FS: JDM 2JZ VVT-I Complete Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 07:39 PM
SLVRGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the response! bump for a sweet 2JZ!
Old 12-20-07, 11:11 AM
mprd702
Pole Position

Thanks...No one's interested?
Old 12-20-07, 03:04 PM
suprahtt
Rookie

Im trying to get details on whats involve in the swap... I want everything working as it was stock... the install is not hard but from what I read getting the guages etc to work... will let you know..
Old 12-20-07, 03:35 PM
mprd702
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suprahtt
Im trying to get details on whats involve in the swap... I want everything working as it was stock... the install is not hard but from what I read getting the guages etc to work... will let you know..
Ok, NP the swap is easy.. The eletrical is the hardest thing. I know SP Engineeering and other shops have done it before where everything inside works just like stock. Well let me know soon. Thanks
Old 12-20-07, 11:30 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gauges and everything should work except for VSC. Those lights were lit on my old car.
Old 12-21-07, 12:22 PM
mprd702
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikal
gauges and everything should work except for VSC. Those lights were lit on my old car.
Thanks for the Info and Help....I'm sure it can't be that hard of a swap, I've seen a few CL member that did this swap in their own garage.
Old 12-21-07, 03:05 PM
suprahtt
Rookie

Im the type of person where I want everything to work including the VSC snow, pwr button...

Kahlee
Old 12-21-07, 03:08 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im the type of person where I want everything to work including the VSC snow, pwr button...

Kahlee
The snow and pwr button switch still works. You just dont have traction control anymore (Who needs it anyways). I believe somebody said they got theirs working though.

This is a great deal for this engine set. Don't pass it up.
Old 12-21-07, 04:08 PM
mprd702
Pole Position

The snow and pwr button switch still works. You just dont have traction control anymore (Who needs it anyways). I believe somebody said they got theirs working though.

This is a great deal for this engine set. Don't pass it up.
Thanks for all your info and Help.... I cant believe no one has jumped on it already.....
Old 12-21-07, 06:26 PM
suprahtt
Rookie

I believe the traction control has its own control box... Also deciding, use one of my spare 3.4 motor or just go "stock" with this one.. money in hand but hesitating.. use what I have and usse the rest of the money into a fuel system... when I decide and you still have it Ill let you know.. Pray I get bored, cuz I tend to buy things I dont need when Im bored.. LOL. But seriously Ill look you up first if I do decide to go this route...

Kahlee
Old 12-22-07, 07:18 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

This is not an easy swap by any means. It's not terribly difficult either. Don't expect to be able to buy this and just drop it in and be good to go. You will REALLY need to know what you're doing if you plan to swap it yourself(that's what I'm doing in my garage at home). The easy part is the physical and mechanical portion of installing the engine...hard part is wiring up all the electronics and getting everything to work correctly. The other option is to take it to a shop that has done this swap before and knows all the little ins and outs in addition to the little things to work out to have a fully functional car. Either way $2500 is an awesome price for all that stuff! If I had the money...I would buy this to have as a spare motor to do a race spec build up on the side

If this thing is still available in a month(probably unlikely)...but if it still is I'm gonna be picking it up.

And yes, the stock twin turbos are coming off the moment I recieve the engine lol.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 12-22-07 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-22-07, 11:43 AM
mprd702
Pole Position

I believe the traction control has its own control box... Also deciding, use one of my spare 3.4 motor or just go "stock" with this one.. money in hand but hesitating.. use what I have and usse the rest of the money into a fuel system... when I decide and you still have it Ill let you know.. Pray I get bored, cuz I tend to buy things I dont need when Im bored.. LOL. But seriously Ill look you up first if I do decide to go this route...

Kahlee
Ok Cool, let me know

Thanks
Old 12-22-07, 11:55 AM
mprd702
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
This is not an easy swap by any means. It's not terribly difficult either. Don't expect to be able to buy this and just drop it in and be good to go. You will REALLY need to know what you're doing if you plan to swap it yourself(that's what I'm doing in my garage at home). The easy part is the physical and mechanical portion of installing the engine...hard part is wiring up all the electronics and getting everything to work correctly. The other option is to take it to a shop that has done this swap before and knows all the little ins and outs in addition to the little things to work out to have a fully functional car. Either way $2500 is an awesome price for all that stuff! If I had the money...I would buy this to have as a spare motor to do a race spec build up on the side

If this thing is still available in a month(probably unlikely)...but if it still is I'm gonna be picking it up.

And yes, the stock twin turbos are coming off the moment I recieve the engine lol.

I would love to see someone build this motor and go with a HUGE single Turbo...
Old 12-24-07, 02:01 AM
SP GS
Driver

This is a great price!

JeffTsai, You are right this is far from a plug and play swap, it is rather difficult compare to many other swaps. I did this swap over three years ago, its worth every cent!
Old 12-24-07, 09:32 AM
rw3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent you a PM.....

From my understanding, if you have a 98-00 GS, it is a straight plug and play and everything will work in the dash......

Quick Reply: FS: JDM 2JZ VVT-I Complete Swap