LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I Just Factory Ordered a 2008 LS460L Exec. Package . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 05:09 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts
Wink I Just Factory Ordered a 2008 LS460L Exec. Package . . .

Put a deposit down, but color combinations still undecided, I have the end of this month to decide, since they won't order the car until early January (they only do it once a month).

I have narrowed down to Truffle/Alabaster, Noble Spinel/cashmere, & may still consider Black Sapphire/cashmere . . . sigh I have been thinking about this color decision for months . . .
Old 12-08-07, 05:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

congrats on the order andrew will be answering your pm soon, been very busy running around!
Old 12-08-07, 05:55 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You have one vote for Truffle/Alabaster. That's what I'd like, and I think it would look sharp!

Old 12-08-07, 06:10 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Since mine is Noble Spinel Mica/Cashmere, that's my reccomendation. I really wanted a navy blue color but of course that isn't offered. However, I have to tell you that everyone who sees the car compliments me on the color. You can't go wrong with Noble Spinel Mica. Its just when someone asks you what color did you get, you can't tell them Noble Spinel Mica, they'll have no idea what color you're talking about!

When I ordered my car the dealer told me the same thing about ordering once a month. I thought it was so odd that they were somehow pulling my leg, but it really was true. Glad to hear another dealer follows the same practice.
Old 12-08-07, 06:12 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Put a deposit down, but color combinations still undecided, I have the end of this month to decide, since they won't order the car until early January (they only do it once a month).

I have narrowed down to Truffle/Alabaster, Noble Spinel/cashmere, & may still consider Black Sapphire/cashmere . . . sigh I have been thinking about this color decision for months . . .
Rats, two LS460s on the Plateau...

Which car are you replacing?
Old 12-08-07, 06:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, congratulations on the LS 460 L Exec order!!!

Such tantalizing color combo choices...
Old 12-08-07, 06:53 PM
gatorcb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And then you have 90-120 days of anticipation...as an fyi my order is going to be right at 120 days
Old 12-08-07, 07:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Rats, two LS460s on the Plateau...
Well, I would say possibly 4 or more(?) from what I've seen.

A few weeks ago, I saw a black/black LS460 SWB & I thought it might be you It turned into the Coquitlam shopping mall lot & I followed, out comes a middle-aged Asian lady from the driver's seat & she looks nothing like the person you posted in the Digital Photography forum I then looked at the rear plate, it's an OR Port Moody bracket. So I assume it's not your car ? A few days later, I saw the same car going up the plateau.

I also saw a couple times a Noble Spinel/cashmere LS460 SWB along St. John's street & again near the Eagle's Ridge Hospital, so I assume he lives nearby, not sure if it's the plateau though since I never saw him driving up there.

I also saw a Smoky Granite/black 460L a couple times near the Coquitlam shopping center ...

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Which car are you replacing?
Oh, & it's definitely the G35 coupe , but there's a very slight chance that I might decide to keep it too, I still have until March/April to decide.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 12-08-07 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-08-07, 07:26 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Since mine is Noble Spinel Mica/Cashmere, that's my reccomendation. I really wanted a navy blue color but of course that isn't offered. However, I have to tell you that everyone who sees the car compliments me on the color. You can't go wrong with Noble Spinel Mica. Its just when someone asks you what color did you get, you can't tell them Noble Spinel Mica, they'll have no idea what color you're talking about!
Just looking at the paint itself, Noble Spinel Mica is probably the most gorgeous to look at among all but on the car, I find Truffle & Black Sapphire to be at least as nice in their own way, I like ALL of them, that's why it took me so long & I still can't decide yet

Actually I like Smoky Granite too, but in Canada, it only comes with the black or the gray leather, which I don't want.

I actually think Obsidian black looks very nice too, but it's way too common, I would say black-on-black is the combo I've seen the most here so far.
Old 12-08-07, 07:33 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gatorcb
And then you have 90-120 days of anticipation...as an fyi my order is going to be right at 120 days
I was told it's going to be 3 months, so I don't think I will get it probably until April.
Old 12-08-07, 07:41 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
You have one vote for Truffle/Alabaster. That's what I'd like, and I think it would look sharp!

Yeah I've sat in a car with this combination before, & I think I started a thread about how much I like it here, but Truffle Mica is the color exclusive for the Launch Edition LS600hL in the U.S. & still not available for the LS460 in the U.S. right ?
Old 12-08-07, 07:52 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what color is truffle? is it the special edition color on the neiman marcus LS600? but i like black sapphire, I think and lexus that has this dark blue with the chrom accents looked awesome, i too like noble spinel, it a nice color as well
Old 12-08-07, 07:53 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I've sat in a car with this combination before, & I think I started a thread about how much I like it here, but Truffle Mica is the color exclusive for the Launch Edition LS600hL in the U.S. & still not available for the LS460 in the U.S. right ?
The literature here simply says "Available early 2008". Others here may know more about that, as I haven't talked to anyone about it, and I haven't seen it either.

My 1990 LS400 had a color somewhat like it, if I'm reading the color chip right - I forget what they called it then, but it was best described as a kind of "taupe' color, or a silvery brown. Very rich, and it has the additional quality of not showing dust and dirt!

Old 12-08-07, 09:58 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope your order goes to your satisfaction!

Just curious, how do you plan on using the Exec package?
Old 12-08-07, 11:17 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Well, I certainly won't be benifitting from the Executive seat 95%+ of the time since I would be driving it myself mostly. I couldn't even stretch out fully in that seat anyway at my height(5'11"), but the person who would enjoy it the most is "little people" like my mother, she's just over 5' & she'd love it

Actually, one of the main reasons that I decided to go with the Executive Package is because I want the air suspension, & in Canada, you only have 2 options : you have to get either the Touring Package or the Executive Package to get that.
Like in the U.S., you cannot get the rear-seat upgrade with the Touring Package, not even premium leather plus a few other options.
I would have considered the Touring Package too if I can get more options with it.
The 5-seater package with the rear-seat upgrade, etc., does not come with air suspension.

Plus to me, it's not a real 5-seater anyway with that big hump over the "middle seat" at the back, who would be comfortable sitting there anyway ?
Also, I think the Executive Package looks a lot better with those wooden doors & the table on the rear center console, so all things considered, I decided I might as well go for the Executive Package.

Quick Reply: I Just Factory Ordered a 2008 LS460L Exec. Package . . .