CA Parting out 01 GS300 show car

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-11, 11:23 AM
vnguyen850
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind people coming back, it's all good. I'm sorry you feel that you didn't get the same treatment as everyone else. As you stated above, you got back to me at your earliest. That doesn't mean that someone else who was on line at the same time I was, didn't respond to me before you, and paid. In order to not get double paid for items, i only gave out the paypal info to those that came back and were ready to pay. Some people came back to me within minutes, and those were the ones that got to the next step. As I told everyone, I was out of town on business, and was only able to get on line at certain times during the day. If someone was on line at the same time, and responded quickly, then they paid for the parts. It's that simple. I wasn't giving preference to anyone.
+1 for people being able to respond at 12am western timezone (2am eastern standard time) as I responded when I got up for work the next morning.
Old 04-21-11, 12:30 PM
Jun2
Driver

Although I didn't get all the parts I wanted, I am please with the respond and updating me that the parts are no longer available. That way I won't be expecting.
With that crazy low price I bet he got a ton of messages and replying during his business trip I bet it got harder to keep track.
Anyways I hate you who ever got the deals below....lol joke

SOLD - Greddy cat back exhaust, only used about 2K miles - $300
SOLD - Tanabe Sustec Pro coil overs - $350
SOLD - Rotora big brake kit for the front with blue calipers, and slotted/drilled rotors for the rear - $500
JP USA body kit with additional front lip brand new still in the box - $500
SOLD - Seibon CF hood - $150
Volk Racing SF Challenge 19's with 4 BRAND NEW tires and spare rim for the rear, 5 rims total - $3000
Old 04-21-11, 01:22 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ..........................

Jeremy was fair. And he didn't do an "ebay type-sale". I purchased 2 items and paid exactly the price he offered them for. I paypal'd money within minutes of response.
Old 04-21-11, 01:44 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

are you parting the window visors?
Old 04-21-11, 02:10 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by LALEX1
I paypal'd money within minutes of response.
yeah except look how far down the list you WERE....i PM'ed within 20 mins of this opening and wasnt PM'ed back with a paypal address to even pay so how could i pay for them... while you, a hour and 23 mins later PM'ed and bought those 2 items. im always paypal ready i just dont LIKE to be

either way it matters none to me anymore
. enjoy your parts you got a hell of a price, congrats
Old 04-21-11, 02:14 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

all this crying in this thread...get over it guys. We win some, we lose some. Sak, why do you feel the need to be a moderator on everyone's post? You didn't even ask him for a vouch...until your part you were interested in got sold...This guy has been here a long time...need a vouch? I 'll vouch for him....sheesh..
Old 04-21-11, 02:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys, if you aren't actively involved in ongoing sales, please exit this thread.

Its up to the SELLER to determine who they want to sell to for whatever reason they want (first come first serve, best offer, local no shipping, etc). There are no dibs and I'll ask folks who weren't lucky enough to meet whatever criteria to stop thread crapping. I'll also remind members that no one except the seller has visibility into the timing of a PM to the seller (vs a post in the thread) to establish what you think your place in line is.

sakataj, I've shown you this rule in the past under very similar circumstances. This seller clearly does not require a voucher by our classified rules.

4. High dollar sales. Members who have recently joined our forum or those members with less than 300 posts (regardless of join date) who post high dollar items for sale may have their threads closed or removed due to the increased risk to our members. High dollar items are generally those over $500 but may be set lower based on our classifieds moderator teams discretion. All members selling high dollar items should be prepared and proactive in offering references from other CL members who know them, on other forums, etc. This is referred to as a 'vouch', and the voucher must post directly and publicly in your for sale thread.
Complaining that he wasn't asked for a vouch comes across as sour grapes and a potshot / thread crap. A voucher wouldn't change anything about the seller deciding who they want to sell to.

Let's get this thread back on topic to the remaining items only please.
Old 04-21-11, 02:43 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
all this crying in this thread...get over it guys. We win some, we lose some. Sak, why do you feel the need to be a moderator on everyone's post? You didn't even ask him for a vouch...until your part you were interested in got sold...This guy has been here a long time...need a vouch? I 'll vouch for him....sheesh..
probably the same reason you seem to feel the need to follow me around and be my mother about my etiquette. i was over it till i got insulted and i feel like im being dragged back into it with posts JUST like this that IMHO are just adding fuel to the fire.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
sakataj, I've shown you this rule in the past under very similar circumstances. This seller clearly does not require a voucher by our classified rules. Complaining that he wasn't asked for a vouch comes across as sour grapes and a potshot / thread crap. A voucher wouldn't change anything about the seller deciding who they want to sell to.

Let's get this thread back on topic to the remaining items only please.
point taken dave and i was typing my response to thomas when you posted this so i went back and edited it to respond to you also.i will exit and im not trying to thread crap him or this sale but i NEVER actually asked him for a vouch, i said i was surprised no one asked for one.

Last edited by sakataj; 04-21-11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-21-11, 02:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

sakataj please exit this thread.
Old 04-21-11, 03:00 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by arpham
are you parting the window visors?
no sir, the new owner wants those to stay with ther car. thanks!
Old 04-21-11, 04:32 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
yeah except look how far down the list you WERE....i PM'ed within 20 mins of this opening and wasnt PM'ed back with a paypal address to even pay so how could i pay for them... while you, a hour and 23 mins later PM'ed and bought those 2 items. im always paypal ready i just dont LIKE to be

either way it matters none to me anymore
. enjoy your parts you got a hell of a price, congrats
I actually pm'd him way before I posted on his thread. In fact usually I don't even post I just pm. I just posted in case he decided to go by whomever posted and not just pm'd. Anyway Brian, don't be mad just because I always beat you to the good deals
Old 04-22-11, 06:48 AM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Thank you for all the feedback, positive or not. Items left are:

- JP USA body kit with brand new extra front lip - $700.00 shipped anywhere in the continental US
- Volk wheels and tires - $ negotiable
Old 04-23-11, 03:47 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess that I'm late to this thread. But for those who questions Jeremy's ethics, I will back him up 100%. In fact my transaction with him cost more than all the things that he is listing for sale. I happen to have one of the few LMS supercharger kit that I got off of jeremy a few years back. He was very very good updating me with the status of the kit and shipping arrangement. Heck, the kit that I purchased off of him is still running strong to this day. So please don't get your panties all wet up because you didn't get the item you wanted.. I just see that there's so many flakers on CL these days that I kind of ignore when they say that they'll buy something. Until money is in the seller hands, the item is not yet sold!
Old 04-23-11, 07:13 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
I guess that I'm late to this thread. But for those who questions Jeremy's ethics, I will back him up 100%. In fact my transaction with him cost more than all the things that he is listing for sale. I happen to have one of the few LMS supercharger kit that I got off of jeremy a few years back. He was very very good updating me with the status of the kit and shipping arrangement. Heck, the kit that I purchased off of him is still running strong to this day. So please don't get your panties all wet up because you didn't get the item you wanted.. I just see that there's so many flakers on CL these days that I kind of ignore when they say that they'll buy something. Until money is in the seller hands, the item is not yet sold!
AHhh....and there, you have a vouch! Thanks for backin' me up. Glad to hear the SC is still running strong! If you know anybody that needs rims or a kit, i'm ready to go!

Update, trunk spoiler sold today. 2 items left!!
Old 04-23-11, 07:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

bichkikr,

Sorry but your thread has exceeded the max bumps allowed. You can relist the remaining items after 5/8