SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

sc430 radio/cd player defect

Old 05-03-08, 04:37 PM
ste
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc430 radio/cd player defect

hey last month my wife purch a 2005 sc430 CPO. i noticed about 3 weeks while i was drivn the car the music went mute. then i pulled over to investigate and noticed the only way to get the radio to play is cut the car off and restart it. the music would play for a coupe of secs then i would have to repeat the step. so first time i took it to the dealer they stated they could not duplicate the problem and the radio was fine. 2nd visit they was able to duplicate the problem. they stated that i needed a new battery and the car was cutting of the power to the radio to save power. they replaced the battery, for me. yester while i was drivn the car for about 30mins the radio went mute again.. had to cut the car off literally and start back up about 20 times. do you know how boring it is to ride in a car with the top down with no music. lol so on monday will be taking car back. have this every happen to anyone before, and is there something i can fix or a dealer problem thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-08, 05:09 PM
FALCON1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

IF you are in the Atlanta area-

Take the car to Nalley on 41 Galleria................ask that Jatin fixes your car and tell him Derek aka FALCON 1 sent you........He will know how to fix it.

FALCON 1
Old 05-05-08, 01:11 PM
paul_k
Rookie

the car was cutting of the power to the radio to save power

That is utter bull...
Old 05-05-08, 01:58 PM
Lapraka
Driver

did it cut power to AC too?
Old 05-05-08, 02:06 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by paul_k

That is utter bull...
Oh, contraire! This was a factory-installed option many years ago. Every accessory was linked to the onboard computer (you can call it HAL if you want) and then each accessory could be disabled one by one by the computer to save the battery from going flat.

I think they discontinued this option a few years back when the onboard computer disabled the door locks and some woman had to kick out her windshield to get out of the car. She sued Lexus for false imprisonment and scored a big jury verdict.
Old 05-05-08, 02:51 PM
da-bizket
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a problem a couple of times where the stereo amp turned off. The radio/CD player was still working but, no sound. Restarting the car would trigger the amp to come back on.

It only did it a couple times and I didn't have to get it fixed. Must have been the amp or trigger lead.

M
Old 05-11-08, 07:10 PM
ste
Driver

my wife took the car to nalley on cobb. and requested that jatin fix the radio. it took them 2 days to final say that the cd/radio has a error code. so they order a new head unit and suppose to install on wednesday. i have also noticed that the radio never cut off when the top is up. thats wierd i think its the amp but i could be wrong
Old 05-11-08, 09:07 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
I think they discontinued this option a few years back when the onboard computer disabled the door locks and some woman had to kick out her windshield to get out of the car. She sued Lexus for false imprisonment and scored a big jury verdict.
was she blonde? i'd assume the manual lock would still work.
Old 05-18-08, 05:55 PM
ste
Driver

took the car to nalley again on friday and they replaced the radio. yest after about 20 mins of drivn with the top down the radio went mute again. has this ever happen to anyone b4, i cant be the only person. so will be goin back to dealership tomorro
Old 05-18-08, 05:59 PM
FALCON1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Jatin at Nalley is their trouble shooter...............if they cannot fix it then have the Svc. Mgr order you a whole new unit.................you want the Marc Levinson System to work 100%...........my 02 SC has never ever had an issue, this could be simple as a loose contact or just a bad amp unit.

Keep us informed. Get it in thru this month as Jatin is heading overseas EOM for a month.

FALCON 1
Old 05-19-08, 08:07 PM
ste
Driver

hey the last time i went i told the service man i wanted jatin to look at it and i think he did, they put a new radio in there on friday and still the same problem. so i will be taking it in the morn for the 5th time. isnt there some kind of lemon law or reimbursement for this type of stuff
Old 06-06-08, 12:23 PM
ste
Driver

radion problems again after the 7th visit to the dealership. . so after getn a new radio put in the car. they finally ordered a new amp for the car. the amp came in today. but wednesday i took the car in bc the cd's would eject from the cd player unit. so they told me wedn that that they need to replace the radio again, and that the unit was bad. i asked them how does a new unit stop playn in 2 weeks. they stated that the unit was not new but a refurbished unit. so now i took the car into today to get a new amp and new cd unit. have anyone ever heard of lexus using refurbished parts on a CPO car. is there some actions i can take about this matter. thanks in advance
Old 11-28-10, 09:15 AM
misha
Driver School Candidate

Hi
i have 2005 lexus430sc
my cd player show error3
and i can not lissen any cd' only some noeses
any help please
eject not working too
thank's
Old 11-28-10, 09:51 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Is it a blank/copy cd/r or cd/rw you are using? Typical issue. I had my 02 do it. You can try to unplug the battery for 30 minutes to reset the ECU and see if that may reset it, but more than likely you'll need to go to the dealer or stereo shop. Not to scare you but I had mine replaced when I had that-they said the ML head units are not designed to play recordable cd's and advised me not to use them.
Old 11-28-10, 10:27 AM
toxic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been playing recorded cd's with no problem.......2002.

TOXIC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sc430 radio/cd player defect