gs400 civi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey hey!! saw him first
Old 05-19-09, 09:59 AM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know....just getting a ballpark for how much one would be if I come across another one...might have to raid the piggy bank! lolz
Old 05-19-09, 10:40 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Aristo
I'd like to buy one and have my buddy waterjet some brackets out and start selling them, tired of not being able to find crap for my lovely V8 Lexus! Out of curiousity(not to thread jack) how much (Mr. Johnson) are you selling that supercharger for?
If we're talking about the RMM SC kit, the bracket is not too hard to duplicate, but the tensioner assembly and especially the custom pulley are a lot more work.

Making a pulley and duplicating the inner splines on the shaft hole is not something all machine shops can do.

Also the bracket will need some CNC machining. Can't be done with just a waterjet.

Good Luck
Old 05-19-09, 02:02 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

rmmgs4 is right about the bracket it needs to be cnc machine not water jet and the rmm kit uses a vortec v-2 sq. supercharger rmm welded a custom 90 on there as well i know this because i just had to replace the supercharger and they did not offer a case like mine so i had to make a few adjustments use 90 degree elbow but i want to get a new tube bent so i can use a silicone coupler instead of the 90 also there are a few different rmm kits out there mine has bov up front by the intercooler i have seen others were i didn't even see bov but there's got to be one somewhere so that tells me there a few different configurations of this kit
Attached Thumbnails WTB GS400 Supercharger-very serious buyer-front-end-shot-no-bumper.jpg  
Old 05-19-09, 02:12 PM
gs400 civi
Lead Lap

so where can I find these custom pieces?
Old 05-19-09, 02:25 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

I don't think that's completely true.....Been a mechanic for too many years, do all mywon welding and so on and know plenty of people from waterjetting to CNC machines and I'm pretty sure it can get done on a water jet. but hey, all this **** is custom fab work in the end so who knows. Found this link too:

http://www.lextreme.com/supercharger-bracket.html

Maybe it will help. I know it's for a non VVTI but it's a start possibly. It will hold a procharger which is what I have been looking for since RMM ones are ultra rare. Anyway......I'm going to stare at my car for hours tonight and see what can and cannot be done. I think if I could stuff a sohc turbo with intercooler and keep the a/c into a tiny engine bay on a crx and make it look beautiful(manifold built by me) then I can manage to mount a supercharger. The pic is of it not quite done....I know people hate Hondas but this one is built good....fully buile engine, LSD trans, K-Sport coil overs, sway bars, 11" brakes all around...250 WHP and 2250 lbs. Nice quiet little roller skate! Sad that it will eat the *** out of my GS400....

Last edited by 99Aristo; 07-30-09 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 04:37 PM
RMMGS4

I could make the lextreme bracket using a jigsaw. The RMM bracket is a bit more sophisticated. Can you make the custom RMM pulley with a waterjet??? There are atleast 10 custom machined parts making up the complete RMM kit. A flat bracket is far from all you need to get this done.

I know the RMM kit pretty well. I WAS THERE with Rhys Millen in his shop back when he was producing the first kits way back in 2001.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-19-09 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 04:40 PM
RMMGS4

IN FACT

I liked the kit so much I bought the car from Rhys

400 WHP out of my BIG Roller Skate

Do a search and you might find about 8 years worth of custom fab work that I have been posting.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-19-09 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 05:04 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by tom steele
rmmgs4 is right about the bracket it needs to be cnc machine not water jet and the rmm kit uses a vortec v-2 sq. supercharger rmm welded a custom 90 on there as well i know this because i just had to replace the supercharger and they did not offer a case like mine so i had to make a few adjustments use 90 degree elbow but i want to get a new tube bent so i can use a silicone coupler instead of the 90 also there are a few different rmm kits out there mine has bov up front by the intercooler i have seen others were i didn't even see bov but there's got to be one somewhere so that tells me there a few different configurations of this kit
The RMM kits were all the same except for pulley diameter and injector sizes. If you see a BOV (like on DaveGS4's car), then someone modded it after they bought it. No kits came with BOVs from RMM.

The kits floating around by now have been maybe sold more than once, maybe 2nd or 3rd owner. Some have been known to be missing parts, and may come with various combos of injector sizes, pulleys and Engine Management systems. The ORIGINAL RMM kit worked, but people messed with them to get more HP and some def screwed up the combo and sold them as-is to the next person.

Buyer beware.
Old 05-19-09, 05:22 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

okay...I think the OP has a blower now...can I close this?

Last edited by neurocity; 05-19-09 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 05:26 PM
RMMGS4

NO ONE said it can't be copied.

TALK IS CHEAP

GO FOR IT

Last edited by neurocity; 05-19-09 at 05:28 PM. Reason: I edited what I said cause this was dragged way off
Old 05-19-09, 05:36 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Wow...you had to have typing pretty fast there....Must have really got ya going.

Okay...I'll put the money up for this.
Give me the measurements, I will have a prototype in a week with a finger on the button to make more.

Don't sit there barking "Talk is cheap." if you are not prepared to back up the checks your mouth writes.

Go measure it up.
Old 05-19-09, 06:15 PM
RMMGS4

If it's all installed in my car, there's no way to get the measurements right now but . . .

Find someone who can duplicate the Power steering pump OEM pulley and cut the reverse splines in the center, plus double the width to accomodate 6+8 rib belts and I might work it with you. You can take off your own pulley to figure out what I'm saying.

This is the only obstacle I saw in making the kit. I already checked with machinists before I installed my kit about duplicating it and the problem is not all shops have the right equipment to do splines inside a hole. Also this needs to be done in steel not aluminum.

Also It wasn't going to be cheap unless we made atleast 4 or 5 complete kits and not enough people would pony up the money in advance to commit to this, so I couldn't wait and installed it.

If you can manufacture the double pulley I described, I'll pull my kit this winter (possibly sooner) to reverse engineer the rest of the parts.

You have one week.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-09-09 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 07:00 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

What is the point of this pulley, Thats what I'm not getting. Is it a tensioner? Is it to change the geometry of the belt line? Is this running on the the stock serp belt. Or a separate pulley off the crank

Seriously, I have the contacts to make this. I even have a guy that can waterjet things out of Inconel.
I just need the numbers.
Old 05-19-09, 07:07 PM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

hehe all this talk, your better off dropping a 2jz-gte w/ a R154 with BPU upgrades, gurantee youll make more then 400+ or whatever your looking for. Much easier to find, then making and building your own Supercharger kit. I'm sure the supercharger kits for the 400 are at least 10k+, while a 2jz I'm sure is much cheaper, as front clips are about 4k or so. I guess if your not in a hurry you can do the supercharger but I'm sure your car will be down for quite a while.

just my 0.02

sorry mods my fault for responding to this, i thought it was a GS 2nd gen thread not a WTB.

Last edited by ItsChris; 05-19-09 at 07:16 PM. Reason: explanation

Quick Reply: TX WTB GS400 Supercharger-very serious buyer