TX FS: AEM EMS Standalone + Modified to work with GS/IS

Old 08-24-09, 09:27 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FS: AEM EMS Standalone + Modified to work with GS/IS

Selling my spare AEM EMS 1313 I have laying around. After my minor fire incident last year, I thought I shorted out my EMS so I went and bought another one. I went and modified the new unit to work on the GS, then installed the replacement one, and my car still wouldn't start. After that, I traced my problem to the cam position sensor wire that got burned up. I replaced the wire and the car started right up. I tested the start up with both of the AEM EMS units and they both run and start the car perfectly.

The internals of this unit have been modified so it's ready to use on the GS/IS. I have loaded one of my maps on here so that the proper cam/crank triggers are in place and will be ready to start the car.

This is a AEM EMS 1313 unit which is for the Mitsubishi EVO8. The internals of the box have been modified so it will work with the Lexus ECU. Yes this will work with 2nd gen GS300/400/430, IS300, as well as 98+ SC300,SC400,SC430 with VVTi or basically any 98+ Lexus with 2JZ VVTi and 1/3UZ VVTi. BUT, the specific calibration/map I have loaded is only for 2GS300, IS300, SC300 VVTi.

All you have to do is to buy a boomslang patch harness($125) for the EVO8 and wire it up to your car. You will also need the associated sensors depending on what functions on the AEM you want to use.

Selling for $800 shipped!

The only other place that sells a unit like this is Dezod Motorsports which charges more than double of what I'm selling this for. Theirs includes the wiring harness which is why they charge so much more. My unit is for the DIY'er guys out there or I can build you a harness for $200 if you pay for the parts to do it.

Old 08-27-09, 05:49 PM
LEXTEK444
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jeff I am very interested but curious as to what mods were made to accomodate our vehicles. I read on Lextreme about the requirement for mods to the supra unit. Also I would be running this on my TTGS400 and was wondering if it had to be run in batch fire and wasted spark seeing it was designed for a 4cylinder vehicle. PM me as I would also like to discuss wiring with you. Thanks in advance,
Allen
Old 08-27-09, 06:22 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Yes true the box was designed for a 4cyl, but the actualy unit is perfectly capabale of handling a V10. This unit has 5 coil drivers and 10 injector drivers. You will need to run the coils in waste spark setup. Basically, just wire up the two opposing cylinder banks to the opposite firing sets. The injectors are going to be sequential, no need to go batch since the AEM has 10 individual injector drivers. I can draw up a wiring diagram for you if you buy the unit from me. I can label where each wire needs to go and you just follow the diagram and wire it up. Only thing is that I don't have the crank trigger pattern for the V8, I don't have a V8 so I don't have a way to experiment/find out. Just find a tuner that is good at tuning the AEM EMS and he should have no problems figuring it out.

As for the mods, I modified the box to allow it to tap into the factory mag crank and cam position sensors. The original circuitry in the box was designed to pick up a direct hall effect trigger. If you're interested PM me your phone number with a good time to call you at and I'll give you a call.

The advantage of running the AEM the way I have it setup is that you get to keep pretty much all of the factory functions of the car. ABS, A/C & heater, gauges cluster works, cruise control, etc. The only thing that will be disabled is the traction control due to the AEM having direct control over the engine, but who the hell needs that when you're aiming for real power

Depending on how complex you want to set it up...you can run multistage nitrous, antilag, launch control, boost control, whatever revlimit you want, and basically whatever you wana do. It's a standalone...you have control of everything
Old 08-27-09, 10:34 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Yes true the box was designed for a 4cyl, but the actualy unit is perfectly capabale of handling a V10. This unit has 5 coil drivers and 10 injector drivers. You will need to run the coils in waste spark setup. Basically, just wire up the two opposing cylinder banks to the opposite firing sets. The injectors are going to be sequential, no need to go batch since the AEM has 10 individual injector drivers. I can draw up a wiring diagram for you if you buy the unit from me. I can label where each wire needs to go and you just follow the diagram and wire it up. Only thing is that I don't have the crank trigger pattern for the V8, I don't have a V8 so I don't have a way to experiment/find out. Just find a tuner that is good at tuning the AEM EMS and he should have no problems figuring it out.

As for the mods, I modified the box to allow it to tap into the factory mag crank and cam position sensors. The original circuitry in the box was designed to pick up a direct hall effect trigger. If you're interested PM me your phone number with a good time to call you at and I'll give you a call.

The advantage of running the AEM the way I have it setup is that you get to keep pretty much all of the factory functions of the car. ABS, A/C & heater, gauges cluster works, cruise control, etc. The only thing that will be disabled is the traction control due to the AEM having direct control over the engine, but who the hell needs that when you're aiming for real power

Depending on how complex you want to set it up...you can run multistage nitrous, antilag, launch control, boost control, whatever revlimit you want, and basically whatever you wana do. It's a standalone...you have control of everything
Good lord.....after hearing this I want one! Need a supercharger or a couple turbos first to make it worth it. This is a great price though....too bad I just bought new wheels. ttt for this one
Old 08-29-09, 07:42 AM
zebt66
Pole Position

the kit Dezod Motorsports sells, that harness will plug into a GS300? directly or any mods are required? i am running a HKS Fcon V-Pro and damn it is hard to get it tuned everytime i need to make changes
Old 08-29-09, 02:21 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by zebt66
the kit Dezod Motorsports sells, that harness will plug into a GS300? directly or any mods are required? i am running a HKS Fcon V-Pro and damn it is hard to get it tuned everytime i need to make changes
The kit Dezod sells is PnP and is $1800 or so. I can build you a wiring harness for this to make it into a PnP box for the GS300 including a MAP sensor for $1300 if you want it.
Old 09-10-09, 05:42 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeff, how much installed with what we were talking about? Very interested
Old 09-13-09, 11:50 PM
gs400 civi
Lead Lap

hey jeff, very interested, my car should be on its way, if I got this would you be able to set it up for my sc'd GS4? this sounds like exactly what I need in addition to the dash daq thing and the carputer, by the way what's up with the projectors?-no rush though it won't get here till at least mid october oh and i had 3 valves leaking so I gues that explains why it was running rich, at least in part
Old 02-10-12, 02:49 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

im trying to do my homework to get one of these for my 98 sc300 vvti.anybody out there using it already?
Old 02-10-12, 05:27 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

will it work on a non VVTI 2JZGTE or VVTI only?
Old 02-10-12, 09:33 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 98$c300
im trying to do my homework to get one of these for my 98 sc300 vvti.anybody out there using it already?
Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
will it work on a non VVTI 2JZGTE or VVTI only?
Anyone notice this is from 09?
Old 02-11-12, 02:28 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by puff
Anyone notice this is from 09?
Reincarnation LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-12, 05:30 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

damn, i didnt even pay attention........thats the 2nd old thread dude has bumped up in the last 24hrs....
Old 02-11-12, 03:02 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

lol, nice bump from the past. Anyways, it was sold a while back. Also, yes it will work with any 2JZ whether VVTi or not. But, the non-vvti guys in a SC300 or Supra usually can just by the direct PnP unit from AEM directly. This unit does not have a wiring harness, so you will still have to make one to plug into the car. It's just the internals of the EVO8 board that was modded to work with the 2JZ sensor pickups.