TX WTB GS400 Supercharger-very serious buyer

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 01:43 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I'm in the process of reverse engineering my RMM kit to make duplicates, but don't tell anyone.
If you want to have the SC bracket made let me know. My friend's family own a high tech machine shop. Their machines are pretty freaking crazy and they can probably cut a few SC brackets on free time for me if I have the specs. I'll ask him if anyone is really serious about wanting it. It's not free to make this because the block/plate of billet aluminum is not cheap and not to mention the time it takes to program the machine to cut.

But as macd7919 said. Everyone is interested up front, but when time comes to actually pay for the kit...it's all just chirping crickets. Not worth the effort unless someone wants to volunteer their effort/time to a charity cause

I'm too busy for charity at the moment
Old 05-29-09, 01:59 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
If you want to have the SC bracket made let me know. My friend's family own a high tech machine shop. Their machines are pretty freaking crazy and they can probably cut a few SC brackets on free time for me if I have the specs. I'll ask him if anyone is really serious about wanting it. It's not free to make this because the block/plate of billet aluminum is not cheap and not to mention the time it takes to program the machine to cut.

but as macd7919 said. Everyone is interested up front, but when time comes to actually pay for the kit...it's all just chirping crickets. Not worth the effort unless someone wants to volunteer their effort/time to a charity cause

I'm too busy for charity at the moment

Thanks for the offer Jeff. Machinists looking for work in the Silicon Valley in this current economy are plentiful, so duplicating them and getting competitive pricing is not an issue.

Being interested and being serious with $$ to back it up are two different things.

As macd7919 and yourself pointed out, I am not in it for charity either and I'm not looking to mass produce them.

This is just a fun project right now, but there's no telling yet if it will come to fruition.

Stay Tuned

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-29-09 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-29-09, 10:05 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm in the process of reverse engineering my RMM kit to make a duplicate, but don't tell anyone.
oh sweet let us know
Old 05-29-09, 11:22 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LALEX1
I have an rmm kit with the bracket already custom made for a gs430. I am only missing one part. (well i believe its actually consists of four parts) I need the idler belt tensioner (i believe thats what it is called). Correct me if I'm wrong Glen. I think you know what part it is since we have talked about it a few times. If anybody out there can get this part made, then we can definitely work something out to have extra parts made to possibly make my one kit into two kits (or more). I have the whole kit sitting in my garage. Anybody feel free to respond or PM me if you are serious about getting this done.
Hey Robert,
we've talked about your missing parts for a long time already (over a year?), so now that there is so much interest, you know I can resolve your missing parts. I've been PMing with the gs400civi several times already so I think both of you can get taken care of. Check your pm.
Glen maybe you can answer this, what is different about the tensioner pulley that RMM supplied w/ the kit? Alot of people have said its different what's different about it? larger, thinner? I remember when DX3's went out I think he said Lexus m now only makes one replacement to fit the Gs400/430 and for some reason it would not fit w/ the RMM S/C.
Old 05-30-09, 07:39 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Smile bov

hey by the way i wasn't saying it wasn't possible to do with a water jet machine just that the rmm kit is cnc bracket thats all i was saying and i am wandering now you say the original kit did not come with a bov because mine has one sounds really cool when you let off the gas just my two cent but bov valve is nice to have so you don't over boost your car
Attached Thumbnails WTB GS400 Supercharger-very serious buyer-front-end-shot-no-bumper.jpg   WTB GS400 Supercharger-very serious buyer-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 05-30-09, 07:50 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tom steele
bov valve is nice to have so you don't over boost your car
That's not what a blow off valve does or is intended for. You could have 100 blow off valves and still over boost. I don't want to take this thread further off topic but I didn't want the O.P or anyone else to think that's what bov's are for. They are for preventing air being forced through the turbo/blower backwards when the throttle slams shut. They increase the life of the unit and help with boost response if the throttle is feathered under load but are not a necessity and won't do a damn thing for over boost.

Secondly, in a supercharger application how would you overboost anyways?

Last edited by macd7919; 05-30-09 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-30-09, 08:16 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

guess i am just talking out my *** i just got schooled thanks by the way i thought it was to keep the boost from going into the motor when the throttle body closes but i guess i was wrong just trying to figure all this crap out myself bought this car with all kinds of stuff on here trying to sort thru it and figure out what i really need, and i was wandering why mine has one and none of the other kits do thanks for the info by the way and you can overboost our cars by putting smaller pulleys on which i have read breaks the connecting rods on our cars thats why alot of companies stopped and never offered kits for our cars because our cars have weak rods i would do the stroker kit from lextreme that looks sick and you'll get the power your after without all the headaches i would love to do mine just waiting awhile till i get everything else figured out
Old 05-30-09, 08:23 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

guess i am just talking out my *** i just got schooled thanks by the way i thought it was to keep the boost from going into the motor when the throttle body closes but i guess i was wrong just trying to figure all this crap out myself bought this car with all kinds of stuff on here trying to sort thru it and figure out what i really need, and i was wandering why mine has one and none of the other kits do thanks for the info by the way and you can overboost our cars by putting smaller pulleys on which i have read breaks the connecting rods on our cars thats why alot of companies stopped and never offered kits for our cars because our cars have weak rods i would do the stroker kit from lextreme that looks sick and you'll get the power your after without all the headaches i would love to do mine just waiting awhile till i get everything else figured out
No problem man. A BOV is basically just keeping the back pressure from going against the turbo/blower when you let off the gas. You were correct in saying it keeps the boost from going back into the motor but the "over-boost" term is when your wastegate can't control the pressure from the turbo (or if your boost controller went on the fritz). The actual BOV won't help if you over boost because the more pressure the turbo makes the more pressure there is keeping the BOV closed.

I think you may have been getting it confused with a pop-off valve, those are rarely used for a safety in an over-boost situation but I hardly ever see them on anyone's car. Those are kind of like a blow off valve but are set to open at a certain pressure, that way it prevents you from over boosting.

As far as superchargers go, you are correct you can install a smaller pulley to make more boost but most people just choose a pulley known to make "x" amount of boost so "over-boosting" a supercharger isn't really possible. Choosing a pulley that makes too much pressure is for sure possible though as you mentioned

P.s- Throw some punctuation in there, would make your posts a lot easier to read
Old 06-01-09, 08:29 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being interested and being serious with $$ to back it up are two different things.
how much $$$ are we talking about?

pm me figures please to see if im still in the same ballpark.
Old 06-01-09, 09:59 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think thats the longest sentence i've read on CL

how much would it be to piece a supercharger together after all said and done? Like, piping, tune, etc. I just want my GS4 to safely make 400hp at the wheels. And I have no money now for a blower so count me out. Just curious.
Old 06-01-09, 10:30 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, to anyone interested, I was looking at GS's for sale in my area. There is a GS400 with a fully built supercharger for sale. I'd say it be easier to buy that car and sell your current one. Here: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

It has UGLY wheels and UGLY painted engine cover, but the engine looks nice.
Old 06-01-09, 11:56 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone bother archiving their design? http://www.emachineshop.com/
free software is available on that site.
Old 06-02-09, 12:33 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

It doesn't mention it in the ad but from the purple top hats on the shocks it looks as if it could have HKS coilovers on it as well.
Old 06-02-09, 03:33 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
i have access to an cnc milling machine like this. http://www.jinpu-usa.com/cncmills.html
if i can get specs i can see if we can make it.
ive been wanting a supercharger for forever now.
Do you know how to program it or will some one else do that?

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 06-04-09 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-02-09, 03:52 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gs400 civi
when you say "limited" I'm looking for max 400 whp, I think 350+ is reasonable. the time may be an issue but i'm working as fast as I can so I should be ok.
just got hold of a procharger, c2 model, now its time to find the bracket/ pulleys and intercooler etc. any help woul be greatly appreciated.
Where did you get the C-2 unit? is it new, Post a pic of it or email it to me. depending on it's clocking ( the lean & rotation) will depend greatly on which direction you can mount it. SRT did make a one off Procharger C-2 kit once for SC430blue. He dissapearred from here & I don't what he did w/ his SC.
I got some bracket info from him befor he vanished so if your C-2 is rotating the right way this may be an option.

Quick Reply: TX WTB GS400 Supercharger-very serious buyer