CA lexus gs lock cylinder set

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 04:43 PM
DRAG2GS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexus gs lock cylinder set

i have lock cylinder set for sale everything included in the picture.

Last edited by DRAG2GS300; 11-15-12 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-16-12, 10:38 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

just a heads up,without the ecu these are just pretty much paperweights. the ignition lock does no good without the ecu (which has the built in immobilizer needed to start the car).....even with the master keys.
Old 09-17-12, 06:59 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
just a heads up,without the ecu these are just pretty much paperweights. the ignition lock does no good without the ecu (which has the built in immobilizer needed to start the car).....even with the master keys.
Yes and no... If the buyer get their ECU reflashed by a locksmith, then this would work out well... Its just a lot of work to swap out all lock cylinders but if your cylinders are broken or have been destroyed in a theft attempt, this may be the route for you...
Old 09-17-12, 11:51 AM
kandygs400
Rookie

would you sell one key?
Old 09-17-12, 01:29 PM
DRAG2GS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kandygs400
would you sell one key?
Both key been cut and i will not sell just the key
Old 09-17-12, 03:34 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chin
Yes and no... If the buyer get their ECU reflashed by a locksmith, then this would work out well... Its just a lot of work to swap out all lock cylinders but if your cylinders are broken or have been destroyed in a theft attempt, this may be the route for you...
yes and no Devon. if you reflash the Ecu (which im 99% sure has to to be done by a Lexus dealer with the Lexus scanner and not just by any locksmith) and then you changed the locks you still wont have a working key....

to reprogram the keys, you have to have one master key thats programmed to the car (regardless if you reflash). So if he reflashes he still has no key that would work on the immobilizer as the keys he's providing are cut for the locks he's providing and were programmed to the old car/immobilizer and still wouldnt be "linked" to the master ecu even if he reflashes (i know what im trying to say in my head, not sure if this makes sense to everyone else following)

i know how time consuming lock changing is. i just did the ones on the glovebox/under the dash for the black interior you sold me to keep the use of my OEM locks with my OEM key (glovebox was a PITA to remove that cylinder as the tumblers wouldnt close without having the OEM key for the cylinders, i can only imagine how much everything else would be even having the keys for them)

anyways im not trying to derail OP's thread just want people to know ahead of time what they getting into. IF he offered the ecu this WOULD be great for people needing it or if you could indeed get the ECU reflashed without having a master key programmed already then yeah your right it would be nice but as i said im almost certain you cannot do that
Old 09-17-12, 05:48 PM
7speed
Driver School Candidate

If you had the ECU I'd purchase these
Old 09-17-12, 07:22 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 7speed
If you had the ECU I'd purchase these

and here they come.....
Old 09-17-12, 08:03 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
yes and no Devon. if you reflash the Ecu (which im 99% sure has to to be done by a Lexus dealer with the Lexus scanner and not just by any locksmith) and then you changed the locks you still wont have a working key....

to reprogram the keys, you have to have one master key thats programmed to the car (regardless if you reflash). So if he reflashes he still has no key that would work on the immobilizer as the keys he's providing are cut for the locks he's providing and were programmed to the old car/immobilizer and still wouldnt be "linked" to the master ecu even if he reflashes (i know what im trying to say in my head, not sure if this makes sense to everyone else following)

i know how time consuming lock changing is. i just did the ones on the glovebox/under the dash for the black interior you sold me to keep the use of my OEM locks with my OEM key (glovebox was a PITA to remove that cylinder as the tumblers wouldnt close without having the OEM key for the cylinders, i can only imagine how much everything else would be even having the keys for them)

anyways im not trying to derail OP's thread just want people to know ahead of time what they getting into. IF he offered the ecu this WOULD be great for people needing it or if you could indeed get the ECU reflashed without having a master key programmed already then yeah your right it would be nice but as i said im almost certain you cannot do that
Lexus dealers technically do not reflash. Lexus dealers purchase new ECU's and matching set of keys from corporate. More than likely there a few Lexus dealers who now reflash since the technology is out there, but it's not an official Lexus technique for replacing keys. The reflashing machine, depending on brand only costs roughly 1500.00, but technically you have to be a licensed locksmith to purchase it.

As our cars get older and cheaper, they can't justify charging upwards of 2k for a new ECU and keys.

Some Lexus dealers turn to 3rd party locksmiths who reflash ECU's to cut down on the cost of lost keys. My local Lexus dealer and I use the same Locksmith for this...

When you reflash the ECU, it is basically waiting for any key to be put into the cylinder and it will accept it after the proper programming sequence is followed, that is the reason for reflashing in the first place. Reflash to erase all keys in the ECU's memory and have the ECU in a state which you can program new keys into memory.

So if someone buys this key and lock set, install the ignition cylinder, have a good locksmith reflash any compatible ecu including your existing ecu, program that key to the flashed ecu and your car will start.

You are 99% sure, i am 100% sure. Ive done this more times than i can count...
Old 09-17-12, 09:11 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

first off OP i sincerly apologize for this lengthy discussion but just take it as us (the club members) providing complete/accurate data for members and thus helping your sale if what devon say is correct

Originally Posted by Chin
You are 99% sure, i am 100% sure. Ive done this more times than i can count...
one more ? than devon and im not trying to be cynical i am always searching for the correct/accurate information.

y is it then (and there are many many many threads backing this up) that if you lose all the master keys and only have a valet key or a non master key that you cant reprogram because you dont have a master key ? its never been said in those threads that you could reflash without a master but that you would have to buy a new key and a new immobilizer/ecu. i mean why then couldnt people who dont have a master key, buy another new master key, have it cut and then the ecu reflashed to use it? its always been said that you have to have atleast one master key to program a master key.....

Last edited by sakataj; 09-26-12 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-26-12, 09:02 AM
DRAG2GS300
Lead Lap

That's for all the inputs guys. Mods please closed sold