AIRRUNNER Air ride up for sale::::::::

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 03:20 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Airrunner For Sale New Price $3000

EDIT 3/16/2008:PRICE HAS BEEN DROPPED TO $3000 (first one who has cash gets it)
I AM HEADING DOWN TO SOCAL THE WEEK OF 3/17 -3/22. SO FOR THOSE SO.CALI PEEPS WHO ARE WORRIED ABOUT SHIPPING STOP WORRYING. I WONT DO DOOR SERVICE BUT YOU CAN MEET ME SOMEWHERE. IN LA OR SD (I AM NO LONGER HOLDING DIBS..IF YOU SAY UR GONNA BUY IT THEN BUY IT NO MAKING ME WAIT FOR U TO PAY)

EDIT 3/5/2008: PICTURES ADDED!!! SYSTEM IS OUT OF MY CAR!!!!!! IT IS NOW READY TO SHIP!!!!

EDIT 3/7/2008: NEW PRICE $3300

NOW THAT THE SYSTEM IS OUT I RECOMMEND THAT YOU PURCHASE NEW LINES. MY LINES WILL NOT BE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO RUN THE ENTIRE CAR TO YOUR LIKING. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO BUY NEW LINES AND A FEW PLASTIC W-LOCK CONNECTORS TO GO IN TO THE T-FITTINGS EVERYTHING WAS LEFT CONNECTED AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO HOOK LINES POWER AND GROUND AND A ACC. THATS IT!!!!!!!!

Hello all. Thought I would never be back in the game but im still here and trying to revamp the GS by trying something new. Hence the sale of the Airrunner. The complete system is still in my car. I will be taking it out soon. If not by the end of this or next week. The system is still new ... why do I say that? Ive had it for about two and a half years one of which the car was in the garage while i was driving my beater truck. I never once had a leak, not once. This is due to there W-LOCK fittings and small airlines.

I am selling the system for $3500 (i will ship @ your cost) local and semi-local buyers will get priority

From what I was told I was the second GS with the airrunner system in cali so what that means is that I got the first generation set of airrunner. Shin from ACC (the main seller of airrunner) were still in there "testing" phase so they used stronger struts (struts which were meant for heavier trucks) in the first generation system. They now use weaker struts (dont believe me? call ACC)

Why do they use weaker struts now? because these stronger struts will cause some road noise if installed incorrectly and you over clock the dampening settings (caveat emptor). The road noise will occur at 5-10mph but after that it will go away at higher speeds. Not a problem for the guys out there that blast there stereo system everywhere they go.

The system consist of four (4) sleeve type bag struts (KYB) the tank, compressor, paddle switches and two lighted analog displays. I will take the system out of my car but I will leave everything in tact on the "toppi'n plate" oh and did i mention...I never took off the plastic off the toppi'n plate (it is stainless steel and still protected by the vinyl that i never removed after install). Also included is a nifty gadget airrunner gives you to cut the air lines.

YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY NEW AIR LINES AND W-LOCK FITTINGS FROM ACC (relatively inexpensive) but if you want i will put those in the package with the system (all my fittings and all my air lines). It is not recommended that you reuse these items since it may cause an air leak.

I will mark every wire to tell you what it connects to but ACC will gladly give you a set of instructions on how to install this system. I did the install myself and it took me a little over 6 hours. Honestly putting the struts in was easy...running the airlines so that it stays away from heat, rubbing and road debres was what took so long. So Again...

KIT WILL INCLUDE:

1.) TANK, AND COMPRESSOR ALREADY MOUNTED TO THE TOPPIN PLATE
2.) ALL WIRES THAT CAME WITH THE KIT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE POWER WIRE WHICH HAS A FUSE BLOCK ( I USED MY OWN THICKER WIRE WITH A BIGGER FUSE) YOU WILL HAVE TO GET YOUR OWN POWER WIRE TO RUN FROM THE BATTERY TO THE COMPRESSOR.
3.) PNEUMATIC PADDLE SWITCHES TO RAISE AND LOWER THE CAR
4.) TWO (2) LIGHTED ANALOG AIR GUAGES WHICH WILL TELL YOU THE PSI OF ALL FOUR CORNERS (EACH GAUGE HAS TWO NEEDLES IN IT, ORANGE AND WHITE)
5.) AIR LINE CUTTING TOOL
6.) 4 SLEEVE TYPE BAG/STRUTS
7.) ALL W-LOCK CONNECTORS TO CONNECT THE AIRLINES TO THE TANK AND THE FOUR BAGS.(REMEMBER YOU SHOULD BUY NEW ONES)
8.) MY APPRECIATON FOR NOT LOW-BALLING ME ON THIS KIT.

The system does not consist of too much and since I am basically leaving everything together you really dont have to piece the system together except for installing the struts, running the lines, giving the system power and installing the paddles and air guages.

OKAY IM FINALLY TO THE END OF THIS EXPLANATION. I JUST WANTED TO INFORM ANY POTENTIAL BUYER OF WHAT TO EXPECT. I HAVE LEFT NOTHING OUT (atleast I don't think I did). If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I will post pictures of the system in my car, and will clean up the system before it changes hands. GET YOUR BUY ON!

-ANDY

Last edited by AlphaJZS; 03-16-08 at 05:02 PM. Reason: new pricing
Old 03-03-08, 05:03 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey man - funny you resurfaced when you did. just a few days ago you had a stalker on here trying to find out about your car: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=339138. on second thought maybe it was you just messing around.
Old 03-03-08, 06:26 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

actually i ran into this person. Friend of an ex. hmmm tricky tricky. notice how i didnt reply on the thread? Anyways its 6.25am in cali...i wonder how many people will respond to this thread once everyone is up.
Old 03-03-08, 10:09 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

u located in nor cal or so cal? pix would be great.
Old 03-03-08, 04:16 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so besides a lil bit of road noise and 5-10mph..the ride quality is still good? im interested as well..and would u kno how much those new lines and fittings would cost? and also..where in cali are u located? as some others are asking as well
Old 03-03-08, 05:29 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

New Lines: I have no idea. but you dont have to buy them from ACC you can buy any color lines out there (the ones that come with the kit are red 1/8inch)). There are numerous compainies who deal with compressors and tanks out there. I believe you need atleast 100-200 ft of lines....depending on how you want to run them

New Fittings: you can only get the W-LOCK type fittings from ACC...also no idea on price.

Ride quality of the kit is like stock, but if you go over a bump too quickly like a pothole or a sharp speed bump you will feel the car go down. THIS IS BY NO MEANS A HARD HEAT TREATED SPRING. IT IS A BAG. Anyone who has air ride knows it is a give and take. Give up a bit of performance for show.

Last edited by AlphaJZS; 03-03-08 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Answering a missed question
Old 03-03-08, 05:56 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

man...i woulda been more interested if you were in socal ..how much would u sell it shipped?
Old 03-03-08, 06:20 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

For those of you who are in socal: Lucky for you guys I have another house in San Diego. I go down there from time to time so I might be able to pull off either a drop off or you come pick it up. Pictures will be up soon. You guys gotta give me time to take this thing out of my car I'll only do this for serious buyers of course. Shipping....hmm One strut alone weighs A LOT. i couldnt imagine it costing less than $100. $200 at most?
Old 03-03-08, 07:54 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

well..if u got a house in san diego..whenever u come to daygo..let me know..i would definately be able to pick it up from you if you come to SD..let me know
Old 03-03-08, 08:39 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Wassup Andy!? it's been awhile. We need to hookup sometimes.

Very honest guy!!!
Old 03-04-08, 01:12 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

this is basically everything needed for install minus gettin new lines and fittings?
Old 03-04-08, 03:55 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Originally Posted by GSing430
Wassup Andy!? it's been awhile. We need to hookup sometimes.

Very honest guy!!!
sup mike...heard ur married now. we'll talk later. I been having some free time on my hands lately as everyone can tell....

4play: you got it....heck ill give you everything and you could possibly install it without buying new stuff but remember...u might get a leak....
Old 03-04-08, 03:53 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

soOooO tempting..but id rather save on shipping costs if ur comin to SD
Old 03-05-08, 12:45 AM
SLVRGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn.. this is the kit i want..! too bad it's bad timing right now..
Old 03-06-08, 03:46 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Shipping direct form airrunner is around $110-$130. Gl with the sale.

Quick Reply: AIRRUNNER Air ride up for sale::::::::