IL 2013 LED Headlights - Perfect aesthetic and working condition

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-14, 05:32 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2013 LED Headlights - Perfect aesthetic and working condition

This will be a trade, as I need your current headlights to replace the LEDs I will give you. Your headlights need to also be in good aesthetic and working condition.

$1200.

You get: my 2013 LED headlights + flasher relay + old 2009 headlights without balast
I get: $1200 plus your old headlights with balast in good working and aesthetic condition
Old 06-20-14, 05:41 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you're trading 2 sets of headlights for 1 set of headlights and $1200? I'm confused why the 09 headlights are involved.

Were the 2013s purchased from Sewell?
Old 06-20-14, 05:52 AM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-20-14, 05:57 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

The Sewell LEDs headlights needed the balast from your current headlights and some other minor pieces. So yes, you get 2 sets of headlights (if you interpret it as such) for your current set plus $1200, oh plus shipping too.

And these were the Sewells post the yellowing/melting issue they had with the 1st generation.
Old 06-20-14, 06:24 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think what he meant was that you get the 2013 headlight housings with 2009 ballast for your old headlights with ballast. Hieu if your giving 2 sets then this is a freaking deal. lol
Old 06-20-14, 06:51 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm reading this as the buyer will get one set of 2013 LED headlights with the flasher relay, and a set of 09 headlights without ballasts. The seller will receive $1200 and a set of non-LED headlights with ballasts.

This also means that the buyer will need to source out a pair of ballasts to use with the LED headlights.
Old 06-20-14, 06:59 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

You're speaking in past and present tenses so I'm still confused.

Lets make it simple - are the 2013s plug and play or do they need parts (ballast, clips, relay, etc) to make them work?
Old 06-20-14, 07:31 AM
dannyk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds confusing but I've talked to him before when he was still holding off on parting the car. You are buying the 2013 which will be direct swap loaded with ballast. Than he is trading his 2009 without ballast for your non led with ballast. The reason behind this is so he doesn't have to reroute the ballast out of the 2013 headlights and into his old headlights. This way you'll get the 2013 fully assembled and ready to install.
Old 06-20-14, 07:33 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sm1ke
I'm reading this as the buyer will get one set of 2013 LED headlights with the flasher relay, and a set of 09 headlights without ballasts. The seller will receive $1200 and a set of non-LED headlights with ballasts.

This also means that the buyer will need to source out a pair of ballasts to use with the LED headlights.
WRONG!...lol. I can't believe this is hard to understand.

I guess a little history lesson is in order. When Sewell sells the LED headlights, they sell/sold 2 types. The fully loaded one, which includes new balast (aka the HID in your HID headlights that came with the IS-F). The other type was the LED without the ballast. If I remember correctly, it was a $400/$500 difference. People like myself who chose to buy the LED without ballast did so with the intention that we were going to take out the ballast from our old headlights and put them into the new LED headlights. Can't remember exactly, but there were a few other things like some covers and bulbs that also needed to come from the old lights and into the new LED lights.

Since my 2009 headlights no longer have the ballast, the misc bulbs and some screws, so to me they're useless. So to sweeten the deal, I decided to include the old set withe the new LEDs.

Thanks Teo!
Old 06-20-14, 07:35 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dannyk
Sounds confusing but I've talked to him before when he was still holding off on parting the car. You are buying the 2013 which will be direct swap loaded with ballast. Than he is trading his 2009 without ballast for your non led with ballast. The reason behind this is so he doesn't have to reroute the ballast out of the 2013 headlights and into his old headlights. This way you'll get the 2013 fully assembled and ready to install.
THANK YOU! DANNY! BTW, I sent you a text, did you get it?

And yes, I don't recommend any ameature trying to swap the ballast because you have to dismantle it to it's very core before you can pull it off of your old headlights. Even with my experience, I still don't want to mess with it again now that I am selling the LEDs.

Last edited by PurduePete; 06-20-14 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-20-14, 07:44 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
WRONG!...lol. I can't believe this is hard to understand.
It's not hard to understand, but it is easy to misinterpret when you leave out the fact that the 2013 headlights do come with the ballasts. It's an easy (and logical) assumption to make when you state that they come with the relay but say nothing about the ballasts.
Old 06-20-14, 07:48 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

My bad, I see ads all the time with folks parting out with their LEDs and requiring they get your old headlights in return.
Old 06-20-14, 07:50 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Lol Okay I understand now.

So back to the sale... Do you have any pics of the 2013s? Anything wrong with them? Yellowing, hazing of the housing, bubbling, etc?

Also, will you be sending your headlights first in the trade?
Old 06-20-14, 07:55 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Lol Okay I understand now.

So back to the sale... Do you have any pics of the 2013s? Anything wrong with them? Yellowing /hazing, bubbling, etc?

Also, will you be sending your headlights first in the trade?
My IS-F has been a "garage queen" so these LED headlights have seen at the most 5K miles. They are in excellent condition and like I said these were the 2nd generation from Sewell so the yellowing and warping was corrected from the 1st generation.

I will need your headlights first to make sure I have everything I need. Your headlights must be the factory replaced ones due to the TSB regarding condensation that the dealer replaced for free. I prefer your headlights to be 2009 or newer. I'm trying to sell my 2009 IS-F, so I would like a decent pair in return so I can sell my F.
Old 06-21-14, 03:12 PM
tommigsr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PMed you with intent to do the trade/purchase. let me know if you'll approve

Quick Reply: IL 2013 LED Headlights - Perfect aesthetic and working condition