Search this Thread

Old 01-11-16, 12:15 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

This is what I mean buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bori973 View Post
Just finished this mod today everything works great the only thing now is that my AFS light is blinking in the car. Any way to fix this problem
Simple way to get the light to stop blinking: Pull the AFS fuse under the drivers dash. This may also disable auto leveling, not sure...I don't really care though.
Old 01-11-16, 12:18 PM
PAVGR
Racer

It can be done but for us that have AFS function we will loose it if I understand correctly
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...on-how-to.html
Old 01-11-16, 12:24 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by PAVGR
It can be done but for us that have AFS function we will loose it if I understand correctly
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...on-how-to.html
Gotcha buddy., from my understanding people were having the issue with the DRL lights coming on. not with the AFS, but that again might just be Pin Wiring issue as i know the pin order on the 06-10 models are setup different then the later model with LED lights. let me do a bit more search and i'll get back to you if i find a fix. i would have to compare the wiring pin for the AFS on both headlight units.

Where theres a WILL theres a WAY. lol
l
BTW i just ordered a set of 2012 LED Headlights

Last edited by St4nc3; 01-11-16 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-11-16, 09:01 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Originally Posted by St4nc3
Gotcha buddy., from my understanding people were having the issue with the DRL lights coming on. not with the AFS, but that again might just be Pin Wiring issue as i know the pin order on the 06-10 models are setup different then the later model with LED lights. let me do a bit more search and i'll get back to you if i find a fix. i would have to compare the wiring pin for the AFS on both headlight units.

Where theres a WILL theres a WAY. lol
l
BTW i just ordered a set of 2012 LED Headlights
Thanks buddy,i hope there is a way!Congrats on your new headlights,i love them
Old 01-12-16, 12:46 AM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, i love ongoing conversation. Like i stated before i dont mean to bash anyone or make them feel bad when it comes to stating opinions, but just to clarify on what type of Headlights are equipped with AFS and whats not. ALL 2006-2013 HID headlights are equipped with AFS as thats a standard feature for all HID units ALL 2011-2013 LED HID headlights are ALL equipped with AFS as they made it a standard feature for the LED headlights unit. I believe the 2006-2013 Halogen headlights where the only units without AFS. all Headlight units equipped with AFS all auto level Up and DOWN when the car is turned on. left and right with the sensing of the electrical Rack and pinion when turning. its not noticeable because it slightly moves left and right when you making and right angle turn and its only between 3-5deg of angle change when turning to compensate for the blind spots. and its even less noticeable when your fogs are on because of the wide spread of the fog light.
You are dead wrong, and continue to confuse people who may not know better. See what I wrote in my previous post for the correct answer. You need any further info feel free to PM me.
Old 01-12-16, 07:08 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NorCalIS
To clear this all up, Calvin and PAVGR above are correct.

2006-2010 HIDs Headlights came with AFS on the isx50 and ISF models.
2011-2014 HID headlights DO NOT COME with AFS. There is no room in the headlight for both the AFS motor, and the LED strip.
2006-2014 HID headlights ALL come with self leveling.
Sorry buddy but i'm not confusing anyone here. as you stated above 2011-2014 HID headlights DO NOT COME WITH AFS. i just attached a picture of a 2011-2014 HID LED headlight with AFS. believe me i already looked into both headlight units and the reason it doesnt work for our 06-10 ISx50 is because the AFS motor is wired different.

2011-2014 LED HID headlight which you stated does not come with AFS because theres no space.

There's your AFS motor right in the middle of the unit.
Old 01-12-16, 11:49 AM
PAVGR
Racer

If you are right buddy you will make a lot of people happy (including myself).If you don't.....
Old 01-12-16, 03:11 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry buddy but i'm not confusing anyone here. as you stated above 2011-2014 HID headlights DO NOT COME WITH AFS. i just attached a picture of a 2011-2014 HID LED headlight with AFS. believe me i already looked into both headlight units and the reason it doesnt work for our 06-10 ISx50 is because the AFS motor is wired different. 2011-2014 LED HID headlight which you stated does not come with AFS because theres no space. There's your AFS motor right in the middle of the unit.
Nope that is the self leveling unit motor. Like I said. Look you can debate with me all day, but I'm onto my second 2is, and I've personally broken down and put back together both versions of these headlights. Looks like this is your first. Stop leading people to misinformation if you do not know for sure. THERE IS NO AFS in the LED version of the headlights ONLY self leveling. PERIOD. End debate. You can even ask the guys on here who have relationships with Lexus corporate.
Old 01-12-16, 03:13 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PAVGR
If you are right buddy you will make a lot of people happy (including myself).If you don't.....
Unfortunately he's wrong. I wish he wasn't, I wasn't super excited to loose AFS when I upgraded.
Old 01-12-16, 06:29 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Unfortunately he's wrong. I wish he wasn't, I wasn't super excited to loose AFS when I upgraded.
Ok this is my reason to argue my statement. Straight from lexus parts, now please keep saying i'm wrong, because i can keep arguing the fact that these headligts do come with AFS and autoleveling.

What AFS really is.

Searching a 2012 lexus ISx50 headlight

As i stated ALL 2011-2013 come with AFS and auto leveling even the Korean SPEC have AFS.

So please Humor me some more in saying i'm wrong.
Old 01-12-16, 06:39 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Ok this is my reason to argue my statement. Straight from lexus parts, now please keep saying i'm wrong, because i can keep arguing the fact that these headligts do come with AFS and autoleveling. What AFS really is. Searching a 2012 lexus ISx50 headlight As i stated ALL 2011-2013 come with AFS and auto leveling even the Korean SPEC have AFS. So please Humor me some more in saying i'm wrong.
I guess the AFS motors were just mysteriously missing then when I took the headlights apart lol. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I know what I saw when I took both sets apart. But thank you for providing the interesting spec sheets. You said to correct you if you were wrong, I did, and now you refuse to accept it. Good luck OP, I sincerely apologize for this useless argument.
Old 01-12-16, 10:40 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This is the most entertaining classified post in so long... with all the buddy talk I kinda pictured two old friends shoulder checking each other in a narrow hallway kind of meaning it but not really. I was checking this thread to see who chimed in with a set for sale but this read was way better than spending money.
Old 01-13-16, 06:21 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

I guess the AFS motors were just mysteriously missing then when I took the headlights apart lol. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I know what I saw when I took both sets apart. But thank you for providing the interesting spec sheets. You said to correct you if you were wrong, I did, and now you refuse to accept it. Good luck OP, I sincerely apologize for this useless argument.
lol, like i stated before i wasnt here to argue, i was just stating the facts that i have to back up what i said and what i stated was simply info from the lexus website. so is it to say any of us are wrong or right when its lexus info throwing people off. and yes i did say to correct me if im wrong and believe me im not mad about it. but like i said i ordered a set of 2012 LED HID headlights which will be here next week. if you want i can update you with what i come across with. maybe you can help me set mine up since you have experience in the swap already and what parts i need to make them work
Old 01-13-16, 06:27 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
This is the most entertaining classified post in so long... with all the buddy talk I kinda pictured two old friends shoulder checking each other in a narrow hallway kind of meaning it but not really. I was checking this thread to see who chimed in with a set for sale but this read was way better than spending money.
lol nah no beef here, just a small back and fourth about the LED headlights on the 11-13 models. with the AFS. but im getting hyped in finding out why the AFS light stays lid up on our dash from the later model headlight units.
Old 01-13-16, 11:49 AM
ISFinferno
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

lol this thread went form my looking to buy the AFS version to getting a full break down. I took it one step further I called Lexus direct. they assured me that the newer models due in fact have AFS its a feature they added on most of the cars. I also checked the pins and the reason why the afs light come son its because of the different pin setup. I'm waiting to get a diagram of both my car and the newer version so I can trace the correct pin. if I'm wrong well correct me if I'm wrong. LOL I love that line. also a good way to check if you have the cornering feature is look at the front lower sway bar on the drivers side if you happen to see and electric plug that leads to a little black thing kinda connected to the bar then wollahhhhhhh you have AFS haha.

Now to get to the real point here. does anyone have a set of 2011 lights loaded.

Quick Reply: NJ WTB: 2012 loaded headlights