Think I might selll my Gs400

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-02, 06:25 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Listen guys, first of all....

Don't try to say Manaray is not helpful, he spends quite a bit of his time/energy to let us know what he knows, and he does it in quite a bit of detail too. When I first came to Club Lexus, I never knew a thing about forums or about cars, and so I just posted something like, "what should I do to my car", and Manaray answered that question SO DAMN WELL!!! And I have read many of his other posts and he is one of the few on this forum who knows A LOT about rims.

BUT, I know he disses others' knock-off wheels and other mods as he wishes.

It's like this, if people put huge stickers and cheap wheels on a GS then that GS will be compared to my car simply because my car is a GS too...and I don't want my car compared to cars that may look, "ricey".

If you do something to your GS, you should remember that your GS is still a part of Lexus and we are all a Lexus family, so if one brother (GS400) does something bad it makes the whole family (GS, LS, LX, etc.) look bad....you get?

I "think" that's where Manaray *may* be coming from. But Manaray you have to think about this too...some of these guys have put a lot of hard work, time, money and effort into their mods, and you just dissing them like that in one post has got to hurt. Especially if that person looks up to people like you because he/she thinks you know more about cars.

I know that if I went out and put some lcds on my headrests that were like some cheap brand and I was so excited about them that I told you guys all about it and showed you guys pics...I wouldn't want anyone to diss my setup and say that I should have gone with Kenwood or something....it would hurt me, it would hurt almost anyone.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that yes, Manaray is VERY helpful to this forum indeed, and although this forum is here for us to share our thoughts/opinions, there ARE better ways of giving opinions, as to not hurt anyone's feelings, etc. And I think the upper-level forum moderators should really be dealing with this themselves, but in a more efficient and private manner.

Last edited by nanotech; 01-21-02 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-21-02, 08:12 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

TO ALL THAT APPLY - I think this was a post for Zxlr8 to sell his car, right? Not a post to sell his rims, which started this melee. Just stop the bickering or move to the LOBBY and start a post under "Super Egos and Exuberant Attitudes." Give some forum respect and don't take advantage of Zxlr8's post to sell his car. This post is being used to as a chance climb on top of our skyscraper of a soapbox. Now I'll jump off of mine.
Old 01-21-02, 08:38 PM
zxlr8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

400dgrz,
You are a visionary and a scholar. In all seriousness-THANKYOU!!!
Old 01-21-02, 11:30 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

400DGRZ is right, this thread was for zxlr8, but like many threads, it goes off on a tangent...that's just the nature of the beast...however, I have moved my discussion with CHSFLW off this thread (BTW, I have cleared my PM's so to the people who have tried PMing me in the past few days, please PM me again....on another tangent, everyone should clear out your "SENT ITEMS" folder as this is what's clogging up the PM's...it's not just the INBOX!)

zxlr8 - if you'd like, repost your For Sale thread and I'll go ahead and delete this entire thread (unless someone has an objection to that.)

Nanotech - Your comment about where I'm comming from is RIGHT ON. Hondas have a bad rap (even the good ones) because of all the ricers that have screwed up that market. I don't want to see the same for Lexus. We drive $30K-$70K QUALITY LUXURY CARS.

Ok, I'm getting into to the high speed elevator to get off my "skyscraper of a soapbox"
Old 01-21-02, 11:50 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

a thread about someone selling a GS with 50 replies? So I came in and see this heated debate.

Well it all comes down to personal taste I guess. I'm sure Manaray has nothing against cheap wheels. Yah he's a hater but he hates for a reason. Like me.

Everyone has the right to criticize. If you post pics of your rims, that means you're showing them to the public, and you can't do nothing about other people's criticisms. If you can't take the heat, don't post it. If you think your wheels are tight but someone else says they're ugly, so what? Just let it be. The general public will be the judge.

I could be talkin smack about someone's ugly 20s, and they will attack back (that usually happens.) But when most of the people would rather have the stock 16s than the ugly 20s, there are some SERIOUS problems with those rims!
Old 01-22-02, 05:07 PM
BayStateGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ahh, What was the price for that Gs again???

BayStateGS