Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Swift Springs on an IS350

Old 01-14-08, 11:08 PM
Lim350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swift Springs on an IS350

Hey has anyone ever tried the swift springs? it drops the front my 1" and the back by .8". Its supposed to have a nice ride quality but i havent seen anyone with it so far. Does anyone know of a good place to install springs in the San Gabriel valley?
Old 01-15-08, 12:24 AM
noenoe_pro
Driver

I use em! I would say its 5/5 lol! i love 'em! it maintain the original quality ride..
Old 01-15-08, 08:19 PM
Lim350
Driver School Candidate

thx for the quick reply. looks like only u and me have these springs :P
Old 07-05-08, 05:55 AM
Srd555
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,

I am interested in the Swift springs because they are the only ones I fund to be linear (very important to me). However I am concerned about the spring rates.
The Stock spring rate on the IS350 are 263 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear. The rates on the swifts are 258 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear.

Usually lowering springs have higher than stock rate to make up for the less travel you have.

Are you guys bottoming out or hitting the bump stops?
Did the car come down the advertised 1" f/ .8" r, or did it drop more?
Any problems with them at all?

Thank you.

PS if anyone knows of any other linear springs for the IS350, please let me know. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN COILOVERS
Old 07-05-08, 03:28 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Pocky has Swift springs...

Javier
Old 07-06-08, 09:03 AM
Srd555
Driver

Thank you Javy,

it looks good but it also looks lower than the advertised drop of 1f /0.8r
The spring rate questions I asked earlier I need to have answered if anyone knows anything plz chime in.

I will PM pocky to ask if he bottoms out or has any problems at all.

Are their ant other linear springs out there?
Old 05-15-09, 08:09 PM
Srd555
Driver

Question

Originally Posted by Srd555
Hello,

I am interested in the Swift springs because they are the only ones I fund to be linear (very important to me). However I am concerned about the spring rates.
The Stock spring rate on the IS350 are 263 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear. The rates on the swifts are 258 lb/in front and 291 lb/in rear.

Usually lowering springs have higher than stock rate to make up for the less travel you have.

Are you guys bottoming out or hitting the bump stops?
Did the car come down the advertised 1" f/ .8" r, or did it drop more?
Any problems with them at all?

Thank you.

PS if anyone knows of any other linear springs for the IS350, please let me know. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN COILOVERS
Just bumping this thread back up to see if anyone else has had any experience with these springs and can answer these questions.
Old 05-26-09, 02:08 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swift website is interesting with more detail than expected. I had never heard of this company before.
Old 05-26-09, 02:10 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Just bumping this thread back up to see if anyone else has had any experience with these springs and can answer these questions.
I was just curious, why the preference for linear spring rate? Are you sure the spring rates are actually linear?
The following users liked this post:
serturbo (02-03-21)
Old 05-26-09, 02:30 PM
Srd555
Driver

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I was just curious, why the preference for linear spring rate? Are you sure the spring rates are actually linear?

Mostly personal preference from LOTS of experience on and off tracks, but linear rate springs (like the stock springs) are just a whole lot more predictable. You can look up the differences on the net but for this type of car its what I prefer.

I called swift and I have seen pics of the ones for the IS, and they are linear.
Old 05-26-09, 03:01 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Mostly personal preference from LOTS of experience on and off tracks, but linear rate springs (like the stock springs) are just a whole lot more predictable. You can look up the differences on the net but for this type of car its what I prefer.

I called swift and I have seen pics of the ones for the IS, and they are linear.
I see, similar to why I prefer a constant ratio for steering, not variable ratio steering systems.

Given that Swift uses linear rates, it makes you wonder if cars will stay off the bump stops given the approximate 1" drop. Sounds like they are sensible with modest drops for maybe for that reason as well as not messing up geometry/alignment too.
Old 05-27-09, 12:19 PM
Srd555
Driver

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I see, similar to why I prefer a constant ratio for steering, not variable ratio steering systems.

Given that Swift uses linear rates, it makes you wonder if cars will stay off the bump stops given the approximate 1" drop. Sounds like they are sensible with modest drops for maybe for that reason as well as not messing up geometry/alignment too.
Thats what I was thinking too but the front rate being a lil lower than the stock rate made me pause. The members that have had them say that they are great and that they never hit the stops. The only reason they changed them was to go lower.

One member had Tein CS coil-overs he traded for H&R springs then got the swifts. He said the swift felt and handled better.

I am going to get them soon and I will update this thread.
Old 05-27-09, 01:00 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Thats what I was thinking too but the front rate being a lil lower than the stock rate made me pause. The members that have had them say that they are great and that they never hit the stops. The only reason they changed them was to go lower.

One member had Tein CS coil-overs he traded for H&R springs then got the swifts. He said the swift felt and handled better.

I am going to get them soon and I will update this thread.
Sounds like a good plan, we will wait for your update.

fyi - With my newly installed Eibach 350's (about 450 miles so far), I've only bottomed out once in front and not harshly. For brisk/legal driving the car feels a bit flatter in the corners.
Old 02-21-11, 03:08 PM
jmhtx
Rookie

Any Swift Sport Spring Users out there? I like the linear spring with some drop. These seem to be one of the only options.
Old 02-21-11, 03:14 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^Look Here in the ISF section:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...w-for-isf.html

Lou

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swift Springs on an IS350