds to 2 minutes without success. I'm not clear about when the seat belt should be fastened; during or after the press-and-hold time. I have seen this procedure for other Toyota models including those with Start buttons and they're all pretty similar. I'd love to hear from someone that has made it work on a 2006. Mine was made in June of '06.
Old 10-12-09, 10:11 AM
SC430Sam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely going to give this a shot. I cannot stand the chime. Thanks for the post!
Old 10-12-09, 02:34 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SC430Sam
Definitely going to give this a shot. I cannot stand the chime. Thanks for the post!
+1, the chimes gotta go !!
Old 10-12-09, 02:50 PM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those don't sound like SC instructions, given that our reset is a button not a ****
Old 10-12-09, 04:21 PM
Bon
Advanced

Originally Posted by robsvdp
Those don't sound like SC instructions, given that our reset is a button not a ****
It comes right out of the 2006 Toyota Instructions titled "SC430 Outline of new features". I think ****/button is just a translation or Jinglish issue.

Last edited by Bon; 10-12-09 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-12-09, 06:25 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

arhhh I would go nuts if I had that, thankfully my car came without it set
Old 03-14-10, 01:15 PM
Bon
Advanced

A follow up to my original post. I found another set of directions to turn off the seat belt buzzer. These are very similar to what the Toyota service bulletin states but it's a bit more clear (so that even I can follow it!) Credit to terenshi for the information:

1. turn the key to the ON position, foot off the brake
2. Press the trip reset button couple of times until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position. when the dash lights comes on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec) (I heard a brief beep)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt. (Can you spell contortionist?)
7.and the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.

I did this to my 2006 SC and it works just fine. Turning the buzzer back on is just as easy as turning it off. This works for 2006+ and yes, I'll still use my seat belt.

Old 03-14-10, 03:02 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I'll try this. I'm a little annoyed by this buzzer.
Old 08-25-10, 07:13 PM
Bon
Advanced

Default Canceling my seatbelt buzzer AGAIN

Well, its been a while and my seatbelt buzzer has been quiet since I toggled the buzzer reminder off. However, since I reset my ECU I had to again toggle it off. Well, the procedure I had posted previously in the thread doesn't work ?!?! I sat in my car in disbelief as I tried over and over (what is it that they say "only a crazy man does the same thing over-and-over expecting a different result") but my seatbelt buzzer toggle wasn't working. Well, perseverance pays off and this is the routine that worked for me today.

1. Turn the key to the ON position, foot off the brake, door closed, seat belt unbuckled.

2. As soon as the display is on, press the trip button as needed until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B) AND THEN CONTINUE TO HOLD THE TRIP BUTTON DOWN WITH THE ODO DISPLAYED.

3. Continue to press and hold this same trip button (not the reset button) and hold for about 30 seconds.

4. While still holding the trip button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt. (Can you spell contortionist?)

5. The odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip button (again not the reset button).

6. Turn off the ignition when you have the setting that you want.

7. Continue using your seat belt.

I don't know why the routine seems to be different today from what I posted earlier so I'll leave the original posts as I'd swear that it worked for me in the past - but not now.
Old 08-26-10, 05:53 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C-Best settongs options

Is there a place to find all the C-Best setting options that can be changed?
Katy
Old 08-26-10, 06:12 PM
VVTiBob

Received 264 Likes on 200 Posts

Katy,

In a previous thread you started I posted the TSIB with the CBEST setting... but who know how compatible it is with YOUR BRAND NEW 2010...(I'm jealous) You'll have to speak with your dealer and let us all know what still applies.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-my-02-sc.html

Last edited by VVTiBob; 08-26-10 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-27-10, 05:51 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Question I have a 2005 sc 430 In order to disable the seat belt Buzzer [ does this also
disable the light ? ] If I am able to get this to turn off the buzzer. How would I turn it back on Is it as simple as just pressing the trip button to get to odometer and press od untill i get to [ B off ] or [ B on ] if i want to turn back on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to disable seat belt warning chime