NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

how to fight a tint ticket???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-08, 11:09 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to fight a tint ticket???

hey sup guys, let me just say that today fkn sucked! I was rushing to my softball league game at flushing meadow park from long island when I got pulled over for doing 82 in a 55 on northern state pkway near exit 31. W/e, me and the officer had a chit chat once i was pulled over then he came back with a speeding ticket, ok fine, i was speeding, granted that this is nausau county i have a pretty good chance of fighting it cuz all they want is money anyway (crosses fingers) but then he also presented me with a window tint ticket. WTF! dude never mentioned anything about my tints beforehand and neither did he use anything to test the transparency of my tints, he just basically gave me a ticket based on his "personal" observations. Well, I know some bs sympathic stories for the speeding ticket but what is the best way to get out of the tint ticket? would it work if I say that he didnt use a machine to test my tints? or argue that I've been pulled over for tints before and they tested legal? and/or that im going to go to my mechanic and have him write me a bs receipt saying that I got my tints removed.
Old 04-21-08, 04:19 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

they prolly just throw the tint ticket away but mess you up with the speeding.
Old 04-21-08, 04:22 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you probably need something in writing from an eye doctor.
Old 04-21-08, 05:27 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to the place that put on your tint TODAY and get a 'tint removed receipt' and take it to court. That's your best chance of getting it reduced or removed. The sooner you go the better what you say below will work.

"Your I honor, I bought the car light and did not realize the tint was illegal, I had it removed days later and here's the receipt, my apologies"

Ummmm and don't drive the car to the DMV with the tint on it, the officer will be there and WILL try to look at your car if you happen to leave at the same time and ticket you again. LOL

Your tint shop shouldn't have any problem giving you the 'removed' receipt, mine didn't.
Old 04-21-08, 07:26 AM
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you dont drive to court with the car with the tinted windows. I've heard stories where they went out to the parking lot to look for the car.
Old 04-21-08, 07:33 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.....not reading replies.....

you dont fight it, you pay it.
Old 04-21-08, 07:51 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what town did u get pulled over in.... the nassau county towns that employ their own police departments tend to be more strict with the traffic laws (ie lake success)
Old 04-21-08, 08:08 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

eye doctor thing works....delaware people does that all the time.... (go to an asian doctor and give him 25 bucks to have him write you a note)

tint removal thing will work also for the most part unless the judge really wants to be an a-hole.

the tint-meter is a good point but i think that will go into a he say/ she say stuff... what oohpapi and aliga recommended is best
Old 04-21-08, 10:27 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

The location of the court is 16 cooper st, hempstead. my past experiences there were pretty good i guess. Once i remember I got pulled over and issued 4 tickets totalling $650 and 11 pts. and I was able to get it reduced to $350 and 0pts. I must find a load of BS to say something like I was speeding due to situation where I had to due to safety reasons such as the car in front abruptly stepped on his brakes and I was forced to switch lanes and had to speed up due to the fast approaching speed of the vehicle behind me. then comes the sympathic "im a college student, unemployed yaty yaty yah bs reasons".

As for the tints, eye doc sounds like a great option, I think im going that route so even if i drive there with my tints on, it would be fine.
Old 04-21-08, 10:29 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
.....not reading replies.....

you dont fight it, you pay it.
sorry mr baller, but f* the POPO I'm not paying for their next round of donuts and bud light at the local strip joint. neither am i going down without a fight, they can have my money over my dead body and that's how passionate i am over traffic cops. reason why I aspire to be an FBI later down so I can literally take a dump on their faces and...in their mouths.

Last edited by tommyjaix; 04-21-08 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-21-08, 10:51 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
sorry mr baller, but f* the POPO I'm not paying for their next round of donuts and bud light at the local strip joint. neither am i going down without a fight, they can have my money over my dead body and that's how passionate i am over traffic cops. reason why I aspire to be an FBI later down so I can literally take a dump on their faces and...in their mouths.
I feel the same way you do but the streets and highways are their playground and they are the boss. I know my tint is illegal and it's a cat and mouse game pretty much. I got cited once in four years and this was in VA even though I have MD tags and paid the $80 fine versus taking the tint off.
Old 04-21-08, 11:06 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they'll probably throw the tint ticket out... i got pulled over for speeding a few weeks ago in nassau county...and the cop also gave me a ticket for "obstructed view" because i had my radar on my windshield and he felt like being a d***.... anyway the speeding ticket would have been 8 points if i plead guilty, instead i hired a traffic lawyer who is right across the street from the court on cooper st. they handled everything, i never had to go to court and she got it pled down to a 2 point violation and the obstructed view ticket was dismissed

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 04-21-08 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-21-08, 11:10 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

okay, what's gonna happen is that I'm going to fill out the window tint application form from the DMV and have a doctor note it and such and have it dismissed. I'm going to plead not guilty to the speeding ticket and look for a trial date, from what i heard cooper st. is so backed up that I won't receive a trial date for the ticket until 2 years down the road and by that time the cop probly wouldnt even show up and if he does I'll just postpone it another year and see what happens.
Old 04-21-08, 11:12 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
they'll probably throw the tint ticket out... i got pulled over for speeding a few weeks ago in nassau county...and the cop also gave me a ticket for "obstructed view" because i had my radar on my windshield and he felt like being a d***.... anyway the speeding ticket would have been 8 points if i plead guilty, instead i hired a traffic lawyer who is right across the street from the court on cooper st. they handled everything, i never had to go to court and she got it pled down to a 2 point violation and the obstructed view ticket was dismissed
wow...impressive, cat. Was this case handled at 16 Cooper st.? and 8pts, how fast were you going? and, phew...lol, how much was the lawyer fee?
Old 04-21-08, 11:18 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
okay, what's gonna happen is that I'm going to fill out the window tint application form from the DMV and have a doctor note it and such and have it dismissed. I'm going to plead not guilty to the speeding ticket and look for a trial date, from what i heard cooper st. is so backed up that I won't receive a trial date for the ticket until 2 years down the road and by that time the cop probly wouldnt even show up and if he does I'll just postpone it another year and see what happens.
forward me a link to this application please

Quick Reply: how to fight a tint ticket???