NY FS: OEM LS400 Front calipers 4-piston NICE pair

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-13, 12:32 PM
solowlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
it's not necessary as it could be in good order but this is probably the most important part to a vehicle...don't cheap out, rebuild and be assured it will be in good working order. besides, a rebuild kit is inexpensive and can be a DIY. it's not difficult.

figs (sponsor here) sells them...also TM engineering.
I read somewhere the bolts could be a pain in the A** to get out for the rebuild.
Could you possibly post a link for the RCA's and rebuild kit? Because I cant find it and have looked on both sites , unless the IS300 RCA's will fit for the 2GS, are they all 150$? I thought i read somewhere about them being 60$.... I will try to locate the thread for the caliper rebuild, hopefully it is on here somewhere.
-All said an done, it may just be easier for me to purchase the rebuilt product powdercoated off here because im currently in med school and dont have any free time for the lex to get wrenched on

Last edited by solowlex; 05-16-13 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-17-13, 05:46 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by solowlex
I read somewhere the bolts could be a pain in the A** to get out for the rebuild.
Could you possibly post a link for the RCA's and rebuild kit? Because I cant find it and have looked on both sites , unless the IS300 RCA's will fit for the 2GS, are they all 150$? I thought i read somewhere about them being 60$.... I will try to locate the thread for the caliper rebuild, hopefully it is on here somewhere.
-All said an done, it may just be easier for me to purchase the rebuilt product powdercoated off here because im currently in med school and dont have any free time for the lex to get wrenched on
one of my calipers gave a little headache but nothing some elbow grease couldn't take care of...

Figs Dowel Spacers - 17mm
Link: http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=202

LS Brake Removal, Rebuild, Install
Link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...rebuild-2.html
Link: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/brake/fbcaliper.html
*this is off the 1st gen LS but it's pretty much the same process

as for buying the rebuild kit, roackauto.com...i think the dealers sell them as well

Last edited by baddis es; 05-17-13 at 05:50 AM.