WTB: Lexus car cover for GS400

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-02, 03:44 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB: Lexus car cover for GS400

I am looking to buy a factory lexus car cover for the GS400. If anyone has one, please send me an email to drew@tritel.mi8.com
Old 12-02-02, 04:07 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cover

Drew,

I got mine from Tommy at Lexus of Manhattan. Make sure you get the right one...there are 2 one with rear spoiler one without. Comes with a neat storage bag attached, but it's a ****** to fit it in the bag. If your car is outdoors I'd get a different one...maybe a "NOAH" type cover. I wasn't overly impressed with the Lexus accessory one. The outer material seems a little stiff when cold and there's NO WAY to take it off with out part of the outer cover rubbing against the car at some point.
Old 12-04-02, 12:01 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Johnny,
Good call on the noah car cover. I did some research on these and these are 100% better quality than the lexus ones. They are also about 35% cheaper as well.
The cheapest i found was about $180 for a cover with the spoiler option.

Any ideas on where I can get this even cheaper.
Thanks

It's time to lock down the GS for the winter.
Old 12-04-02, 02:20 PM
VI Rep
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noah Car Cover

I saw the cover for 157.99 at autoanything.com. I think this is the cheapest price that I saw. I think that I may buy one for this winter season.
Old 12-04-02, 05:05 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw 1 for $167

autosupermart.com has the noah for $167..there are a bunch of sites that do car covers. If you do a quick google search you'll get a ton of hits, but for a NOAH I'd be surprised to see less than $150 for a full size sedan like a GS.

Oh yeah, one problem I found with the cover was keeping the battery charger on it while it's covered...I might cover it from the windshield back and just keep my charger on trickle charge and then start it once a week to keep the cylinders lubed up. I'll also try to take it out a few times (not this week witht the big storm brewing) to keep the tires from getting too out of round. I know, I know you can put it on blocks/jack stands, but I've heard mixed reviews on doing that...mainly that you should keep the suspension in its natural state (i.e. springs compressed) I don't know what the right answer is, but if it's on blocks I can't just hop in and ride, too much effort.

Last edited by Johnny Mo; 12-04-02 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-30-04, 07:45 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead. However, I'm looking to get a car cover for outdoor use here in NYC.

Drew, did you end up buying a NOAH cover? If so, which one? I think there are several fabrics available. Would you mind giving me your review on it?

Johnny, did you end up getting rid of the OEM Lexus cover and end up getting an aftermarket one? If so, would you please give me your review on it.

VIRep, did you end up buying a cover? Any comments on it?

Thanks guys!
Old 08-31-04, 06:35 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Cadd,
NO problem....its great bringing old threads back from the past as many new people here can learn from them.
I have ordered the noah car cover. It fits like a glove on my GS with spoiler. Very high qulaity product and the fabric is very soft so it will not scratch the paint on the car. I have used it last year during NJ winter. Lots of wet snow and this thing worked like a charm. I think your better option is to get this cover and not the OEM lexus cover which is not made with the same kind of quality materials as this is.

Wow, just checked the price of this now and they have dropped it a lot.

You can now get it for $88.83 shipped. I ordered and got all the extra options like lock and cable, storage bag, etc. All you really need is the storage bag. The lock might come in handy in NYC but if someone really wants it they can clip the lock.

Here is the link: http://www.autoanything.com/products...9&v_id=1794649

This link is for a GS with a spoiler, make sure you change it if you have no spoiler.
Old 08-31-04, 04:31 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Drew, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

I will be placing my order tonight.

I don't think I'll be using the cable & lock since the car is on the driveway. Hopefully some ***** won't come in and take it off as a joke.

But I'll be putting it on on a weekly basis. I usually drive the car on the weekends. So, after the weekend, I would like to cover it back up.

How would you rate the difficulty of putting the cover on? Can it be done by one person?

Thanks again

EDIT: Drew, you read it wrong....it says "you save $88.83"! The price with shipping is still $157.95. I guess the prices remained the same huh?

Last edited by Cadd; 08-31-04 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-31-04, 04:36 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I usually install it just by myself. It is harder doing it alone. Once you get the hang with it its pretty ease. I also have a body kit with TTE lip spoiler and L-tuned sides which makes it a little more tricky but fits perfectly. ENJOY!
Old 09-08-04, 05:06 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Drew, thanks again for the advice. I just placed my order a couple of days ago for the NOAH cover. Today, I decided to check to check the status of the order.

I just realized that this is a custom made product and it will take 14 - 21 days BEFORE it gets shipped out! Holy cow, that's a long time!

But I know it'll be all worth it when I don't have to deal with all the dirt & dust on the car when I get it.

Thanks again.
Cadd
Old 09-09-04, 01:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

I just park my car in the garage for the winter and don't need a cover for it!