Custom noise/temperature reduction intake box is now available......

Old 08-13-02, 02:55 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom noise/temperature reduction intake box is now available......

Hi guys,

As I have promised about 4 month ago, I now have 10 sets of custom noise/temperature reduction intake box in production.
This particular box is designed for the GS400/GS430 setup only. (I am assuming that there is no difference in the GS400 vs GS430 mounting location) Sorry it took so long, with the birth of my first child, it is so hard to get anything done beside my daily routine work.

I would like to claim this design as the noise/temperature reduction box because it includes 2 different thickness noise/temp barrier foam with 3M high heat application adhesive on the back.

Here is what you will get in the package.....

- Black Powerder coated sheet metal construction. (one cover, one enclosure)

- 12" x 42" x 1/4" black foam with 3M adhesive on the back

- 12" x 42" x 1/8" black foam with 3M adhesive on the back

- Black Oxidized flat head screws (qty = 3)

- 1 page of foam installation instruction

- 7 pages of paper template at 1:1 ratio for each of the foam required on the box (easy cut and paste job)

The entire setup is $140 plus shipping.

If you are interested please PM me..........

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 12-17-02 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-13-02, 02:57 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

diff angle....

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 12-17-02 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-13-02, 02:58 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 12-17-02 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-13-02, 04:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Kajukenbo,

Looks very nice, I'm interested.

A few questions for you...

- how much?
- how long have you had the prototype on your car?
- any issues with stalling or richness due to change in airflow over the filter? Will you allow returns if we have them?
- it looks like you didn't seal it against the front of the car to allow airflow in, correct?
- what pieces of sheet metal do you supply for the enclosure (by this I mean do you replace the SRT heat shield entirely, or does your top just go on top of theirs?).
- if you replace the entire heat shield, is the bottom of your design open to allow airflow up from the foglight lens area (breaking out the piece down there)?

Thanks,
David
Old 08-13-02, 05:23 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Dave,

I will PM you in regards to price because I don't want to violate the CL rules. Actually, I am not quite sure If I can mention about price. Anyway check you PM.

- I had this prototype installed in my car since May. I have posted these pictures before....you can do a search to prove it.

- I did not encounter the problems as you have mentioned before. I did allow the ECU to learn the profile since there is a difference in design. (mine vs stock SRT). I believe many people already have a similar setup with the Weapon-R cold box. garnet-92 is a great example. Nevertheless, if for some odd reason you have encountered the air/fuel mixture problem, you can just send them back to me. I will do a full refund. However, since this is just a hobby of mine, I only ask you to pay for the shipping cost if you do send it back to me.

- You are correct. The opening allow more cold air flow (away from the engine) into the cab

- You have to replace the entire SRT heat shield. You still have to use the SRT screws to mount the new enclosure.

- Ooooohhhhh Yes, the bottom is wide open. It is very similar to the SRT design.

I hope I have answered all your question.

Thanks

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 08-13-02 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-13-02, 05:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Sure did, thanks for the quick reply. Looks like a nice and thoughtful design.

Three other questions I thought of (sorry, my brain is working in spurts tonight:

- My SRT setup is an older one (with external ECU box) and I noticed that my intake tube sticks further over towards the passenger wall than other SRT tubes like Dex and Dr Rick's (by at least an inch). (edit: I think this is because they changed from the different-shaped AFE filter) How much room is there to the side wall of your airbox? I assume there is a side wall w/ insulation there?

- The three black screws I see listed and in the pictures are what you would remove to lift the top in order to clean / replace the air filter, correct?

- When will your production run of the boxes be ready?

Thanks again.
D

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-13-02 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-13-02, 06:12 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Dave,

All these are good questions. I am pretty sure that other members would appreciate you ask them as well.

- I am not quite sure exactly how to answer it correctly. I will do my best. As long as the heat shied design by SRT didn't change between your old SRT design and my GS430 design, the location of the new enclosure walls didn't change in comparison to the SRT heat shield. I have a L shape design very similar to the SRT heatshield. If your tube were "shorter", then you may have problem. (for some reason, that didn't sound too good.... )

- Yes, the black screws are used to mount the top cover. Flush mounting so that you don't see the screws. (okay, if you don't look too close)

- My vendors (both sheet metal and foams) promise me next week. I will take a few pictures of the entire package so that there is no surprises for anyone.

I will also need a few day to do a final fit check to make sure that my vendor did not screw any thing up during the fabrication process.

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 08-13-02 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-15-02, 01:29 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re. SRT Box

Hey Kaju. I really like the design very clean. I jus PM you cus I want one.
Later Paul
Old 08-23-02, 02:24 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Thanks Paul,

I have just send you a PM in regards to the status of the enclosure......

Thanks
Old 08-24-02, 04:38 AM
fasthuh
Lead Lap

Nice setup kaju, you should make a kit for the 300, and use my car for testing ....
Old 08-24-02, 01:46 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Be gladly to, if you can bring your *** down here......heheheeeee

Where the heck have you been latey? haven't seen you online for a long time.......?

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 08-24-02 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-04-02, 12:07 AM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CAB

Hey KJ - what's the price & availability of your unit - how's it been selling? Understand that you may have to pm with the price - is it what you originally planned? I may be interested in replacing my Weapon R box - gotta get a new filter first and see how it fits.
Old 09-04-02, 02:17 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I got mine last friday and installed it over the long weekend. Nice fit. Nice autocad instructions and paper templates for the foam insulation. I must say that it does reduce the noise quite a bit and I'm happy with it.
Old 09-04-02, 07:54 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Thanks, BC-GS430 for your kind words. I am really glad that you like the product.

Garnet, I will PM you in regards to the price. Nevertheless, I still have some units left if you are interested. I have not yet advertise my enclosure too hard because I want to make sure that the first couple customers have no problem with the installation and fitment.

So far, I have not had any major complain from my customers except that "someone" did'n't read the instruction for the foam installation......heheeee (you know who you are).
Old 09-06-02, 12:40 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

how much is this thing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom noise/temperature reduction intake box is now available......