Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please PM me about the spoliler still interested
Old 09-18-12, 07:18 AM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Issues with seller...
Drove up to Orlando 2.5 hrs. Seller made very little effort to meet to sell roof spoiler the entire weekend. Eneded up leaving Orlando without the roof spoiler and seller did not attempt to respond to me about making other arrangments to purchase part. Not part is listed as sold. If seller got another buyer that is fine but should ofof let all other potential buyes aware that part was sold and not have them drive 2.5 hrs to see them. Not going off just want others to be awar of sellers attitude
Old 09-18-12, 07:28 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by KumarBDH
Issues with seller...
Drove up to Orlando 2.5 hrs. Seller made very little effort to meet to sell roof spoiler the entire weekend. Eneded up leaving Orlando without the roof spoiler and seller did not attempt to respond to me about making other arrangments to purchase part. Not part is listed as sold. If seller got another buyer that is fine but should ofof let all other potential buyes aware that part was sold and not have them drive 2.5 hrs to see them. Not going off just want others to be awar of sellers attitude
That sucks but sometimes people are just BUSY and cars dont come first. I know he doesnt even have his IS any more and selling parts off isnt a financial priority. The seller is a stand up guy for sure and communicates clearly and timely. I'm sure something happ. and its unfortunate you had to waste time. Hopefully things get smoothed over as I know the seller is a damn good guy!
Old 09-18-12, 09:13 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Issues with seller...
You came up on a vacation to hang out with your friends asked if I still had it and you were trying to get me to drive about 30 minutes from my house to your hotel.

I asked you to paypal me the money first since you didn't have cash so it wouldn't be a waste of a drive. You didn't want to send the funds first and things came up. Another buyer decided to DRIVE to me and pick it up the next day.

I try to make purchases as easy as I can for both myself and the buyer, but it just got too difficult and I wasn't going to drive out of my way for you not to have any cash if you decided you wanted it.

Again thanks for the interest and sorry it didn't work out.

If anyone has any comment please take it to pms thanks!

Last edited by meangene; 09-18-12 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-18-12, 09:18 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikellucci
That sucks but sometimes people are just BUSY and cars dont come first. I know he doesnt even have his IS any more and selling parts off isnt a financial priority. The seller is a stand up guy for sure and communicates clearly and timely. I'm sure something happ. and its unfortunate you had to waste time. Hopefully things get smoothed over as I know the seller is a damn good guy!
Thanks for the vouch Mike! really appreciate it!!!!
Old 09-18-12, 09:37 AM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by meangene
You came up on a vacation to hang out with your friends asked if I still had it and you were trying to get me to drive about 30 minutes from my house to your hotel.

I asked you to paypal me the money first since you didn't have cash so it wouldn't be a waste of a drive. You didn't want to send the funds first and things came up. Another buyer decided to DRIVE to me and pick it up the next day.

I try to make purchases as easy as I can for both myself and the buyer, but it just got too difficult and I wasn't going to drive out of my way for you not to have any cash if you decided you wanted it.

Again thanks for the interest and sorry it didn't work out.

If anyone has any comment please take it to pms thanks!

Yes but i also came up for the spoiler.... So i must paypal you fund and then not see the product. What if there was something on it I didnt like. Even if I decided to pay you cash you would have to wait till we met to get the cash so whats the diffence with waiting till we met and i see the product to get the payment? As a seller you should also make things easier for the buyer also. I had already droven up 2.5 hrs to orlando and then must drive an extra 30 min to meet you where you cant even make it 1/3 of the way. I had the funds for the spoile and had all the intention to buy. I wasnt the drive of the car and it wasnt my car to drive all around Orlando. I didnt want to inconvience my friends and have them have to drive me all around Orlando. And you even said the hotel was by your gym so it would be no issue ot meet at the hotel.
Old 09-18-12, 09:54 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

It sucks for you KumarBDH, as I know you really wanted it. I can understand wanting to see the product before paying for it. However, it should be understood that cash is king. If you have the actual cash to give to him at the time of transaction, its more of a guaranteed sale.

Imagine it from his point of view. He meets up with you to sell the item, and you decide you want it. Now what? You don't have the actual money to pay him. He's not just going to give you the item and hope that you make payment via paypal later. There's just too much risk involved. Now, of course you could have met up, made payment via paypal using your smartphone, and he could verify payment on his smartphone, but then it becomes very tedious and there is a lot of waiting. Why would he bother with that when he has someone who can meet him at his place, give him cash for the sale, and be done with it right then and there?

I understand not wanting to inconvenience your friends because you didn't drive your own car. But you should understand that you are the buyer, you're the one who wants the product, therefore you should be making arrangements to get to him, not the other way around.
Old 09-18-12, 10:52 AM
RyanR317
Rookie

Yes but i also came up for the spoiler.... So i must paypal you fund and then not see the product. What if there was something on it I didnt like. Even if I decided to pay you cash you would have to wait till we met to get the cash so whats the diffence with waiting till we met and i see the product to get the payment? As a seller you should also make things easier for the buyer also. I had already droven up 2.5 hrs to orlando and then must drive an extra 30 min to meet you where you cant even make it 1/3 of the way. I had the funds for the spoile and had all the intention to buy. I wasnt the drive of the car and it wasnt my car to drive all around Orlando. I didnt want to inconvience my friends and have them have to drive me all around Orlando. And you even said the hotel was by your gym so it would be no issue ot meet at the hotel.
You not wanting to inconvenience your friends by having them drive you to meet the seller is not the seller's problem, it is yours.
Old 09-18-12, 01:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Guys, take this to PM. Seller decides who he wants to sell to and his rationale above is reasonable.
Old 09-24-12, 05:18 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

bump! still have some stuff left make some offers if you're local even better
Old 09-26-12, 06:23 AM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ughhh im too late for gfx kit woahhhhhhhh
Old 09-26-12, 01:05 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you PM price for door sills shipped to 10312?

Additionally do they come with the necessary wiring? and to where should i tap into (was thinking the red door lights but don't know if there is a better spot)

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-27-12, 08:37 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Can you PM price for door sills shipped to 10312?

Additionally do they come with the necessary wiring? and to where should i tap into (was thinking the red door lights but don't know if there is a better spot)

Thanks in advance!
pmed and bump
Old 10-04-12, 10:22 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

take to top!!!

Quick Reply: FL Miscellaneous 2IS parts