IL FS/FT: Carbon fiber hood for ISX50

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-11, 05:34 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FS/FT: Carbon fiber hood for ISX50

Hello, I got a carbon fiber hood soon to arrive in the mail. Got it after my hood got messed up in an accident. I'm plan to get it painted as soon I get it but wanted to know if anyone's interested in trading hoods. It'll be an even swap if you got an Obsidian Black colored hood still in good condition. Looking for a trade only! Pics up as soon as I get it. Thanks!

Last edited by chi123; 12-19-11 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-19-11, 09:39 PM
leek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chi123
Hello, I got a carbon fiber hood soon to arrive in the mail. Got it after my hood got messed up in an accident. I'm plan to get it painted as soon I get it but wanted to know if anyone's interested in trading hoods. It'll be an even swap if you got an Obsidian Black colored hood still in good condition. Looking for a trade only! Pics up as soon as I get it. Thanks!
I'd love to trade with you, but I'm in NC

Let me know, I'll pay for shipping.

Last edited by leek; 12-20-11 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-20-11, 12:26 AM
Marexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would trade you but I'm in FL...Greyhound shipping is resonable though when I've shipped large items with them
Old 12-20-11, 11:12 AM
Khandfw
Driver

Where did you get the CB hood and how much did it run ya
Old 12-20-11, 10:17 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

For those who are willing to ship, I'll be happy to ship mine to you. You just got to pay for shipping of your hood to me and I'll pay to ship it to you.
Old 12-21-11, 06:35 AM
leek
Driver

For those who are willing to ship, I'll be happy to ship mine to you. You just got to pay for shipping of your hood to me and I'll pay to ship it to you.
I'll be glad to do this - any pics of your hood? Is this a Seibon CF hood? Any other info would be helpful...
Old 12-21-11, 08:37 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

I sent you PM awhile ago, no response? Pic?
Old 12-21-11, 11:57 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by two2tone
I sent you PM awhile ago, no response? Pic?
When you say your hood is 8.5 out of 10. What is wrong with it? Depending on the shipping cost, would you rather meet up half way if driving will be cheaper?
Old 12-21-11, 11:58 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by leek
I'll be glad to do this - any pics of your hood? Is this a Seibon CF hood? Any other info would be helpful...
Yes, it's Seibon. I'll post up pictures as soon as I receive it but shipping is slow right now.
Old 12-21-11, 01:16 PM
leek
Driver

Yes, it's Seibon. I'll post up pictures as soon as I receive it but shipping is slow right now.
Let me know if it doesn't work out with two2tone and I will grab this ASAP.
Old 12-21-11, 01:31 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

When you say your hood is 8.5 out of 10. What is wrong with it? Depending on the shipping cost, would you rather meet up half way if driving will be cheaper?
I'll take pic for you. Normal rock chips (small) only noticeable if you look really hard. It's really 9/10 IMO but I took off .5 because others might think differently. Half way drive sounds good but... not with this current snowy weather... My car is too low and will not make it lol... Also I may be planning to get the new Retro HID and it looks like you're in need of a headlight?

Last edited by two2tone; 12-21-11 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-21-11, 04:14 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Let me know if it doesn't work out with two2tone and I will grab this ASAP.
Could you also post a picture of the condition of your hood? Trying to get the one that is in better condition. Preferably less paint swirls cause my old hood annoyed the crap out of me with the all swirls in it.
Old 12-21-11, 04:18 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by two2tone
I'll take pic for you. Normal rock chips (small) only noticeable if you look really hard. It's really 9/10 IMO but I took off .5 because others might think differently. Half way drive sounds good but... not with this current snowy weather... My car is too low and will not make it lol... Also I may be planning to get the new Retro HID and it looks like you're in need of a headlight?
I see lol, here in Chicago, there's only been 1 inch of snow so far this winter, which is a surprise. I want to try out my new snow tires but can't just yet haha. I do need a driver side headlight but mainly the plastic lens. I was painting mine in like 30 degree weather but didn't give the paint enough time to dry. When I flipped the headlight over to put the screws back on, wet paint dripped onto the inside of the lens. I couldn't get it off so I sprayed paint stripper on the lens and it actually ate up the plastic. It literally looks like someone threw up on my headlights...
Old 12-22-11, 08:08 AM
leek
Driver

Could you also post a picture of the condition of your hood? Trying to get the one that is in better condition. Preferably less paint swirls cause my old hood annoyed the crap out of me with the all swirls in it.
Sorry it is raining here so I tried to dry off one side as best as I could and zoom in. If you're serious about the swap, I will take some much better pictures. The hood is in good condition, nothing more than the wear you'd expect from a 2008. I'm not saying it is mint condition, but I had to look closely (inches away) and turn my head to the side to find any imperfections.

Click for larger image
FS/FT: Carbon fiber hood for ISX50-zs7ywm.jpg
FS/FT: Carbon fiber hood for ISX50-qmfpem.jpg
Old 12-22-11, 12:13 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry it is raining here so I tried to dry off one side as best as I could and zoom in. If you're serious about the swap, I will take some much better pictures. The hood is in good condition, nothing more than the wear you'd expect from a 2008. I'm not saying it is mint condition, but I had to look closely (inches away) and turn my head to the side to find any imperfections.

Click for larger image

Looks pretty good to me. Just one more picture in direct sunlight when you get the chance lol.

Quick Reply: IL FS/FT: Carbon fiber hood for ISX50