TX FS: 2JZ-GTE VVTi Stock Twin Turbos + Turbo Manifold + Turbo Piping

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-09, 02:13 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FS: 2JZ-GTE VVTi Stock Twin Turbos + Turbo Manifold + Turbo Piping

Selling the 2JZ-GTE VVTi stock twins. I have a set of these I'm getting rid of. It came out of an extremely clean low mileage engine. You can see how clean the engine was from the pictures below. The engine had very minimal sludging and the coolant left in the block was still bright pink! The turbos have near zero shaft play since they are such low mileage.

If you need any of the associated vacuum hoses/lines please specify to me. I threw everything from the engine into a big pile.

I'm selling what you see in the first picture for $250 + shipping(going to be approx $50, it's a heavy item to ship).

Old 10-19-09, 07:50 AM
howat
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this turbo set work with a non vvti 2jzgte setup?
Old 10-19-09, 12:51 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

It should work, only difference is that the JDM version does not have EGR. However, most people delete that function on their USDM 2JZ anyways.
Old 10-19-09, 01:40 PM
howat
Pole Position

Sorry for the confusion. Let me rephrase the question. Will this turbo set up work with the JDM non vvti 2jzgte?

thx
Old 10-19-09, 03:23 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Well, I can't say for sure since I've never tested it myself. I don't see why not though. I don't think Toyota ever changed the turbo setup throughout the years for the 2JZ-GTE. I just looked up the part numbers for the manifolds, hoses, etc and it's all the same for the VVTi and non-VVTi motors. Worse case scenario, you can just swap the turbos over to your GTE non-VVTi manifold but I don't think that will be necessary. These turbos are in very good condition with near zero shaft play.

Note: Most people online sell only the turbos and manifold for $250 range. I'm selling all the rest of the upper pipes, shields, etc for $250. Other sellers usually charge an extra $150-200 on top for those extra charge pipe pieces.
Old 10-19-09, 08:55 PM
tonysgs300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i sent a pm with a few questions. Im really interested in this set up
Old 10-23-09, 04:04 PM
howat
Pole Position

Jeff,

Do you know if jdm 2jzgte vvti turbos are ceramic (like the jdm 2jzgte non vvti) or steel (like usdm 2jzgte vvti and non vvti)?

thx
Old 10-23-09, 10:11 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

I believe they are ceramic compressor wheels. It spools up faster with better engine response. Only downside is that you can only push the JDM twins to around 400rwhp, the USDM twins can be cranked to 450-75hp or more.

For those of you guys asking. This setup is for a 2JZ-GTE. It will take quite a bit of modification to fit it on a 2JZ-GE.
Old 10-24-09, 12:08 AM
SlvrGS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I believe they are ceramic compressor wheels. It spools up faster with better engine response. Only downside is that you can only push the JDM twins to around 400rwhp, the USDM twins can be cranked to 450-75hp or more.

For those of you guys asking. This setup is for a 2JZ-GTE. It will take quite a bit of modification to fit it on a 2JZ-GE.
The JDM VVTi turbos are steel not ceramic. And yes they can be used on a non-VVTi motor without issue. $250 is an excellent price on these turbos in their condition. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-05-09, 11:28 AM
howat
Pole Position

A bit off topic here, however I'm curious to know where the HELL do you find such a clean and well kept JDM motor?

thx
Old 11-05-09, 08:49 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Are the valve covers and coil cover for sale as well?
Old 11-06-09, 12:05 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by howat
A bit off topic here, however I'm curious to know where the HELL do you find such a clean and well kept JDM motor?

thx
I got my sources . No, but really...I just got really lucky on this one. I wasn't really able to check the engine out before I bought it. But I opened the oil filler cap and it looked pretty clean under the valve covers. So I assumed the rest of the engine was just as good. Luckily for me, I was right!

Originally Posted by puff
Are the valve covers and coil cover for sale as well?
Yeah, I'll part those out. But not for cheap! I will sell the complete head for $1000 shipped. If you just want the valve covers and coilpack cover then it will be $600. These are RARE parts so I'm not selling them cheap. I really have no desire to sell it because I was planning to use this in my 3.4L stroker race spec engine I'm building. It's extremely clean so that's the main reason I want to keep it. Normally you will never find a GTE head in this clean and nice of condition. BUT...if the price is right I'll sell anything
Old 11-13-12, 12:30 PM
gs30010458
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Selling the 2JZ-GTE VVTi stock twins. I have a set of these I'm getting rid of. It came out of an extremely clean low mileage engine. You can see how clean the engine was from the pictures below. The engine had very minimal sludging and the coolant left in the block was still bright pink! The turbos have near zero shaft play since they are such low mileage.

If you need any of the associated vacuum hoses/lines please specify to me. I threw everything from the engine into a big pile.

I'm selling what you see in the first picture for $250 + shipping(going to be approx $50, it's a heavy item to ship).

Hi I'm new to club Lexus I wanted do a swap in my 2003 gs300 but its to expensive I wanted to know if I was to get your Turbo setup will it be easy to put in and will it be the same as getting a 2jz GTE; or will it work
Old 11-13-12, 12:37 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeff has definitely already sold this man. This was 3 years ago.

And no swapping/turbo engine is going to be cheap.. Just an FYI. You'll be spending over 3k easily no matter what route you choose whether it be GTE or NA-T.
Old 11-19-12, 05:36 AM
gs30010458
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Jeff has definitely already sold this man. This was 3 years ago.

And no swapping/turbo engine is going to be
cheap.. Just an FYI. You'll be spending over 3k easily no matter what route you choose whether it be GTE or NA-T.
okay thank but if I was to purchase a stock twin Turbo kit from the GTE would it be a easy installed on the ge

Quick Reply: TX FS: 2JZ-GTE VVTi Stock Twin Turbos + Turbo Manifold + Turbo Piping