CA 2012+ headlights

Old 04-03-14, 11:20 AM
IS250Vic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
Lol, they are beautiful lights, what can I say. My issue isn't with missing out on this set, others will come along. It's just that I don't appreciate being told one thing, then leaving me out of the loop after he changes his mind about several things, like giving me priority, getting a quote.. Oh and did you guys catch that he raised the price from $750 to $800? Lmao... Then to post in this thread saying "I dont lie or try to seem as solicited, its a good price and Im good on my word.." LOL you better believe I'm going to say something about that.

Anyway, I'm over it and moving on. This set shouldn't have even been sold in this thread, it should have had its own, but that's besides the point.
I agree with your post, however, it does state in the 'Classified Forum Rules' in the stickie:

2. No "Dibs"; calling dibs means absolutely nothing. Who gets the item is the seller's discretion as long as they are not running an auction-style sale. They can reject low offers or even at-asking-price offers based on a number of parameters including first person to send funds, prior experience with buyer, local buyers, etc.

Sure, maybe he could have handled the situation differently with respect to your situation; but the seller really has no obligation to anyone except for the person that provides him with the cash first.

If it makes you feel any better, I am trying to get a deal done for an F-Sport exhaust (i was the first to message him) but the seller decided to give locals priority. I respect that decision since he is not obligated to 'reserve' those parts. If you feel he made that promise to you - whatever the agreement may have been, and went back on his word, I'd probably just hash it out through PM .

Just trying to stay neutral here and keep this thread on track haha.

And to get back on track, I am also looking for a loaded set of LED Headlights (2011/2012). PM ME PLZ.
Old 04-03-14, 11:33 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IS250Vic
I agree with your post, however, it does state in the 'Classified Forum Rules' in the stickie:

2. No "Dibs"; calling dibs means absolutely nothing. Who gets the item is the seller's discretion as long as they are not running an auction-style sale. They can reject low offers or even at-asking-price offers based on a number of parameters including first person to send funds, prior experience with buyer, local buyers, etc.

Sure, maybe he could have handled the situation differently with respect to your situation; but the seller really has no obligation to anyone except for the person that provides him with the cash first.

If it makes you feel any better, I am trying to get a deal done for an F-Sport exhaust (i was the first to message him) but the seller decided to give locals priority. I respect that decision since he is not obligated to 'reserve' those parts. If you feel he made that promise to you - whatever the agreement may have been, and went back on his word, I'd probably just hash it out through PM .

Just trying to stay neutral here and keep this thread on track haha.

And to get back on track, I am also looking for a loaded set of LED Headlights (2011/2012). PM ME PLZ.
Apparently he's got access to another set of 2011s for $1100, I'd suggest PMing him.

I'll reiterate that I never called "dibs", he told me that I had priority, then went back on what he said and raised his price without telling me. Again, I agree that all of this is not against the rules, but if he's going to parade around and tell people he's a standup, trustworthy guy who's good on his word after breaking his word to me, I'm going to say something.

That's my only issue.
Old 04-03-14, 02:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Guys if you aren't selling lights to the op get out of this thread.

If you have some to sell and not to the op, start your own FS thread.

scorpionge, if you are buying and reselling these in bulk, you are going to get banned from the classifieds.

If anyone has questions PM me rather than clutter up this WTB thread
Old 04-03-14, 02:50 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave, if you read my description I recently upgraded to 2013 front end and got new lights in the process which is why I sold my previous set.

As they were asking who had another set of lights I just spoke about a friend of mine

Here is his ride along with mine and he also got 2013 led heads

I truly have no means to get banned as im not scamming or anything im moving my old parts to get new as I recently have gone in a car modding frenzy witb isf parts and fsport as well

If you are in the Facebook page Clublexus his name is Daniel Wen he is Venezuelan/Chinese and doesnt speak english so im just helping out