CA NIB PPE IS-F Headers For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-16, 02:23 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ISFINFERNO is looking to buy headers he has a thread about looking to purchase headers and exhaust so I just bumped it to top so he can see your for sale thread .
Old 01-27-16, 09:06 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Still available.

Ken.
Old 01-28-16, 05:39 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

what is the difference between the ones you have for sale and the ones on the ppe site. I keep reading that they have a newer design so I'm trying to understand this before I make you an offer. I already got the exhaust from JM Auto so now I need the headers. since I'm going super charger I want to make sure I have everything they recommended me.
Old 01-28-16, 03:41 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ISFinferno
what is the difference between the ones you have for sale and the ones on the ppe site. I keep reading that they have a newer design so I'm trying to understand this before I make you an offer. I already got the exhaust from JM Auto so now I need the headers. since I'm going super charger I want to make sure I have everything they recommended me.
The only differences between my headers and those described on the PPE website are stainless steel catalytic converters as an option and there is no longer a need to relocate the dip stick tube. Earlier in this thread, there was discussion about mild steel versus stainless steel and that PPE had a new stainless steel version available. If that is the case, it is not reflected on its website. Regardless, I have no desire to repeat that discussion and my price remains firm at $1400. Thanks for your interest.

Ken.
Old 01-29-16, 11:08 AM
kitsune
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KJH
What is your First & Last name? Ken Henderson
What is your email? avkhenderson@earthlink.net
What is your phone number? -Optional: PM for number
What is your City? : Grand Terrace
What is your State? : CA
What is your Zipcode? : 92313

I am selling these headers for $1,400.00 (firm) picked up or $1400.00, plus shipping and insurance, for those requiring such services. Please reply to this thread or PM me if interested. DO NOT email me.

Preferred method of payment: Cash; certified check; no Paypal; no dibs; first verified funds received wins the prize.

Thanks for looking.

Ken.
I want these but a little concerned....Scam waiting to happen...
Old 01-29-16, 11:45 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah I still don't understand why seller can't open box so we can see the item? Picture of a box doesn't do any good.
Old 01-29-16, 12:00 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't unbox them if I were him either. The way they are packaged, you'd be very likely to scratch them trying to get them back in the box. I wouldn't want to risk that either.
Old 01-29-16, 01:49 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

pardon my ignorance but would this pass smog if used in conjunction with I/E? thanks!
Old 01-29-16, 02:22 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kitsune
You have no basis for making this scurrilous accusation. I have never used paypal. This is only the second time I have attempted to sell something on CL but, on Supraforums in particular, I have a 100% rating, obtained without the use of paypal. I am almost always the buyer, rather than seller, but I decided to start selling parts acquired over time for the four performance vehicles I own (with another on the way). I need the space and I have quality parts, like these headers, others may be able put to good use.

If you do not want these headers, please do not clutter up this thread with your unsupported public musings about whether or not I am an honest seller.

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Yeah I still don't understand why seller can't open box so we can see the item? Picture of a box doesn't do any good.
I have already explained why I will not open the box. I have also explained that, if the headers are sold, and something besides headers are in the box (HIGHLY unlikely), I will return the purchaser's money as soon as the items are returned to me. One of my pics is one of the PPE Engineering packing slip. If an unopened box, and a packing slip from the manufacturer is not enough, I am sorry this is insufficient for you and it appears there is little potential for us do business in this regard.

Ken.
Old 01-29-16, 02:25 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by STLblueF
I wouldn't unbox them if I were him either. The way they are packaged, you'd be very likely to scratch them trying to get them back in the box. I wouldn't want to risk that either.
This guy gets it.

Originally Posted by geero
pardon my ignorance but would this pass smog if used in conjunction with I/E? thanks!
Some have reported passing smog with the primary cats in place and the secondary cats removed as the result of an aftermarket exhaust installation. If all four cats are removed as a result of the installation of headers and an exhaust, I see no way for the car to pass smog in California where I reside.

Ken.
Old 01-29-16, 02:34 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

In California now they use the obd2 scanner code reader . They don't put anything in tailpipe anymore. I have muffler delete and secondary cats removed and passed . They are looking for CEL codes . There's a thread about this Cali smog that states this for people with I/H/E passed smog . And me also wouldn't open box the buyer wouldn't consider them new anymore this isn't Walmart.
Old 01-29-16, 04:49 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are REALLY concerned about getting scammed find someone who lives near KJH and ask him/her to buy it for you. So they can check it out in person and even ship it to your address. I sold bunch of items that were in their boxes and until you hand me the money I am not going to open the box for you. Because if the person who asked me to open to box end up changing his mind I don't want to explain to the next buyer why the box was opened etc. I totally see where the seller is coming from, and if he was trying to scam people he wouldn't have offered the "picked up" option.
Old 01-29-16, 05:33 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I can also confirm that the box I received my headers in looked exactly like that. Based on Kens history on the forum and participating in the group buy, I am highly confident that you are getting exactly what is advertised here.
Old 01-29-16, 08:13 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kitsune
Havent done any business with Ken (KJH), but I'm sure someone from Supraforums will vouch for him.
Old 01-30-16, 06:06 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Headers

If I could swing these at things the moment I would have no problem with these because of the coating. They will be gone shortly.
GLWS Ken

Quick Reply: CA NIB PPE IS-F Headers For Sale