Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts

You have PM!
Old 10-09-14, 05:42 AM
SZA
Pit Crew

Still have the rack and pinion bushings?
Old 10-15-14, 10:52 AM
klam208
Driver School Candidate

I purchased the badges from Rocky5 about 2 months ago and they are the wrong ones. I asked if they are for the 2gs and he said they are. The ones he sent me are for the 97 es300 and are not the right size. After I contacted him about the situation and he asked what I would like to do. I told him him I would like my money back and I would even eat the shipping cost. I have not heard from him since after multiple messages since I bought the badges in August. His profile has shown he is logging in and active on CL. I didn't want to make this public but I just wanted to warn others before they purchase from Rocky5.
Old 10-17-14, 01:17 AM
rocky5
Driver

Originally Posted by klam208
I purchased the badges from Rocky5 about 2 months ago and they are the wrong ones. I asked if they are for the 2gs and he said they are. The ones he sent me are for the 97 es300 and are not the right size. After I contacted him about the situation and he asked what I would like to do. I told him him I would like my money back and I would even eat the shipping cost. I have not heard from him since after multiple messages since I bought the badges in August. His profile has shown he is logging in and active on CL. I didn't want to make this public but I just wanted to warn others before they purchase from Rocky5.
Proceed to your initial inquiry on the bottom of page 2. My reply to you was "from what I found out, they're all the same". I never said they belong to a specific model! I've interchanged badges before from different lexus models and from experience the ones used fit perfectly....but if it isn't enough for you to research on your own even after having the part number very legible and clear you'd see which car they pertain to. My Ad. does not state what car they are for, that's why the part #'s were listed!!!
Old 10-21-14, 06:08 PM
klam208
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rocky5
Proceed to your initial inquiry on the bottom of page 2. My reply to you was "from what I found out, they're all the same". I never said they belong to a specific model! I've interchanged badges before from different lexus models and from experience the ones used fit perfectly....but if it isn't enough for you to research on your own even after having the part number very legible and clear you'd see which car they pertain to. My Ad. does not state what car they are for, that's why the part #'s were listed!!!
Well they are NOT the same, the ones you sold me are a lot bigger than the ones used for a 2gs. I did do research with the part numbers and they came up for the es and I stated that (in my initial inquiry) that's why I asked if you think they would fit. I figured since you are posting in the 2gs section that you have a 2gs and matched the emblems to see if they are similar. It was obvious right away they are different sized. Your answer "from what I found out, they're all the same" is wrong and why I bought them. A simple "I'm not sure if the fit" would of made me look else where. You shouldn't post if for sale in the 2gs section and say with your experience it will fit if you don't know for sure. Your experience and false advertising is why I want my refund. I was patient and even nice enough to offer to pay for return shipping but you haven't responded until I made this public.
Old 10-21-14, 06:37 PM
klam208
Driver School Candidate

I'm sorry for the delayed response. The badges, as I was informed, fit the second gen gs. I never tried on mine because I went badgeless on my car. I am honestly sorry for that. What would you like to do??

This was YOUR response after I received the badges and contacted you about them being wrong(go ahead and check your outbox 8-31-14). YOU still thought it was for the 2gs, even AFTER I told you in my initial inquiry it was for an es. So please don't try to tell me to do my research to cover your own ***. You should take your own advice and stop scamming others.
Old 10-23-14, 07:07 AM
rocky5
Driver

This was YOUR response after I received the badges and contacted you about them being wrong(go ahead and check your outbox 8-31-14). YOU still thought it was for the 2gs, even AFTER I told you in my initial inquiry it was for an es. So please don't try to tell me to do my research to cover your own ***. You should take your own advice and stop scamming others.
Scamming??? Cover my ***??? Man get over yourself. Reading is comprehension sir, try again and re-read my reply, attempt to understand my initial reply with logic, I never at no point said they fit a 2gs!!! "The badges, as I was informed, fit the second gen gs. I never tried on mine because I went badgeless on my car" I've used other emblems from other models successfully. Furthermore, because of that same reason (parts interchangeability) I also posted several other items like the fuel pump filter, bushings that fit other models, I even posted the same Ad in the sc classifieds! and (if) you pay close attention, you'd see the only item that has part numbers listed are the emblems, your carelessness is not my mistake but yours. Again, at no point did I say they were for a 2gs. Scammer?? I've sold higher value items on here before without a complaint, calling me a scammer over $45 emblems to justify your incompetency for failure to search and confirm a questionable item whose part #'s are the only ones listed makes me lol
Old 10-23-14, 11:53 PM
klam208
Driver School Candidate

Scamming??? Cover my ***??? Man get over yourself. Reading is comprehension sir, try again and re-read my reply, attempt to understand my initial reply with logic, I never at no point said they fit a 2gs!!! "The badges, as I was informed, fit the second gen gs. I never tried on mine because I went badgeless on my car" I've used other emblems from other models successfully. Furthermore, because of that same reason (parts interchangeability) I also posted several other items like the fuel pump filter, bushings that fit other models, I even posted the same Ad in the sc classifieds! and (if) you pay close attention, you'd see the only item that has part numbers listed are the emblems, your carelessness is not my mistake but yours. Again, at no point did I say they were for a 2gs. Scammer?? I've sold higher value items on here before without a complaint, calling me a scammer over $45 emblems to justify your incompetency for failure to search and confirm a questionable item whose part #'s are the only ones listed makes me lol
Are you serious? I told you they are for a es300 from the beginning and asked for your advice. I thought I was buying something from a knowledgeable fellow CL member. Not some shady no refunds sales person. The whole time your attitude was Yeah man it fits! My buddy told me it works! So I believed you, but you were wrong. That stands for a refund. If you really want to stand by saying you never said the exact words "They fit the 2gs" then fine.I guess you tricked me by saying "The badges, as I was informed, fit the second gen gs. I never tried on mine because I went badgeless on my car" and "I do recall doing a sizing mock up and it appeared to fit, but again, was just a eye test kinda thing". I bought them specifically for a 2gs and asked if you knew if they would work. The whole time you were leading me to yes, they would. When I wanted a refund and even offered to pay return shipping, you stopped responding. I would say you scammed me out of $45.
Old 10-24-14, 12:09 PM
rocky5
Driver

Are you serious? I told you they are for a es300 from the beginning and asked for your advice. I thought I was buying something from a knowledgeable fellow CL member. Not some shady no refunds sales person. The whole time your attitude was Yeah man it fits! My buddy told me it works! So I believed you, but you were wrong. That stands for a refund. If
you really want to stand by saying you never said the exact words "They fit the 2gs" then fine.I guess you tricked me by saying "The badges, as I was informed, fit the second gen gs. I never tried on mine because I went badgeless on my car" and "I do recall doing a sizing mock up and it appeared to fit, but again, was just a eye test kinda thing". I bought them specifically for a 2gs and asked if you knew if they would work. The whole time you were leading me to yes, they would. When I wanted a refund and even offered to pay return shipping, you stopped responding. I would say you scammed me out of $45.
Yes I'm very serious!! Are you?
I invite you to read over your reply. Perhaps then you'd see you're in the wrong.
On 8/26 you pm'd me saying "I received the emblems, just want to let you know they are the wrong size for the 2gs. They only fit 1997 es300". I'd like to know how is it that you put the part # in Sewell and expect to have a different outcome when you receive them. You purchased them knowing a lot more about them than me. You paid knowing Sewell stated they're for a 97 es. I told you I've interchanged badges from other models and they do fit. I can't say any less or any more because that's all I know. As far as tricking you??? No sir, I'm not tricking you, it's called being honest!!! I don't need to trick anyone for $45. Get over yourself. It's not that I want to stand by saying that I never said they fit a 2gs, is that indeed I never said they did. All the information I knew about the badges weren't orchestrated or anything, I never tried them on to see, I told you they were still wrapped in the dealer package because I went badgeless. I also told you from a visual mock up, they "appear" to fit. And I emphasized it by saying "again, it's just an eye test kinda thing". So I don't need to lead you to thinking that they do fit, I was as honest as I could possibly be, I didn't know they were for a es300 until you told me so! But was it that hard for you do to your part and verify if they fit your car prior and all of this BS would have been avoided??? I did post the part numbers for a reason you know.

Last edited by rocky5; 10-24-14 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-24-14, 12:57 PM
klam208
Driver School Candidate

Like you have been saying. Some emblems are interchangeable, so I was taking your advice that these emblems are a close chance at being the same. When if you really even did a close mockup with your eyes you can see right away they are different. I'll send you a picture when I get home just to show you how off your eyes are. You admitted you also believed they were to fit and it was an honest mistake and ask where we should go from here. All I wanted was to send you back the emblems for my money back, No harm no foul. Since you didn't want to respond through PM I had to share my experience with dealing with you. You still could of responded though PM but instead you would rather break down what you said word for word and why I didn't read between the lines.

Last edited by klam208; 10-24-14 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-24-14, 02:24 PM
rocky5
Driver

"Some emblems are interchangeable, so I was taking your advice that these emblems are a close chance at being the same"
My point all along...I rest this case...

"You admitted you also believed they were to fit"
I never admitted to them fitting the 2g. I said "from a visual mock up, they APPEAR to fit"

READ AND COMPREHEND.
Old 10-28-14, 04:02 PM
klam208
Driver School Candidate

Do you know how to comprehend what you told me?

1.You told me from your experience they are all the same(So I trusted your experience since you have done it before)

2. You were informed the emblems would fit the 2gs, so in turn, you thought they would fit the 2gs.

3. You physically had the emblems and said you did a visual mockup. I thought you matched them up with a 2gs that had badges. Since you went badge less,what were you visually comparing? Next time as a seller you should do a better job with the visual mockup. With a badge less trunk an acura emblem will look like fits.

So in the end that's 3 reason you gave that would lead me to believe you have good experience and they fit a 2gs. Turns out the information you gave was wrong. Do you now see how I feel like I deserve a refund?
You said yourself if was an honest mistake and what I wanted to do. I believed you and just wanted to return the emblems to you. I even said I would of paid for shipping. You wouldn't be losing any money. I never opened the packaging or anything. It was the same condition you sent them to me in. Instead you dodge multiple private messages I've sent you for 2 months! I know you have been checking your in box since you are trying to sell you e39 540 and responded to other PM regarding your car. You tried to ignore me and I called you out. Your response is if I know how to read and comprehend? What kind of shady ******* seller are you? An honest seller would of responded and tried to come to an agreement. Not take someones money and ignore them.

Let me give you a simple different scenario if you still don't understand :

Say I'm blind and I go to home improvement store to buy some rat traps because I have a rat problem at home. I ask the sales person for help since I can't see what I'm buying. The sales person tells me he has experience in the situation and hands me a rat trap that customers tell him works and that he has visually seen work. The rat traps don't work at all. Do you think I should be able to return the rat traps??
Old 10-29-14, 06:31 AM
rocky5
Driver

Do you know how to comprehend what you told me?

1.You told me from your experience they are all the same(So I trusted your experience since you have done it before)

2. You were informed the emblems would fit the 2gs, so in turn, you thought they would fit the 2gs.

3. You physically had the emblems and said you did a visual mockup. I thought you matched them up with a 2gs that had badges. Since you went badge less,what were you visually comparing? Next time as a seller you should do a better job with the visual mockup. With a badge less trunk an acura emblem will look like fits.

So in the end that's 3 reason you gave that would lead me to believe you have good experience and they fit a 2gs. Turns out the information you gave was wrong. Do you now see how I feel like I deserve a refund?
You said yourself if was an honest mistake and what I wanted to do. I believed you and just wanted to return the emblems to you. I even said I would of paid for shipping. You wouldn't be losing any money. I never opened the packaging or anything. It was the same condition you sent them to me in. Instead you dodge multiple private messages I've sent you for 2 months! I know you have been checking your in box since you are trying to sell you e39 540 and responded to other PM regarding your car. You tried to ignore me and I called you out. Your response is if I know how to read and comprehend? What kind of shady ******* seller are you? An honest seller would of responded and tried to come to an agreement. Not take someones money and ignore them.

Let me give you a simple different scenario if you still don't understand :

Say I'm blind and I go to home improvement store to buy some rat traps because I have a rat problem at home. I ask the sales person for help since I can't see what I'm buying. The sales person tells me he has experience in the situation and hands me a rat trap that customers tell him works and that he has visually seen work. The rat traps don't work at all. Do you think I should be able to return the rat traps??
We can debate this forever. I clearly understand, question is do you?
1. You knew the emblems were for a es300
2. You purchased the emblems knowing they were for a es300
3. I didn't know they were for the es300 until you told me so
4. I told you I never installed them in my car because I went badgeless
5. I explained some emblems are interchangeable.
6. I never told you they actually fit the 2gs
7. You said you took the "chance" that these may fit
8. Your perspective of "fitting" may differ sightly or considerably than what I may consider something to fit. You Knowing that they were for a es, and taking the chance as you said, I don't find the need to refund you.

Regarding your rather odd but brilliantly put scenario lol...NO! You certainly can't return the rat trap. You're blind remember lol, I don't have a rat problem but I'm sure rat traps require assembly as they are spring loaded but you can't read the instructions because you're blind, You just don't open the trap and place in a corner and expect to catch rats. Refund denied. I say move out of that dump or hire a maid to clean up after your garbage. Perhaps then your rodent issue will get solved

Quick Reply: NY gs400/430 water pump new in box, control arm, etc parts